SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#79989 - 08/31/05 11:43 AM What would you take ???
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Scott Yee said that his sister's in-laws got out of there homes with all they could pack in the trunk of a car ...

If some kind of disaster was about to hit, what would you take with you?
I think I would try to pack my kb and music, as many photo albums as I could, and bank books ... and a ROSARY !!! ...
Most everything else could be replaced ...
That is until I hear what you guys would pack...

t.

#79990 - 08/31/05 12:36 PM Re: What would you take ???
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
In the last two years we have had to evacuate twice. In each case, my first thought was to load my musical gear, but more critical than that are documents such as insurance policies, checkbook, credit cards, any cash you can get before you leave and irreplaceable legal documents.

Next came food and drink, which, in our case was non-perishable snacks and bottled water and a propane camp stove. We also loaded a queen sized, inflatable air mattress.

And finally, toiletries, clothes and a good road map.

It is a very stressful proposition and if you don't have advance reservations or a definite refuge to go to, it can be very difficult trying to find conventional accomodations.

Just thinking about it stresses me out. And it was no where near as bad as what the victims of Katrina are facing now. My heart bleeds for them.

Eddie

#79991 - 08/31/05 01:43 PM Re: What would you take ???
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I would pack up old love letters and photos[from my single days, more than 40 years ago]..My accordion[also over 40 years old]..My G1000...My laptop[current music files and family photos on board], a pair of jeans and sneakers........oh, and maybe,just maybe.....my wife.

#79992 - 08/31/05 03:51 PM Re: What would you take ???
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
I would pack my instruments, my Computers, my music collection and all my ever written lyrics (2 or 3). Did I forget something? Huh, ya, some foods and drinks...
Fortunately I'm still living in a quiet zone of Europe. So, I never have to pack anything for emergency situations!!!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#79993 - 08/31/05 06:04 PM Re: What would you take ???
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
In addition to the essential records (credit cards, passport, drivers license, insurance, etc), backed up computer data (which includes archived photo collection backed up to DVD's), spare cash, clothing, my 60 GB IPOD Photo (filled with my entire music collection), Tyros Keyboard, I'd make sure not forget my "MusicPad Pro+" , which nearly includes my entire music fakebook library. I'd expect (except for the Tyros) could be carried on my back. - Scott

#79994 - 09/01/05 11:47 AM Re: What would you take ???
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
First I would take the important papers ie: titles, deeds, wills, bank statements etc. then I would take the pictures and hierlooms that are irreplacable. Then drinking beverages and food, a tent and sleeping bag and pillow and a few changes of clothing. If I still had room, my fakebooks and Tyros. I suppose I'd also have to take along the wife even though they are replacable.

Tom

Tom

#79995 - 09/01/05 02:54 PM Re: What would you take ???
MrEd Offline

Just my Casio 76-key, and a paddle.
The Yammie 3000 with only 61 keys doesn't have the buoyancy that the Casio has.

Maybe bring my accordion and a rope too (in case i need an anchor)

#79996 - 09/05/05 12:08 PM Re: What would you take ???
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
When we evacuated for hurricane Dennis we took mostly important papers, a few days clothes, a little food, 4 cats and one dog, my Tyros and 2 JBL Eon 10G2's. We didn't have room in the Nissan Sentra for the extra food we bought, but figured it would be no big deal, that we'd only be gone probably several days which was the case.

#79997 - 09/06/05 07:53 AM Re: What would you take ???
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I would pack up old love letters and photos[from my single days, more than 40 years ago]..My accordion[also over 40 years old]..My G1000...My laptop[current music files and family photos on board], a pair of jeans and sneakers........oh, and maybe,just maybe.....my wife.

Hey Fran, thanks for the LOL... you're one cool dude.

Glenn

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online