SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#256 - 06/11/06 11:53 AM Synths Without Speakers
Mark & Rachael Offline

Loc: Merfsea Island, Essex, United ...
Hi,

This will be the first time we've 'posted' anything on here, but here goes.

Based on the advice of a local friend, another 'Mark' (RIP) who used to be a member of your group we purchased a keyboard that plugs directly into our laptops with Cubasis software. We're gradually getting used to it but have so far only played/sampled with a maximum of two instruments as we can't find (Internet / reference) a list of all of the 127 Midi instrument numbers. If anyone can help, please get in touch.

Rachael

P.S. A note for 'Bebop'
Mark mentioned you a number of times and spoke of you with great admiration. You'll, I hope, be pleased to know both he and Michie died doing a job they enjoyed and they were allowed to rest together in peace.

------------------
Mark & Rachael

#257 - 06/12/06 02:00 AM Re: Synths Without Speakers
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am nor sure if you are looking for a complete set of GM instruments, or just the designations.

Here is a fine free set of instruments for midi. http://www.geocities.jp/shansoundfont/soundfont.html
Here is the table.
http://midistudio.com/Help/GMSpecs_Patches.htm

#258 - 06/12/06 11:48 AM Re: Synths Without Speakers
Mark & Rachael Offline

Hello,

I've printed out the patch map and stuck it on the wall above the desk so that we can both see it. Mark (my dad) is at work this evening but he should be impressed considering he didn't even know I was going to buy a new LaserJet today.

Many, many thanks for taking the time to help.

Yours,

Rachael

#259 - 06/12/06 06:13 PM Re: Synths Without Speakers
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark & Rachael:
Hi,

P.S. A note for 'Bebop'
Mark mentioned you a number of times and spoke of you with great admiration. You'll, I hope, be pleased to know both he and Michie died doing a job they enjoyed and they were allowed to rest together in peace.

HI Mark and Rachael,
It is with much amazement I read this post as I never come to this particular forum in the Synthzone.
I am amazed to learn that we have lost Mark and Michi. I can't imagine what could have happened to them. There was also a younger sister still in school that i don't recall her name right now. what news of her.
you can click on the envelope above to email me if you prefer to answer privately.
I see you live on Merfsea Island where they lived?
I will look to see if I have a list of the 128 midi samples.
Best to you and yours,
Bebop

#260 - 06/12/06 09:21 PM Re: Synths Without Speakers
Mark & Rachael Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
HI Mark and Rachael,
It is with much amazement I read this post as I never come to this particular forum in the Synthzone.
I am amazed to learn that we have lost Mark and Michi. I can't imagine what could have happened to them. There was also a younger sister still in school that i don't recall her name right now. what news of her.
you can click on the envelope above to email me if you prefer to answer privately.
I see you live on Merfsea Island where they lived?
I will look to see if I have a list of the 128 midi samples.
Best to you and yours,
Bebop

Hi Bebop,

Thanks for getting back to us. As usual when corresponding with U.S. there's always a time lag. I'll try to sum up what's happened as briefly as possible so here goes;

Michie's young sister Lucy died from an HIV/AIDS related illness towards the end of Feb '05. She'd just returned from working in Sri-Lanka following the Tsunami. Mark & Michie lost their lives in a saling 'incident' just out of New York's Central Harbour in March this year. They leave one daughter who now lives with us.

All in all, we'd really like to forget 2005 and 2006 but work has a habit of bringing back memories.

Many thanks for taking the time to ask.

Regards,

Mark & Rachael Austin

#261 - 06/13/06 01:06 PM Re: Synths Without Speakers
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I am really saddened to hear your news. My deepest condolences to you all.
I always enjoyed my correspondence both thru the SJ and emails with all three of them.
I have wondered about them from time to time once I quit hearing from them.
thank you for sharing.
best to you all,
Bill

#262 - 06/17/06 02:02 AM Re: Synths Without Speakers
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Well that is very tragic news. I had also wondered what had happened to the 3 of them. Thanks Mark & Rachael for bringing us up to date and explaining why they disappeared from the forums.

It only emphasizes the importance of living life to the fullest. Mark, Michie and Lucy would have wanted you to always try to do that. RIP all three of you and know that we will truly miss you all.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online