SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#7675 - 12/11/03 08:52 AM Re: New Years Resolution for 2004 , and somrthing Nigle said too me
Anonymous
Unregistered

To put it mildly, If I really want to lern to play keyboards, I may as well spend the money to buy a home keyboard or even an aranger keyboard, if I want just have found with sound then I would buy a synth.

Guitar Center is having it's December Sale.

Hmm maybe I will see what's keyboards Best Buy is offereing.

Thene again maybe I don't even know what I want!

#7676 - 12/11/03 10:45 AM Re: New Years Resolution for 2004 , and somrthing Nigle said too me
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Hmmm...
I'm not sure if I would want to live in the 60's or even 70's for that matter...
In the 60's girls were kinda fat (most of them anyway) and I think
only holliwood actresses shaved their legs...Plus all that hippy stuff...DIRTY...
And I'm pretty sure I'd miss my studio after dealing with nothing but modular systems and tape loops. I don't really miss that. I really had enough of unstable and muddy sounding tape echos and other nasty things.
I definitely miss the 80's though.

Paul,
Getting an arranger keyboard is GOOD. It will teach you a thing or two about arrangements, chords and different styles. Nowadays arranger boards pack more firepower then my entire studio did back in late 80's. You can get a lot of them used for a good price. As tech says " When you're fed up with it. Throw it away. We live in a disposable world". So once you've outgrown it ...get a better arranger or may be even a synth with some nice sequencing software and start writhing something of your own. I'm not saying you should decide NOW...take your time, shop around, see what happens.

-ED-

#7677 - 12/11/03 01:43 PM Re: New Years Resolution for 2004 , and somrthing Nigle said too me
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay ED, any suggestions?

#7678 - 12/11/03 02:34 PM Re: New Years Resolution for 2004 , and somrthing Nigle said too me
3351 Offline

Suggestions regarding arranger boards?
That's Uncle Dave's department. But I can look into it for you if you want.

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 12-11-2003).]

#7679 - 12/11/03 04:25 PM Re: New Years Resolution for 2004 , and somrthing Nigle said too me
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Paul,

You are bringing two different issues. The first one is about satisfaction and fulfillment in life. Believe it or not, music is not the answer even if you own all instruments and even if you play better than the rest. That is the arena of God and the bible. And you are right. Many times we use addictions to try to fulfill a void that only one can satisfy.

But, concerning the second issue: music, I would like to suggest few things:

1) Visit various music stores for some time and play with various instruments. Do that on a regular basis until you find what you like.

2) Visit some musician friends and try their instruments.

3) Practice Music half an hour a day and then STOP! If it feels like work, make it 20 min a day. Then STOP. If it still feels like work, just do it 15 min a day or even 10 min a day. 10 min a day or even 20? That is not work.

4) When practicing music, do the things that you like. If you get bored, stop.

5) Remember, you always can expand and you always can sell and get a different instrument. You always can upgrade and add.

6) If playing music is not your thing, and if you decided that you will not get an instrument, that is ok. We still consider you part of our community and we still read and appreciate your comments. Do not feel pressured to get something in order to belong. You already belong now.

7) If you decide to do something with music, recording, making sounds, playing music, whatever it is, you do not have to be good at it. The only rule here is that you should have fun.

8) Do not feel shy in taking break from music, or changing your mind, or breaking a commitment you made to certain instrument. Life is tough. Do not make music a burden!!!

God bless you on the first issue and Good luck on the second one.

#7680 - 12/11/03 09:21 PM Re: New Years Resolution for 2004 , and somrthing Nigle said too me
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by 3351:
Suggestions?
That's Uncle Dave's department.

Hmmm, was that an insult?

#7681 - 12/11/03 09:24 PM Re: New Years Resolution for 2004 , and somrthing Nigle said too me
3351 Offline

NO

-ED-

#7682 - 12/12/03 07:34 AM Re: New Years Resolution for 2004 , and somrthing Nigle said too me
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cassp, over on the Genneral Arranger forum suggested the Novation KS 4 as a possiblity. What do you think? From listening to the K-station demo at Novation Music.com it sounds rather cool. And it is not like anything else I have seen before. It does have knobs which I like, plus 4 arpegiators which I like also, and MIDI which is usefull. Plus it does not seem to overly complex. Of course I would have to play one to see if I like it. I do happen to like the strange and unsual and differnt. This could be something to consider.

[This message has been edited by Paul-61 (edited 12-12-2003).]

#7683 - 12/12/03 08:17 AM Re: New Years Resolution for 2004 , and somrthing Nigle said too me
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I didn't think so ..... Happy Holidays !

#7684 - 12/12/03 08:18 AM Re: New Years Resolution for 2004 , and somrthing Nigle said too me
Sanvean Offline

Loc: UK
The K Station is the easiest VA Synth I have ever used. Everything is straight up front and a doddle to fathom out. I think using one of these with some form of software like Acid may be right up your street. You could record audio directly into it and add even more effects to those already onboard the K Station.

You may need to find out which way you wanna work on your tracks before chosing your software.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online