SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#7033 - 08/18/06 02:41 PM Re: Buying older gear.
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Ugh.. Just saw a PPG 2.3 on eBay and almost bought it. Just as I was 'bout to press "Buy it NOw" I noticed that it only ships to the US.

Otherwise I'd have a real 2.3 again. This sucks.

Still waiting on that TI and trying to decide whether to get the DSI evolver now or later. I've been saving up to add some synths to the studio for a while now and that PPG looked good. THe price wasn't the greatest (over 2K) but it's something I would get any time.

I have the software PPG 2.V but the filters are nothing like the real thing. Envelopes too.
Well, I guess it just wasn't meant to happen.

-ED-

#7034 - 08/18/06 03:50 PM Re: Buying older gear.
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Maybe next time!

#7035 - 08/18/06 04:08 PM Re: Buying older gear.
3351 Offline

Yeah. May be. I'd rather find one here in Ontario though.

BUt this is funny. TI is taking forever to ship. DSI is a bitch to order because of local dealers. PPG can't be shipped to Canada.

If I didn't know better I'd say it's a bad dream I'm having. LOL

-ED_

#7036 - 08/18/06 04:30 PM Re: Buying older gear.
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 3351:
Yeah. May be. I'd rather find one here in Ontario though.

BUt this is funny. TI is taking forever to ship. DSI is a bitch to order because of local dealers. PPG can't be shipped to Canada.

If I didn't know better I'd say it's a bad dream I'm having. LOL

-ED_

Hey Ed, I think I have your problem solved.

Strike a deal with Flavie.

Flavie mentioned that after numerous years of him and the wife performing on the cruise ship circuit, they are settling down in Canada, I think Toronto area.

Tell him what you are looking for, at what price. If he finds it, he brings it in as a piece of own equipment.

In return, you find him some numbers or contacts where he can get some jobs lined up in the area. Its a beautiful thing for all

#7037 - 08/18/06 04:38 PM Re: Buying older gear.

To bad you don't live in the US. We have, Musicians Friend, Sweetwater, Sam Ash, Guitar Center, Same Day Music, ZZounds, AMS(American Musical Supply). These are just the ones I can think of, off the top of my head. They all do mail order as well.

#7038 - 08/19/06 06:46 AM Re: Buying older gear.
3351 Offline

Well, I'm not that far away really. I'd say 2 hour drive.
Most stores you've mentioned ship to Canada. I'd rather buy localy though. Just so I don't have to ship the unit forth and back in case I need it serviced or replaced.

Usually local stores are pretty good with stuff like international orders etc. It's just that there seems to be this odd situation with Access. For months now...

I've e-mailed Access support and hopefully I'll get some answers. If not, I'm ordering the DSI evolver and moving on.

-ED-

#7039 - 08/19/06 07:25 AM Re: Buying older gear.
3351 Offline

Quote:
Strike a deal with Flavie.

Flavie mentioned that after numerous years of him and the wife performing on the cruise ship circuit, they are settling down in Canada, I think Toronto area.

Tell him what you are looking for, at what price. If he finds it, he brings it in as a piece of own equipment.

In return, you find him some numbers or contacts where he can get some jobs lined up in the area. Its a beautiful thing for al

May be my memory is going or I've had too much beer but who's Flavie? Where do I find that fella?

#7040 - 08/19/06 08:10 AM Re: Buying older gear.
MrEd Offline

Ed
Here's a link to Flavie's post in General Arranger. A while back, I was interested in posts about Ketron XD3 and thats where I got to know about Flavie. Him and his wife were entertaining at the time, before they added other performers to the show. I enjoyed talking with Flavie thru email. He's a good guy. In his link, he is asking for the help of Canadians in lining up some work in Canada, where he has established citizenship.

If you have any info or recommendations, I know he will be grateful.

Flavie's "Canadians Please Help" posting

His website and email should be in his profile if you come up with anything.

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 08-19-2006).]

#7041 - 08/19/06 11:08 AM Re: Buying older gear.

I wonder why, Access is taking so long?

[This message has been edited by analogcontrolfreak (edited 08-19-2006).]

#7042 - 08/19/06 02:06 PM Re: Buying older gear.
3351 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by analogcontrolfreak:
I wonder why, Access is taking so long?

[This message has been edited by analogcontrolfreak (edited 08-19-2006).]

There are lots and lots of rumours. I've posted this question several times over at the Unofficial Access Virus TI Forum but didn't get any helpful replies really. One of the Access guys (Marc) basically suggested that I get in touch with canadian distributors and Access support. Duh... I've already done that and if that's all he could say I think there's something fishy there. Until I have some answers I can only guess but I think the demand is too high and Access just can't keep up. Just my guess.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online