Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#70077 - 03/29/10 03:53 AM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
All great stuff Buddy but are you in Australia as John has suggested or in the UK in London as your info on here says...kind of important if you want to sell something...?
Rog

Roger, Sorry but I was thinking of Ray (The saint) and not Buddy. The older I get the more I keep doing crazy things, oh well.

John C.

#70078 - 03/29/10 04:01 AM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hey guys,
That will be the day when I sell my KN7.
I think the responses that Buddy received may make him think long and hard about selling his ******
See Ya !!

Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#70079 - 06/25/10 11:03 PM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I disagree that the KN7000 is an easier, and faster operating system than a Yamaha (I have a PSR-3000) It's less of a chore for me to edit and save a style, sound or registration on the PSR, than on any KN keyboard I previously owned.

It's just a matter of loading a style,or sound, tap mixing console, adjust parts and save. Also IMO, the USB thumb drive available on Yamaha, is perhaps faster and more reliable than the SD Card. On the Yamaha keyboard tap style, USB, and load a style almost instantly. I could never get into editing and saving styles on Technics, just seemed like way too much trouble even to just tweek a bit.

The Technics was a great keyboard, but to me the operating system was not user friendly. Ever try and save a song as a midi? Not an easy task on the KN's but midi save is standard on Yamaha. It's not even called midi on Technics, they invented a new sound file, not to be confused with right hand sounds. I never understood the purpose of a default save as a "Technics File" that could only be played on certain Technics keyboards. You can play any song recorded on any arranger keyboard on a Yamaha, other than a Technics, because all other keyboards have a default save as .mid You can hear us, but we can't hear
you. Now the newer Yamaha's can even directly record as a wave (mp3) while the KN7000 utilizes SD Audio, with Jukebox...another difficult chore to decipher.
There are many other reason I would chose Yamaha over Technics, not the least, Technics is no longer. So why in the World would you even think about the KN, when Yamaha is going strong, has tons of software, styles, registrations, and has the standard file system available.

Just my opinion, I loved my Technics keyboards, but you can't argue with the advances in technology since the KN-7000 days. Yamaha keeps inventing and improving while unfortunaly, Technics has left us.

It's been awhile since I posted...hope everyone is doing fine, and I do think loyalty is a fine virtue. Technics was a big part of my Pop's life, and was there entertaining him till the end. For that, Technics will always have a place in my heart and gets a 4 star rating.

Take care my friends
Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#70080 - 06/26/10 01:02 AM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
All great stuff Buddy but are you in Australia as John has suggested or in the UK in London as your info on here says...kind of important if you want to sell something...?
Rog

Buddy's profile tells you he is in London UK.

#70081 - 06/26/10 03:29 AM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used

I have read all the opinions about both the Tyros3 and the Kn7000, I feel that my opinion may have additional value because for the last 4 years I have owned and worked with Psr 3000, Tyris 1, Tyros2, Tryos3, and I sold three Kn7000 because of the fantastic technology available in the new Yamaha keyboards. I now own a Kn7000. WHY?

When you are used to an operating system and have worked with it for many years a new operating system is a challenge. So it is tuff trying to learn the operating system on a Yamaha for most Kn7000 players/lovers. Yamaha is so far ahead of the Kn7000 in many ways. I have my new Kn7000 for a week now and I must say the technology is old as compared to. The sequencer on the Kn7000 is still the king. And so are most of the Style editing features. Just one view – On the Kn7000 you have 20 + 3 non-preset styles available by touching 2 buttons. On my Tyros3 I have hundreds of styles available by pressing 2 or 3 buttons. It is the same for songs and registrations. It is all coming from a memory stick. (USB) The Ty3 can even make a sophisticated recording of CD quality. Enough.

My answer to “Why” – It sounds better (Real) and it is very friendly. I played for three hours yesterday and one thought came to my mind; The player is blessed when he plays the Kn7000, it is mostly about me having the ease of navigation and loving the sound of the individual instruments. let no one tell you about the great sounds on another keyboard, the important part is how do they sound in the total picture, how do they blend. On my Kn7000 they blend exactly as I heard them in person or on a recording. (CD) I guess the word is reality. My trumpet, Violin and piano sounds make me want to play, They go beyond sounding something like. The finishing touch is when I played the Kn7000 through my Bose compact, it added to the reality of the instrument. Heaven. I have been blessed in my purchase of the Kn7000, it has almost had zero use.

No more comparing apples with oranges, Technology is technology and user friendly and sound reality to is what I need to play and enjoy. Wow, did I say all that.

Looking forward to the 2011 jam in Florida, John C.

#70082 - 06/26/10 05:57 AM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi John
I am glad you plan on attending the Jam this year.
Bernie

#70083 - 06/26/10 08:06 AM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi John - you say:
''On the Kn7000 you have 20 + 3 non-preset styles available by touching 2 buttons. On my Tyros3 I have hundreds of styles available by pressing 2 or 3 buttons. It is the same for songs and registrations. It is all coming from a memory stick. (USB)''
If you had my KN7000 memory stick better known as an SD Card you would equally have hundreds of registrations/style files call them what you will immediately available to you...so no difference there...
Rog

#70084 - 06/26/10 01:34 PM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used

Quote:
Hi John - you say:
''On the Kn7000 you have 20 + 3 non-preset styles available by touching 2 buttons. On my Tyros3 I have hundreds of styles available by pressing 2 or 3 buttons. It is the same for songs and registrations. It is all coming from a memory stick. (USB)''
If you had my KN7000 memory stick better known as an SD Card you would equally have hundreds of registrations/style files call them what you will immediately available to you...so no difference there...
Rog

Roger, I love you but it is not the same trust me. I do know how to work with the Favorite songs, and with the registration and with a SD card to call up what I need, but when you sit with both keyboards in front of you and go through the different steps the is a big difference. The latest for Yamaha is that with one registration you can call up a style, the lyrics, the intro,the tempo, the key transposition, instruments that are not in the OTS of the keyboard and all of this information is stored an the USB memory stick.

There is so much more, all nice to have but none of it made play more or better. It's new technology and if there are 100 people on the dance floor and you wish to go from A to Z quickly they would come in handy. I have not even mentions the Music Finder which is another plus. For me, I find the Kn7000 registrations 10 X 8 plus 3 X 8 (104) works fine and with a second loading I have 104 more places to put what I want.

Roger, If I am off on this thinking please tell me.
John C.

#70085 - 06/26/10 03:27 PM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi John
I'd need to come over from blighty to do an in depth which isn't going to happen unless I win the lottery which I don't enter!!!
Suffice to say that since buying my KN7000 and working with three lady singers - see www.thethreetones.com - I haven't looked back and my machine does everything I could ask of it and more but most KN7000 owners I meet don't begin to understand half what it does.
Missing you all greatly over there...maybe The Three Tones should come over on tour bearing in mind that we now offer three tributes between us to Karen Carpenter; Gladys Knight; and Bette Midler...wow...
Rog

#70086 - 06/26/10 03:57 PM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
John, you are not using the SD card as it was intended. Roger is right. The SD card is not only capable of what you are doing with the Yamaha, it is faster! If you open your mind and try to use the SD card as most of us do, you will wonder why you bothered with all those panel memory setups.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online