SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#7535 - 05/05/06 04:13 PM Still Working on it.
MORPH! Offline

Loc: Laguna Beach, California, Unit...
One thing that I drive myself crazy with is being a perfectionist. It's probably one of the main reasons I do my work best as a sessional lol and alone. If there's another keyboardist involved, (depending on the material and how it's played of course) I might say to myself; Oh my God what if so and so thinks I played that part? Then I will have to open my mouth and give some suggestion that's not warranted. It's my own hangup and it keeps me from moving forward sometimes, especially when it comes to jazz genre improvizing. Perfectionism can kill the exploritory musical senses. You know, like when you make a mistake and it sounded great. Sometimes if I do that I dont know what to do because I become in conflict with myself. Some say being a perfectionist is good when it comes to music. I say it is not and having lived this I can also say that it sucks. I'm working on it though and if I have to I will shove my head into a bucket of ice water to chill out.

Anyway, Thanks for the Pink Floyd Base Midi files. I decided after modifications and considering the other files I have, that I am going to do the entire first side of the album in XG. There's just not enough instrumentation to do it GM or GMII, and the wrong timbres in GS. So when I'm done, I will let you know,LOL but don't hold your breath for me because it can take forever sometimes, and that's a long time.

Best to all

Pete

#7536 - 05/21/06 09:50 PM Re: Still Working on it.
MORPH! Offline

Loc: Laguna Beach, California, Unit...
Just an update to my Blog like posting. Progress report on the PF reveals that right now I am in the middle of "Time". I never thought I would make it past the plane crash and explosion, but I did by way of realizing it was not going to happen with 16, so I went back and added another 16 from the beginning. This helped a real lot with the instuments I used which really didn't have enough sustain, but now they do by way of a feathering method of an added channel. I'm probably going to go back again and do the same thing where a slap-back is caled for in the guitar delay effect. I tend to worry about things like that because you know how it is when you take a picture and go over it and over it again and again, after a while, you look at the thing and discover, hey, it's black, or well, too dark. That would be a major problem for me because then I would have to start all over again, and in order to do that I have to take time out so I don't begin with frustration.
Sometimes I think I should have just stuck to editing aiff's and wavs because that is really what I do best (besides sleeping).

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online