SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#6140 - 05/22/06 06:21 AM Cursor???
ochre aka ogre Offline

Loc: UK
HiFolks,
My Advent 7062 laptop with Windows XP has developed an annoying problem,. For example, go to enter the zone, Move the cursor to join Technics site and soon as I touch the mouse the whole page flashes down and it can take several minures of manouvering before I can get into the site.

Same sort of thing when I go into say the inbox for emails - touch the mouse and the mail list flashes up/down until I'm lucky enough to get it to stay put where I want it.

In other wordws "UNSTABLE" seems to have become my middle name.

Can anyone help please??

Peter

#6141 - 05/22/06 10:29 AM Re: Cursor???
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Either you've got a wirm or enabled some bizarre cursor tracking option by accidentally hitting a hot key. In either case System Restore might help. If you don't mind using it that is.

Also, a simple thing like mouse/scroller speed set to higher values can cause the cursor to jump around the screen each time new windows open. But looks it you've played with that stuf already.

Personally I get that annoying "jumping cursor" a lot. But I'm forced to use screen reader/magnification applications and they are notorious for bugs related to screen redraw and cursor tracking.

-ED-

#6142 - 05/22/06 10:34 AM Re: Cursor???
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Just gave it some more thought... Could be a damaged scroll button (or the actual scroller if you have it). Try using a different mouse. Before you try all that other weird stuff I've mentioned .

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 05-22-2006).]

#6143 - 05/23/06 09:52 AM Re: Cursor???
ochre aka ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks for that -ED-,

Will try what you suggest - life was a lot simpler before I got this b....y computer. All I did then was play the keyboad....

Peter

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online