SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#71407 - 01/20/00 08:13 PM Trouble getting stereo audio tracks into SW1000XG
single_digit Offline

Loc: Fayetteville, AR, USA
I am attempting to use the sw1000xg to record stereo tracks into Cakewalk Pro Audio 7 and Sound Forge 4. Unfortunately the card defaults to a mono mode. I have downloaded the unregistered version of XG edit to put it in stereo mode, but the unreg version doesn't allow saving of changes made, so I can't leave it in stereo mode after using XG edit, and without installing a multi-client driver (Hubi's loopback device), which I would rather not do- there appears to be no way to record in stereo. Surely there is a simpler way to get stereo tracks into my software.
Thanks for your time,
Jason Johnson

#71408 - 01/20/00 11:46 PM Re: Trouble getting stereo audio tracks into SW1000XG
Alvinc Offline

Loc: Norway
Hi,

If i'm not mistaken, the card defaults to mic in (mono). But, I think there is a patch on Yamaha's site somewhere that allows you to default to line in (stereo).
Hope this helps...good luck
http://www.yamaha.co.uk/xg/html/h_new.htm
Alvinc

[This message has been edited by Alvinc (edited 01-21-2000).]

#71409 - 02/14/00 06:09 PM Re: Trouble getting stereo audio tracks into SW1000XG
single_digit Offline

Loc: Fayetteville, AR, USA
Well I downloaded the newest driver and flashrom, but this only solves the problem of defaulting to mic level, not of defaulting to a mono input mode. I've contacted Yamaha's tech support and they couldn't record into the card in stereo either, despite the claim that the a/d input is stereo (the tech support man is looking into why it doesn't work). So I asked if anyone else has had this problem, and he said "no". How is it possible to do things like mixing all the synths and samplers down to record a stereo mix on the computer to burn to cd if the card won't record in in stereo?
Jason

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online