SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#76750 - 08/06/09 07:50 AM Roland E-80..Excellent condition...For sale.
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have decided to sell my E-80..I used it last night to gig...I needed to find out if the MP3 player could work with the trio...It was a hit and a miss..

The Mp3 player has a single fault that makes all the difference to me...No way to select the next song at random..it will play auto the next song in the list, but you can not cue up a different song..For me it is an obstacle..You need to wait till the song is done playing than select the new song ..and push play..You can search pages while the song is playing..but can not select a song...it will show that it is busy..

If you make playlist..it works perfectly selecting the songs in the order of the playlist...This is the ideal way...My band members prefer not to use a list..(even though we pretty much play the same list anyway...just habit)...

The clincher came this morning..my Explorer was in the shop..The transmission and transfer case need to be replaced.....$2,600..OUCH!!!!!

So it looks like it is in the cards..Email me if you can use a perfect E-80....$2,000 shipped.....

#76751 - 08/06/09 10:35 AM Re: Roland E-80..Excellent condition...For sale.
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
SHOOOOOOT!!!!
You need a juke box not a high class arranger
bebop

#76752 - 08/06/09 11:31 AM Re: Roland E-80..Excellent condition...For sale.
Fran Carango Offline

Bill I have a high class arranger .....2 of them..what I need now is a transmission..

#76753 - 08/06/09 12:17 PM Re: Roland E-80..Excellent condition...For sale.
Fran Carango Offline

What am I doing...I changed my mind...This E80 is not available...I have been thinking of doing more solo work..NH or restaurant...and this is perfect for that..all in one and speakers are loud enough too...

The heck with the Explorer..anyone want to buy it..it is like new ..

I will put it in the driveway till I decide to fix it on my terms..

My Voyager is just as good..even better right now...

#76754 - 08/06/09 01:44 PM Re: Roland E-80..Excellent condition...For sale.
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Now you got it right
all is forgiven
bebop

#76755 - 08/09/09 12:11 PM Re: Roland E-80..Excellent condition...For sale.
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
The way I see it, Fran... You shouldn't use the MP3-player in the E-80 at gigs. It's too slow to switch to (or back), no cue.
If you need an MP3-player, connect an iPod to the aux-in of the E-80, (I use my iPhone LOL), use its playlists etc.

The MP3-player in the E-80 is nice. A bonus. No "core-functionality", to my mind anyway. I use it for fun, to study new songs, but nothing more.

I wasn't surprised you changed your mind. In fact, I would say it's downright nuts to dismiss such a fine piece of musical instrument just because you don't like its.... jukebox LOL

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl
Happy owner of a Roland E-80 V2

#76756 - 08/09/09 12:44 PM Re: Roland E-80..Excellent condition...For sale.
Fran Carango Offline

Bart, this past week..I have made break sets {playlist} on the E80...And it works perfect during our break time...After we are done playing on stage..I just open the MP3 player already selected to the determined break playlist..and start the player....Actually..if we as a band worked from playlist (we don't), like other bands..this would work out great too..

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online