SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#7053 - 08/28/06 06:43 AM Re: Buying older gear.
analogcontrolfreak Offline

My K-61 arrived Saturday, but due to an illness, (cold). I have not had a chance to try it out until now. The keyboard is very lite weight, keys, feel like synth keys, and it's very esay to install. I put it on the keyboard stand, where the Poly-61 was sitting. The M1le software is a nice ssoft synth to work with, took a little while to figure out, how to work with it. But once I got it, it's reall not that hard to get around. Unfortunetly, I can not compare the M1-le to the M1, but I Korg did a good job, in recreateing the M1.

#7054 - 08/28/06 11:54 AM Re: Buying older gear.
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
I also have a bit of a cold. BUt no VIrus yet.

Few more days to go and I'm cancelling the order. I'm done waiting.

Hope you enjoy the M1 LE and eventually begin adding more software synths.

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 08-28-2006).]

#7055 - 08/28/06 02:17 PM Re: Buying older gear.

The included disk, even comes with demo versions, of the Korg Legacy collection. Along with demo versions of AAS's Lounge Lizard, String Studio and Ultra Analog. There are even demos of Reason, and Live.

I would enjoy these demos more, if my ears were not blocked at the momment. I hate being sick.

#7056 - 09/12/06 01:45 PM Re: Buying older gear.
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Good news Paul,
I just got my VIrus TI. Currently just messing with it. Sequencing a little peace that sounds like "Popcorn". Just to see how well things work. So far everything seems rock solid. Occasional arp drift and hanging notes but nothing serious. Playing 'bout 9 parts total right now. THe sounds are huge so they take up a lot of space. In overall it behaves way way way better than my Waldorf MWXTs. At least concerning the issue with hanging notes. VOice allocation seems very good since I'm going crazy with polyphony here. I'm amazed at what this little box can do. Just hope it drops in price one day so more people can get a chance to own one.

I'm running it via MIDI only. DOubt I'll ever need to use VC (VIrus Control plug-in). I guess I'm not to keen on the whole 'total integration thing. The whole idea of streaming audio via USB 1.0 seems ridiculous to me.

So here you go, it's finally here and it's great!

-ED-

#7057 - 09/12/06 04:15 PM Re: Buying older gear.

That's great new Ed, I'm glad your enjoying you Virus. Yeah, Access makes nice synths, but they are, really expensive.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online