SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3859 - 12/16/03 08:19 AM Here is a list of keyboards I am interested in
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay! Here is a list of keyboards that I am intereseted in. I know I hav been driving most of you crazy so here is a list to simplify things.
Access Virus Indigo
Ensonq ASR 88
Ensoniq KS32
Kawai K5000s
Korg MS2000
Korg Triton Le
Minimoog Voyager
Novation KS4
Roland JP8000
Roland XP-80
Yamaha CS1X

This will give you some idea as to what I am looking for.

#3860 - 12/16/03 09:37 AM Re: Here is a list of keyboards I am interested in
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
You are looking for toys again.
May be Nigel was right. You need to start playing some music. I'm not sure if piano lessons is the way to go though. Very few piano teachers know anything about synthesizers and the kind of music that is made on synths nowadays. Your best choice is to finally get some kind of multitimbral synth and a sequencer/arranger software.

But first you have to figure out what kind of music you'd like to write/play. It will help you choose a synth.
Out of all the multitimbral stuff out there I prefer KORG workstations. The sounds work together very well (unlike with Roland or even Yamaha), they have great FX setups, and most important of all - fast dynamic voice allocation (something Roland and Yamaha are still pretty bad at).

-ED-

#3861 - 12/16/03 10:57 AM Re: Here is a list of keyboards I am interested in
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well your right as usual ed. I think I will look into the krog Triton or trinty. I do like Korg after all.

Good Luck with the .com!

#3862 - 12/16/03 11:04 AM Re: Here is a list of keyboards I am interested in
danb Offline

Who is your idol musician? What song do you listen most of the time? Here is my technique to determine what I need. Everytime I hear a beautiful songs and music, I closed my eyes and imagining that I am playing keyboard in the group. I put myself that I am in there playing with them. Everytime I watched Journey's concert in the DVD I always put myself that I am Jonathan Cain playing the keys. Then I will make a search of what kind of gear he was using. I know he was using a TS10 and Yamaha midigrand. Then I realized that I can't afford to buy a midigrand. TS10, maybe. But I found out that there's a lot of alternative to obtain the sound that I want. Paul, I was just sharing you how a got into music. I already know that I really want to be a musician since I was a kid. You don't need to own all those things in you list. If you did then your confusion will never end. Try to minimize those in your list into 2 items. You can obtain most of the sound from each of them. It depends on what you need. Even Phil Collins never have those many equipment in your list.

Happy Holiday,
Dan

#3863 - 12/16/03 01:43 PM Re: Here is a list of keyboards I am interested in
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi Paul

At this point, I recommend you wait until Winter NAMM in January before purchasing anything. You may find more fuel for your wishlist.

#3864 - 12/18/03 01:01 AM Re: Here is a list of keyboards I am interested in
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I do seem to be drawn to big and expensive worksations like the Korg Trion and Triton Le. As well as the Minimoog voyager.

Well dan I listen to quite a few people, Like Billy Joel, Kraftwerk, Jean Michal Jarre.

#3865 - 12/20/03 07:34 PM Re: Here is a list of keyboards I am interested in
Anonymous
Unregistered

What about the Korg Karma? It is a little more expensive the the triton Le, and has some fetures that are not found on the Le.

#3866 - 12/21/03 10:41 AM Re: Here is a list of keyboards I am interested in
Clif Anderson Offline

As one of the first to buy a Korg Karma, I highly recommend it. The Karma function is basically a super arpeggiator, but it uses chord recognition so arranger type accompaniment is also possible. It comes with the Triton sound engine and accepts the MOSS and EXB cards as expansion--so the sound capabilities are quite extensive. Go to www.karma-lab.com for more information. The site is run by the inventor of the Karma function and he provides technical support personally. The Karma is about as much fun as you can have with a music keyboard.

Downsides: a proprietary external power supply. Also, when Korg introduces its new platform, the Karma may seem a little obsolete soundwise.

#3867 - 12/21/03 10:51 AM Re: Here is a list of keyboards I am interested in
Anonymous
Unregistered

Korg is comming out with a new platform? I love the sound of the Karmma the interactiveness of it seem real cool to me. I like keyboards that I can interact with. Not only can you play on the keyboard, but you can use those four chord trigger pads and the joysitck as well, plus the eight knobs for real time control. I have a copy of the promotional video that korg put out. Got it free with my copy of keyboard magazine. Also it's deffinetly not like the other worksations that korg has made. Maybe it's just me but Korg seems to be pushing their Triton Series of music workstations more then the Karma. I have been by the Karam Lab. The other reson why is becuse your not limited to just static sounds and loops. I have not had a chance to play one but I may have to check it out.

#3868 - 12/21/03 10:56 AM Re: Here is a list of keyboards I am interested in
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
So it's Korg Karma now?
It might work for you - might not. But buy it anyway. As tek says "we live in a disposable world.If you don't like it throw it away."

-ED-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online