SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#70067 - 03/26/10 01:32 AM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi John, sorry for addressing you as Bruno, we have corresponded in the past I and should have been more on the ball.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#70068 - 03/26/10 01:50 AM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Hi Ray, You can do no wrong, Bruno is my aggressive little 14lb dog who does not know how small he is. (smile)

Have a great day, John C.

#70069 - 03/26/10 02:07 AM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi John
Buddy lists himself as being a student residing in London UK - do you know different or have you been in e-mail contact with him...?
Rog the dodge

#70070 - 03/26/10 04:58 AM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used

Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Hi John
Buddy lists himself as being a student residing in London UK - do you know different or have you been in e-mail contact with him...?
Rog the dodge

Roger, To my knowledge he is from Australia . He did send me some Kn5000 a while back and we did say hello and thank you, nothing more.
John C.

#70071 - 03/27/10 08:15 AM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
I own a KN7000 & have also owned a Tyros3 for 17 months and I must agree with Elizabeth & Audrey - we all have our own personal needs & preferences but I also, still prefer the KN7 to the T3. I should stress that I play every type of music except modern dance and the KN7 excels in almost all of them.
I edit every style I use - easy peasy on the KN7 - the same level of editing on the T3 is impossible and even simple edits become damned hard work on The T3, when it comes to saving the edited style - the KN7 takes you back to the original folder whereas the T3 insists on saving to the user area which means a lot of navigating around the hard drive to put it back where it should be.
Almost all standard work procedures on the T3 are far more complicated than the KN7.

Although the T3 does have some voices better than the KN7's, many of the Yamaha voices are still inferior - for example, the T3's vocal section is completely rubbish and the sole English Horn is in the Legacy folder and sounds unbelievably poor - Yamaha's French Horn is thin & unconvincing, compared to the KN7's.

Bear in mind, the fact that the KN7 appeared well before the Tyros 2 and Yamaha still haven't caught up with it yet - this shows how far in front, Technics were at the time and, had they still been around, we would now be playing the KN9000 - What a dream!
Tony

#70072 - 03/27/10 01:55 PM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
When the Tyros 1 became available, I bought one to compliment my KN7000, but I did not like the operating system at all. However, I persevered with it for about three months in order to give it a fair trial, but in the end, I decided it was not for me and sold it back to my dealer.

Although I liked some of the sounds and styles, my big problem was the poor sound and style editing facilities. I like to create most of my own styles from scratch - particularly for most of the 50s, 60s and 70s songs. I like to get the backing styles as close as possible to the original 'hits' to provide the best degree of authenticity, which is what an audience expects to hear on these songs. Playing many of these songs using a built-in KN7000 style, just doesn't sound right! Most of the built-in KN7000 styles - although generally good - are just Generic, rather than specific and don't really do justice to many songs of the 50s - 70s. A few can of course be 'tweaked' slightly to make them more acceptable, for simpler arrangements.

The editing facilities for sounds and styles on all the Technics keyboards, as far back as the KN3000, are very user friendly and on the KN7000, they are second to none, as far as versatility and ease of use are concerned. I cannot say the same about any of the Tyros range - in fact it is a bit of a nightmare to modify a sound or style, or try to create a new sound or style on any of them! This is my main reason for not buying one.
However, having had a chance to play around with the Tyros 2 and Tyros 3, I was quite impressed with some of the sounds. In particular, the Super Articulation voices on the Tyros 3 are in my opinion, outstanding - but still not enough to persuade me to buy one.........
I have tried several different keyboards over the years, since the KN7000 was released, and I have yet to find one which gives me the satisfaction of my beloved KN7000s.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#70073 - 03/27/10 04:23 PM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Bill says it all Folks! I couldn't have put it better myself.

That is not to say I don't like my Tyros 3 - I do, particularly the Ballads, and Pianos but unlike Bill, I find some of the Super Articulation sounds irritating especially on some of the the guitars which to me sound like scratching or squeaking but the SA can be switched off, so I can live with that. It is the endless button pushing of the operating system I really hate. I guess I've been spoiled with 'User Friendliness' of the KN7000.

However, the World moves on and we have to move with it whether we like it not and that is the only reason I now have the T3.

Audrey

#70074 - 03/27/10 07:57 PM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used

Nice, I have you coming out to renew your love for the Kn7000. I did some good.

John C.

#70075 - 03/28/10 04:32 PM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
Buddy Offline

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:

It is good to note that my initial Post has un-earthed, once more, and sustained the discussion and frank opinions of forum members regarding the issue of the KN7000 Vs the Tyros 3. I am thankful to all of you members who have contributed to the discussion, and have also provided advice.

Some of you including Audrey, Bill Norrie, John C, have even given me tremendous support outside of the forum, for which I remain very grateful. Everyone of you is greatly valued. And remember that by reason of our mutual love for playing keyboard music, we have all become members of 'the same family'.You are all greatly valued!

And to you John C, thanks HEAPS for those kind words in your Post - the last paragraph. I am touched!.

Buddy

#70076 - 03/29/10 02:53 AM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
All great stuff Buddy but are you in Australia as John has suggested or in the UK in London as your info on here says...kind of important if you want to sell something...?
Rog

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online