SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#86171 - 02/04/05 10:46 PM From Luce
Mark, Michie & Luce Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, England
Good evening all (or whatever time it is),

As some of you will have noticed I made a major mistake in the Technics section of SynthZone regarding members' ages. I've apologised to all those offended but I've got a question, as follows;

What is the average age of a keyboard player (remind yourself I'm only 18) and is there a majority regarding gender?

Please send me any clues so I can enjoy a 'peaceful' night tonight.

By the way, we launched the boat yesterday and out on the water I heard what I thought was a 'board being played. Both of us checked with binoculars but couldn't find a source within approximately 2 miles (remember sound travels better over water), so we can only assume that somebody has a keyboard running on their boat. Is it possible to do this from a 12V DC supply (i.e. the boat's battery)?

Any comments, let me know,

Luce

#86172 - 02/05/05 04:44 AM Re: From Luce
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You can get DC/AC converters that fit under the seat of a car! Play anywhere!

#86173 - 02/05/05 04:51 AM Re: From Luce
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Yikes, nothing to be seen within two miles, yet you heard it. Musta been a PA1X with the speakers. What were they playing, Handel's Water Music?

#86174 - 02/05/05 08:09 AM Re: From Luce
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Most keyboard players I know range 50 to 80 years of age, but I'm sure there are some younger folks who are active on this forum, including yourself. I'll be 65 this October, and I'm not the oldest person here.

As for the adapter, they are known as DC to AC inverters, and most keyboards can utilize this device if the proper wattage rating is purchased. Pretty much anything over 500 watts is just fine.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#86175 - 02/05/05 08:48 AM Re: From Luce
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
I'm 65 and just started to learn to play the K/B and I'm having great fun...who wodda thunk it at my age???? You only be's as old as you wants to be...

#86176 - 02/05/05 09:49 AM Re: From Luce
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI LUCE, whats a nice girl your age doing in a bar?
Keyboard players come in all age brackets. I am 73 this month and have been playing since I was 5 on keyboards so that covers a lot of age brackets. There are many kinds of keyboards but the piano was my first, then the accordion, then the Organs, followed by the Workstation ELECTRONIC keyboards and now the Generat Arranger Keyboards.
Many years ago when I taught music all my students but two were school age and mostly elementry school, to age 14 or there about.
My motorhome is setup to play my keyboards and amps as I often start a street dance in the RV parks we are at. The same setup can be in a boat or a car or anything with a battery, even your golf cart
Best to you and yours in that beautiful place you live
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online