SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#67247 - 06/22/08 10:36 PM There must be a way
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
I have my 6500 back after 3 trips to Japan. It now has all new "inside bits"and is as good as new. I have been using my PSRS-900 all the while, but now with new enthusiasm - back to the K.N. I purchased the set of BUSKER HEAVEN BOOK 1 DISKS.They are turning into BUSKER HELL.I am trying save the panel memories for the songs that I want onto the one disk (new) for an upcoming concert, but no luck.I want to take 2 songs from each disk to give me the ten I need. I would appreciate any help.I should be able to work it out, but maybe I have been "Yammying" too long.Cheers. Jean.

#67248 - 06/23/08 04:22 AM Re: There must be a way
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Have you checked the settings on Page 2 of the Disc Save screen ?

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67249 - 06/23/08 05:41 PM Re: There must be a way
Jean Olivia Offline

Bill.Thank you. Yes - I have saved each of my selected songs and its corresponding 8 panel memories to a new disk, so I now have my 10 songs on the one disk. Each time I load one of my songs,the bank view shows the 10 memory files from the original folder. Is it possible to get my 10 songs into the one Bank View and select from this source instead of loading and waiting for each individual file to load -so that I have a disk like the original, but with my selected songs instead of eg. Disk 5.?? Maybe not. Cheers Jean.

#67250 - 06/23/08 09:23 PM Re: There must be a way
Jean Olivia Offline

I forgot to mention that the original 10 songs were in a folder, and they load into the bank view 1 to 10. They don't use the composer, although the sound memory is often included. All my other Technote disks load registrations seperately, so that I can put them wherever I like -but all the BUSKER disks have the songs in folders of 10. They are very good and once the 10 are loaded you can switch from one to the other without a pause of reloading. Problem is that they are not the ten that I want. If this cant be done, I can just keep reloading each file, but for a non-stop concert item there is too long a wait. I need to play around with this board for a while as I have forgotten a lot of its tricks. There is no panic for this concert as I have got the program ready on another board. Why do we celebrate the 4th of July in Australia at any rate??? Cheers Jean.

#67251 - 06/24/08 10:40 AM Re: There must be a way
technicsplayer Offline

If I understand correctly the songs are in various single files of 10 bank panel memory and you want to pick and mix from different files and combine into one 10 bank file?

If this is the case look on page 3 of the load page, select mode = panel memory, in the "from" box you can select a single bank from the thirteen A to 10, and in the "to" destination likewise a single bank. This can thus combine the panel memory banks of various disks.

Since you say composers are not present, the problem is sound memory. All the sounds will have to be in a single file and used from the same position from the source disks to require no action and this file loaded with the new ALL panel memory. If not page 3 of the load (mode = sound) can be used to combine single sounds from various disks and files into one 40 sound file, and then you just re-save the relevant panel memories to point to the correct sound of the original file.

#67252 - 06/24/08 04:42 PM Re: There must be a way
Jean Olivia Offline

Thank you Technicsplayer for your answer. That is exactly what I want to do.Jean.

#67253 - 06/25/08 06:23 PM Re: There must be a way
technicsplayer Offline

you're welcome

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online