SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#81283 - 01/31/05 01:48 PM Re: My trip to Florida .....
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
UD
I was married to the first for 22 years. SO this qualifies me for Long distance relationships, (Man she was far out there)

Take anything you can talk yourself into, Just don't let them move in with you, Its a lot easier to grab your duds and your keyboard and you move out while they're shopping, than to try and evict 2 acres of plants, 4 cats and half the contents of Walmart.

But then It could be the best thing that ever happened to you in your life, (yes dear I'm almost finished posting to )....Pose

#81284 - 01/31/05 03:57 PM Re: My trip to Florida .....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
I don't know if I could take the "what is she doing now, who is she with, etc.

Wow .... without the basic trust that allows for our own space - we'd have no shot. I wouldn't worry about her actions when we're apart if I could count on her when we're together.
She won't have to worry while I'm doing weddings and bars etc......
It's all about the commitment, and if she wanted to ....... I'd move her in here in a heartbeat.

#81285 - 01/31/05 04:38 PM Re: My trip to Florida .....
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It's all about the commitment, and if she wanted to ....... I'd move her in here in a heartbeat.

What leads you to believe she would consider moving here? Does she have friends and family in the sunny south? If so, figure on making the move yourself and residing in that part of the world. Just my observations after nearly a half century of nuptual bliss.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#81286 - 01/31/05 04:46 PM Re: My trip to Florida .....
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I was gonna say it's not so much the "what is she doing" its the "I want, what I want, when I want it" that's what is going to be frustrating.
Even in the best of circumstances, like being in the same city, a new relationship is tough, ya I don't need to tell you, the distance, after awhile it's gonna be tough.

#81287 - 01/31/05 08:04 PM Re: My trip to Florida .....
Uncle Dave Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:

figure on making the move yourself

No chance .... I have 3 girls here that I need to finish raising within reach of their Mom. Maureen's son is fatherless, so she's doing this all on her own.
I can't think about a move for 10 years or so. Not till I get this 11 yr old all settled and on her own.
I'll rack up the frequent flier miles, pad the Verizon retirement funds, and see what happens. Maybe 8 yrs ........ my youngest will be 19 then - who knows.
I KNOW I don't want to live in Florida at the young age of 49 ..... can't even image that....even for a lady. Well.....MAYBE for a lady.

#81288 - 01/31/05 09:26 PM Re: My trip to Florida .....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Sounds like you need to get your hormones under control. How can you know enough about this lady, perfect though she may be, in so little time, to start talking about moving across country and living together? As you well know, there's a lot more to it after the initial excitement of meeting a new love wears off.
Just a word of caution my friend. If it's for real, there's no need to rush.
DonM

#81289 - 01/31/05 09:40 PM Re: My trip to Florida .....
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
No chance .... I have 3 girls here that I need to finish raising within reach of their Mom. Maureen's son is fatherless, so she's doing this all on her own.
I can't think about a move for 10 years or so. Not till I get this 11 yr old all settled and on her own.
I'll rack up the frequent flier miles, pad the Verizon retirement funds, and see what happens. Maybe 8 yrs ........ my youngest will be 19 then - who knows.
I KNOW I don't want to live in Florida at the young age of 49 ..... can't even image that....even for a lady. Well.....MAYBE for a lady.

sounds like you are a great father.I hope your girls realize that.

#81290 - 02/01/05 06:20 AM Re: My trip to Florida .....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Sounds like you need to get your hormones under control. How can you know enough about this lady, perfect though she may be, in so little time, to start talking about moving across country and living together? As you well know, there's a lot more to it after the initial excitement of meeting a new love wears off.
Just a word of caution my friend. If it's for real, there's no need to rush.
DonM

Don ... you know how these kids are ... "instant romance" ...

t.

#81291 - 02/01/05 09:51 AM Re: My trip to Florida .....
Uncle Dave Offline

INSTANT? We sang together in a band over 20 years ago. I was with her all through her pregnancy with her first child ...... we spent endless hours on the phone, made dinner (AND Whoopie)together ....... she's "best friend" all the way .... it's just the romantic angle that suddenly resurfaced. Plus - I'm an all-er-nothin kind of person when I fall. I fall fast and hard, and I wouldn't want it any other way. These miles are nothing more than a slight inconvenience ....... besides - I LOVE flying !

#81292 - 02/01/05 10:16 AM Re: My trip to Florida .....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
UD ... obviously that was 'tongue in cheek' ... but of course we have no knowledge of your history with this woman ...
As for your love of flying ... seems like you're flying without the aid of a plane ... and you know what? ... GOOD FOR YOU !!! ....
Enjoy ...
t.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online