SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#72008 - 02/11/00 06:52 PM does anybody know Keyboard technology. I need your help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Come on yamaha budys help me out. I got a djx and It has a line in. somebody told me that the line out is were the phones go and on the phones it says phones/aux out.

Is this the line out? Because I realy am not trying to screw up my Keyboard.

If this is the Line out, were does an average Joe like me get this line out plug. I don't want to have to go all the way to Japan or somethin Or order it from out a catalog or internet. Can I get it at radio shack, or circuit city or somethin?

What I want to do is to some how. hook my Keeyboard up to my stereo and record my song strait onto the casset deck.

can Somebody please Help me out I realy would be greatful.

#72009 - 02/11/00 07:40 PM Re: does anybody know Keyboard technology. I need your help
Ph@yze Offline

Loc: London,England
Yes any old lead will do,
Just get a 1/4 inch jack to RCA(just like the soundcard to amp lead but with a large headphone jack)
and your sorted.

#72010 - 02/12/00 10:07 AM Re: does anybody know Keyboard technology. I need your help
snoids Offline

Loc: Spring Hill, FL, USA
Most keyboards have a "line out" and a "Phone" jack. The line out is the one you want to use to send the signal to your stereo. Headphone jacks are usually a hotter signal, and can add unwanted distortion. You did not mention what type of input jack your tape deck has. If it has a "mic" jack, you should use that if you can. It will provide you with more flexibility with volume adjustments. If you have to run through your whole stereo system, you may pick up noise, so try to go directly into you tape deck if you can. I strongly suggest that you buy a high quality cable, and try not to use any adaptors. Any cable will do, but a high quality cable will make a difference and last much longer. I suggest you go to a music store and spend a couple of extra bucks on the best cable, with the appropriate jacks on the ends.

------------------
snoid

#72011 - 02/12/00 10:11 AM Re: does anybody know Keyboard technology. I need your help
snoids Offline

Oops! I almost forgot. If you want to record in stereo, make sure you get a stereo cable to go into your mic input. If you do not have a mic input, and are going directly into the back of your tape deck, buy two mono cables.

------------------
snoid

#72012 - 02/12/00 11:29 AM Re: does anybody know Keyboard technology. I need your help
Anonymous
Unregistered

The only way I can do this is if I have a 1/4
inch Jack.

lets say this.

I get this 1/4 inch Jack line plug thingy.

do I have to have a stereo that has a mic plug in.

I could not plug in my plug out of my Keyboard to the head phones of my stereo.
my stereo does not have a mic plug in
My stereo type is a iawa. and is has a skinny hole that you plug the head phones in.

these are my questions

How much does something like this usually cost?

Do I have to plug the line out of the keyboard to the Mic. Or does it matter if I put it in the phones of the stereo.

Thanks a lot

#72013 - 02/12/00 12:12 PM Re: does anybody know Keyboard technology. I need your help
snoids Offline

Maryland

Since your tape deck has no "mic in" jack you must revert to bringing music into your tape deck through the RCA jacks that now connect your tape deck to your stereo.
The "phones" jack of your stereo is not an input source and you can't use it. You need to see how your tape deck attaches to your stereo. If you have 2 cables coming out of your tape deck that plug into your stereo,then these are RCA jacks. You need to buy a cable that connects your keyboard to these RCA jacks. My guess is that your keyboard also has 2 "line out" jacks. A "left" and a "right" I suggest that you buy 2 cables, one for each line out jack. You want to connect the "line out" from your keyboard to the "line in" of you tape deck. The cable(s) you buy will need to have a 1/4 inch jack on one end, and a female RCA jack on the other. Insert the 1/4 inch jack into the "line out" of your keyboard, and the female RCA jack onto the male RCA plug coming out of your tape decks "Line in"(the record line) If you want to record in stereo, buy 2 cables and attach them. I suggest, as I did in my previous post that you buy high quality cables. You can expect to pay anywhere from 10-25 dollars per cable. If you go to a local music store and tell them what you are trying to do, the sales person will be able to help you.
snoid

------------------
snoid

#72014 - 02/12/00 04:47 PM Re: does anybody know Keyboard technology. I need your help
Ph@yze Offline

Loc: London,England
I use a DJX in my studio set up and the headphone/Aux out just plugs in the aux in on your aiwa or cd input all these are on the back of the stereo the lead costs about £4 english money but i dont know $
as i said 1/4 inch jack one end to left and right RCA.s

the headphone is also joint auxout.

#72015 - 02/13/00 08:24 AM Re: does anybody know Keyboard technology. I need your help
danb Offline

Snoids, the right cable should be 1/4 plug male to RCA male as oppose to your RCA female.

#72016 - 02/13/00 09:35 AM Re: does anybody know Keyboard technology. I need your help
snoids Offline

Danb
That all depends on whether there is a fixed cable coming out of the tape deck or not. If there is, and most likely there is, he will need a female jack on the RCA side. But since he did not state this, I suggested that he advise a salesperson of what he is trying to do so that he will make the right purchase.
snoids

#72017 - 02/13/00 10:51 AM Re: does anybody know Keyboard technology. I need your help
danb Offline

I assumed that Maryland is referring to an Aiwa FM stereo cassette and CD player like a boombox that that has an auxillary input. Most of this auxilliry jack at the back are RCA female. Even in the stereo component. If she's using a stereo component like an A/V receiver most common in a sorround sound system, a separate tape deck is also connected to RCA female input. All audio input/output should all be female and this is standard in electronic technology. Now, if Maryland is trying to hook up a separate tapedeck this cable can also be use to connect to its input if it has a built-in amp.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online