SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#79702 - 02/07/05 05:41 AM Half Time Show Comments
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I woke up this morning listening to WLS in Chicago as I do every morning. Don Wade one of the hosts on the early morning show was commenting on Paul Mc's halftime show.

He thought it was too "old" especially when he ended up with Hey Jude. The comment was that the song was a hit in 1968. His co host Roma thought "Drive My Car" was also boring.

What do you folks at the bar think?

I thought that the keyboard player was playing a Kurzweil and a Motif. Was that correct? Paul was playing a Yamaha Grand.

Tom

Tom

#79703 - 02/07/05 06:08 AM Re: Half Time Show Comments
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Good gracious, they're really digging to yak about something, aren't they. What did they expect? Songs from his last record? I really don't get it.

I enjoyed it, thought it was well done, probably the best ever for me. Some rocking numbers as well as a ballad and the spectacular production of Live And Let Die.

Did they say what they would have preferred?

#79704 - 02/07/05 06:30 AM Re: Half Time Show Comments
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I enjoyed the halftime much more than the pre-game ... but perhaps age has something to do with that ....
t.

#79705 - 02/07/05 07:20 AM Re: Half Time Show Comments
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
It was a little surprising that three of the four songs were Beatles-era and only one was Wings-era (the syncronized fireworks were nice though). The little pre-show announcements featured "Maybe I'm Amazed". I'm sure the songs were chosen by the producers and they wanted to end with "Hey Jude". It was a good show, except for the stage lighting which kept several musicians in the dark the whole time, and the failed mic on the rhythm guitar when he went to play the guitar solo on "Get Back" (he was barely heard through some other mics on stage).

At least this year's show will be remembered for a good concert whereas last year's show will be forever remembered for a boob...

#79706 - 02/07/05 07:45 AM Re: Half Time Show Comments
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
It seemed like Fox, and whomever was producing the show if it wasn't Fox, was having audio problems all during the pre game and halftime shows ....
t.

#79707 - 02/07/05 07:50 AM Re: Half Time Show Comments
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I'm glad Paul has started doing faithful reproductions of Beatles tunes. Thats probably my age talking I started playing guitar in the "I want to hold your hand" era. I love the early stuff, that made them famous, most of all.
I heard the fifties and early 60's American rock from my older brothers. But the Beatles were mine and I learned guitar from those Beatle books for piano and guitar. Before that I never knew they had books that showed the words, music, and how to play the chords in those little chord symbols.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 02-07-2005).]

#79708 - 02/07/05 03:36 PM Re: Half Time Show Comments
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I prefer Janet Jackson and her little show (ing)

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#79709 - 02/07/05 09:58 PM Re: Half Time Show Comments
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It's the first time I ever watched the halftime show all the way through. I thought it was really good, sound glitches and all. I only watched 15 seconds of last year, on TIVO. Guess which 15 seconds.
DonM

#79710 - 02/08/05 02:15 PM Re: Half Time Show Comments
Anonymous
Unregistered

What? No bare breasts?

#79711 - 02/08/05 04:02 PM Re: Half Time Show Comments
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Enough already with the Trash-time show.
Sheeesh....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online