SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#7724 - 07/18/03 08:03 AM Re: Going the AKAI route
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
That doesn't sound right . I can use my Poly-800 with Absynth , even my Prophet 600 . At the bear minimum you should be able to play it using the AX-60 . You don't really need a factory sound cassette , just make a copy of the programs you have now . That way you will have something to fall back on to when you have to change the battery .

#7725 - 07/18/03 11:09 AM Re: Going the AKAI route
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe I have it hooked up too my computer wrong? Or is there something I have too do in the software? I have the cables conected to my computer through the Joysitck port on the back of my PC, and too the proper ports on my AX60. Is there something else I should be doing?

#7726 - 07/18/03 10:19 PM Re: Going the AKAI route
800dv Offline

It does sound like you do not have the Absynth set up to receive midi . If the AX-60 is sending on Channel 1 and Absynth is receiving on channel one , then it should work . Unless you're midi set up is not working correctly ( i.e. - midi from the AX-60 is not making it into the computer and into the control of the software . There should be a Midi control panel with Absynth , open it and see if it even sees you're midi interface .

#7727 - 07/19/03 06:13 AM Re: Going the AKAI route
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think I may be lacking a crucial part in this system. The MIDI controler panel was not helpful. I have no way of knowing whether Absynth detects the AX60 or not. Plus I don't have a MIDI card in my computer, just the sound card that is in there. I think it is only set up too use either a Roland MPU-401 or the Dream Station MIDI out. As MIDI controlers.

#7728 - 07/19/03 08:28 AM Re: Going the AKAI route
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well 800dv I found out why the AX60 is not working with the absynth, it's because my computer is not set up too work with the AX-60. Mine will only work with the Crystal Wave synth or the Roland MPU-401 or the Dream Station. I am afraid my computer is too new and the synth is too old. I wish I had know this before I bought the AX-60. Oh well live and learn.

#7729 - 07/19/03 09:50 AM Re: Going the AKAI route
800dv Offline

That makes no sense . Midi has a protocol that is universal , as far as using a keyboard control to control another module or software , it's all universal . The soundblaster might be limited because it's really only for games . It's not a pro card . You can get an AUDIOPHILE 2496 card which has Audio and Midi for less than $150.00 . That is a pro card and will work with any midi synthesizer like it should . Plus the card will handle you're audio far better than a soundblaster would . As far as midi info of a key being pressed , it's the same info from a Prophet 600 ( the first midi synth ) to a Roland Fantom ( one of the latest ) . The soundblaster is a multimedia card for games and it's very limited on audio and the type of midi setup it uses , because midi is not that important for games . The best thing to do is to remove it and the driver , and replace it with a pro level card . Or you can get the Midiman Oxygene 8 which is a keyboard controller with knobs and a USB midi interface for less than $140.00 .

#7730 - 07/19/03 12:02 PM Re: Going the AKAI route
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay! That makes more sense, to buy a MIDI card and maybe the Oxygen 8, but I will have too wait on that for a while since I just spent money on my AX60. Also I am trying to save up for a new laptop computer at some point that will be use mainly for muisc. With a pro MIDI card, and Media software. MSN now has an operating system software for just music. MIDI MP3 wav and Media Player but still has Internet and IM.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online