SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#85696 - 08/29/05 03:58 PM Hurricane Katrina
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Here's hoping any and all Zoners, friends & family are okay down in the Gulf of Mexico area.

------------------
...shboom

#85697 - 09/03/05 04:11 PM Re: Hurricane Katrina
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
We just sent a large cash contribution to the Red Cross designated for the New Orleans team this morning. Today is our 30th wedding anniversary and instead of buying each other presents, we sent the money to help out. There are a lot of great musicians in New Orleans that we have in the times we have been there in the motorhome.
I encourage everyone on this forum to help the Red Cross or Salvation Army to help those in dire need in New Orleans and all the gulf states and towns that were wiped out in Hurricane Katrina.
So it will be McDonalds burgers for our anniv. supper
Bebop

#85698 - 09/03/05 07:49 PM Re: Hurricane Katrina
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Happy Anniversary you big teddy bear.....give her a kiss from all of us.....
Tony Rome

#85699 - 09/03/05 08:30 PM Re: Hurricane Katrina
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I played a high school reunion for class of 1958 today, outdoors by the lake. There were a group of 10 or so refugees from New Orleans that someone brought with them. The host raffled off a picture and we raised several hundred dollars for the group. All of them had lost their homes and everything but what they could carry out when they left.
All the public facilities such as colleges, auditoriums, some churches, etc., are full for miles around.
DonM

#85700 - 09/06/05 12:18 PM Re: Hurricane Katrina
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
We sent our company King Air and pilot to help. I have a real fondness for the area. My dad was stationed at Keesler field in Biloxi, and I made many trips on my little Cushman scooter to New Orleans in 1960-61.

How very sad for all those people. And how petty some of the political bickering has been.

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online