SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#83792 - 02/03/05 04:08 PM anyone with music bed/Jingle experience?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Folks, I am wondering how many of you have experience in the production of video music beds and jingle packages?

I have a client (a large bank holding company in Indiana). I do research design, Annual reports, point of sale marketing materials, training materials and all of their TV and Radio production.

I thought it would be fun to work with someone on the forum. I have been sequencing all of the audio for years, but maby a new idea would be appropriate. As with most producers, I sense a commonality to many of my projects. The initital project would be a standard 30, 60 and 10 jingle bed project.

Typically, we come up with a concept and do a light jazz version and a more contemporary version using the same changes and lead line. The variables, of course, are lead instrument, the voice-over talent, components of the rythem section, etc.

Budgeting for the next flight of commercials will be in about 30 days. The second phase of the project would be conversion of the music direction into an editable piece with sections which could be edited into music beds for film projects (mostly training films) ranging from 5 to 15 minutes.

The budget for the jingle bed is generally about $7,500.00. Pricing for the music bed is generally $750 a finished minute for film scores. Scores are edited for every training production...sometimes 10 over a 12 month period.

I propose, based, of course, on getting the OK for a new campaign (the current one is well into it's second year) to write and get approved a rough, then to work with an experienced synthzone member to have him/her complete. The rough would come in the form of a basic direction done on acoustic piano. There would be a lot of room for creative input, even to the point of altering the lead line and structure.

Please let me know if any of you have experience in film score and jingle production, if the rates available fit your pricing schedule and if you have a sample of one project that you are proud of.

I have several local collaborators and we are working on on-going projects, but I now have a great list of new potential collaborators and it would be enjoyable to work together.

Russ

#83793 - 02/04/05 05:33 AM Re: anyone with music bed/Jingle experience?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Russ:

I sent you a PM, but thought I'd reply here. I have extensive experience in music beds and jingle production and would be interested in participating in your project. Sounds like fun and I'm itching to put my studio to good use.

[This message has been edited by The Pro (edited 02-04-2005).]

#83794 - 02/04/05 07:22 AM Re: anyone with music bed/Jingle experience?

Thanks, Jim got your email. See you play an SD-1. That's my preference for studio and live work. Talk to you as soon as the project is approved. Will happen when management decides on a direction.

Russ

#83795 - 02/04/05 07:53 AM Re: anyone with music bed/Jingle experience?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Jim doesn't play an SD1. He has 2 Yamaha 9kpros! I know ... one was mine !

#83796 - 02/04/05 08:15 AM Re: anyone with music bed/Jingle experience?

Sory, Jim...don't know where i got that...

russ

#83797 - 02/04/05 01:14 PM Re: anyone with music bed/Jingle experience?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Dave's right... I have two 9000 Pro's (UD's former keyboard is pictured here on the right) but those are mostly for my stage work. In the studio I use a fully-loaded Motif ES 8 and I just added the mLan card to it (Firewire to PC), plus I just installed Sonar 4 Producer for surround-sound production. A new studio WinXP computer is at the heart of it. I also use Reason 2.5 extensively and I master with Sound Forge 7.

[This message has been edited by The Pro (edited 02-04-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online