SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#70487 - 08/10/10 01:29 AM My First Job in Four Years with a Kn7000
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I used my Kn7000 to play a job last night, what a task. The padded case I purchased was one inch short, I had to secure the one end with some rope. aaaaaaaah. I put all my music (notes and lyrics) in my laptop and I tried to make sure I could access them easily. The lifting of the Kn7 is another issue. Was it worth carry such a heavy instrument, yes but I wish I was about 4 inches taller and about 20 years younger.

The good news – It has been four years since I played a job with a Kn7 and I was amazed how at home I was on the instrument. I would like to say that is all my doing but a good part of that is the way the Kn7 is laid out, everything seemed just there. Another shocker is that I played the 3-hour job and used my laptop about four times, the rest just came from somewhere. I played song after song and my hands seemed to know where to go when I didn’t. I did not sing, it was not that type of job, I was hired to play background. That never happened I had two things going for me:

1-I was so comfortable with the keyboard.
2-The sound of the Kn7000 brought a lot of curiosity, they could not believe the realistic sounds they were listening to.

Just thought I would share a happy moment, John C.

#70488 - 08/10/10 03:00 AM Re: My First Job in Four Years with a Kn7000
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi John
That's great. I am glad everything went well.
Bernie

#70489 - 08/10/10 03:21 AM Re: My First Job in Four Years with a Kn7000
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Brilliant John...

#70490 - 08/10/10 08:11 AM Re: My First Job in Four Years with a Kn7000
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Wonderful! Good for you John! Yes, that terrific keyboard, the 7K, is a super fantastic unbeatable keyboard! However, it sure is one heavey item....

Maybe you could include a clause in your contract that mandates someone younger and stronger must carry the KB into and from the gig? That worked for me for many years....Now they keep it on the job and have it all set up for me when I arrive!

My gig is volunteer... I do it for the pleasure of pleasuring others...Happy playing everyone!

------------------

#70491 - 08/11/10 03:56 AM Re: My First Job in Four Years with a Kn7000
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[QUOTE]Originally posted by etwo4788:
[B]Wonderful! Good for you John! Yes, that terrific keyboard, the 7K, is a super fantastic unbeatable keyboard! However, it sure is one heavey item....

Maybe you could include a clause in your contract that mandates someone younger and stronger must carry the KB into and from the gig? That worked for me for many years....Now they keep it on the job and have it all set up for me when I arrive!

My gig is volunteer... I do it for the pleasure of pleasuring others...Happy playing everyone!

Nice, There should be more that think like you, John C.

#70492 - 08/11/10 06:16 AM Re: My First Job in Four Years with a Kn7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
John, I Love your final comments in your initial post Exactly how I feel about mine - Amen

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online