Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#7982 - 04/25/06 06:02 PM Re: Converting MP3 To WMA
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
O
M
G

My MP3's and WMA's sound AWESOME through my sound system. The audience never EVER said anything like, "Hey - that's a sonic misrepresentation !"
I play - thay dance - we all enjoy.
Sheesh.

#7983 - 04/25/06 06:50 PM Re: Converting MP3 To WMA
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
O
M
G

My MP3's and WMA's sound AWESOME through my sound system. The audience never EVER said anything like, "Hey - that's a sonic misrepresentation !"
I play - thay dance - we all enjoy.
Sheesh.

yeah, what he said!!!!

#7984 - 06/20/06 03:10 PM Re: Converting MP3 To WMA
Jon Doe Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
There are two kinds of compression. Lossless and Lossy compression.

Lossless compression doesn't change the sound at all, Lossy doesn't change it noticibly unless an agressive lossy percentage is specified by the user.

compressing computer files (data, sound, programs) has nothing to do with sound compression.

#7985 - 06/20/06 10:09 PM Re: Converting MP3 To WMA
Mark & Rachael Offline

Loc: Merfsea Island, Essex, United ...
Hi Ken,

I'm sorry to but in on your conversation but there is a simple solution which we've been using for some time.

The solution goes like this:

a) link to www.cnet.com
b) go to 'Downloads'
c) search for Power MP3 WMA Convertor.

This will allow you, once installed, to convert between MP3, WMA and WAV at all availible bit-rates. Nb, on the evaluation version you can only convert one file at a time.

I hope that helps,

Rachael,
'Excalibur' New York Central Harbour

#7986 - 06/20/06 11:01 PM Re: Converting MP3 To WMA
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
Thank you all for all your suggestions.
I have found the I can play MP3's in one programme and reccrd in WMA in another

Cousin Ken

#7987 - 06/21/06 04:41 AM Re: Converting MP3 To WMA
Justin Gazda Offline

Loc: Marietta GA, USA
This is off the top of my head, but a fitting addendum to Morph's dilemma- The reason why a lot of people cannot tell the difference between 320kb mp3's and uncompressed has a lot to do with the output Digital to analog converter they're using. The cheap ones, sigma delta, as they are named, act like switching power supplies to make audio signals.(hence, how you can get 16 bits of resolution out of a 1 bit DAC) But in order to keep the switching speed out of the gigahertz range, the cheap DAC's are pro-rated to what the average ear can hear. So, audio information is dedicated exponentially from the low end up. As you hit the 20 khz ceiling, the cheap DACs reproduce these higher frequencies less faithfully. Ergo,the highest quality MP3 will show it's limitations on a high quality DAC, made of resistors, versus the uncompressed file, but cheap DACs will stifle uncompressed audio.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online