SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#66971 - 05/05/08 02:07 AM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
casarosa Offline

Loc: Costa Calida Spain
Why would anyone want to do air keyboarding or am I missing something here

#66972 - 05/05/08 03:52 AM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
technicsplayer Offline

well you did say without sound coming from the keyboard when what you really meant was sequenced sound coming from the keyboard just not from the part assigned to the keys. Different question altogether

Quote:
Originally posted by kn7:
Thanks for your replies but apparently, I didn’t make myself clear.

#66973 - 05/05/08 03:53 AM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
technicsplayer Offline

to make the audience think you are really playing of course

Quote:
Originally posted by casarosa:
Why would anyone want to do air keyboarding or am I missing something here

#66974 - 05/05/08 04:02 AM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I think KN7 is mainly a singer; but we know people, don't we Midge, who are not singers but who use this method to perform in front of an audience...
Rog

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 05-05-2008).]

#66975 - 05/05/08 04:28 AM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
Keyboardcapers Offline

Loc: England
And they seem to get away with it and get paid for it.

Midge

#66976 - 05/05/08 05:04 AM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
casarosa Offline

Just wanted to share this Story

My Friend plays/played “Live “in the local bar most weekends. One Saturday evening this guy walks into the bar, during the interval my friend get talking to him seems he has the same keyboard at home and boasted that he had been playing for over 50 years. So my friend invites him to come along the following Saturday with his keyboard and play some of his favourite music “thinks” 50 years wow!!! Must be an expert
So we both went along on Saturday night hoping to get loads more inspiration it was so disappointing I have never heard such a load of rubbish in my entire life the venue stated “Live” music, it was live alright for almost 2 hours he used quality sequenced songs that he had obviously purchased. He did not sit at the keyboard correctly and his left hand was positioned on his knee throughout the entire performances while his right hand gingerly danced cautiously over the top of the keys
Naturally the words “live Music” brought a lot more trade into the bar that night at the end of the evening the barman thought this guy´s musical talent was fantastic so my friend as now finished performing at this bar for he could not compete with this persons talent.
I guess If you are going to cheat/mime you have to make it look very professional you can fool some of the people some of the time but you can´t fool all of the people all of the time.

#66977 - 05/05/08 07:15 AM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
kn7 Offline

Thanks, Audrey. You came up with the right answer. No one else did. Technicsplayer, I used the word “Panic” in my post and that should have triggered a thought to what I was referring to. You, of all people on the forum should have picked up on this. Speaking of using a plug in the earphone jack, I made one and used this method clear back in the 1980’s. NO, it was not used to keep the keyboard silent while music was playing. I didn’t want the sound coming from the keyboard to come through the mic I was singing in. Rog, I probably play better than you and most of you on the forum and also, I am considered a very good singer. I say these things in defense of the snide remarks made. When you don’t know the full situation of something things are better left unsaid.

#66978 - 05/05/08 08:03 AM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
casarosa Offline

I think someone needs to put their money where there mouth is and let us all hear your playing and singing so we can all be the judges
Regards
Simon Cowell

#66979 - 05/05/08 08:16 AM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi all - just got back from my live weekly keyboard Radio broadcast on www.swindon1055.com...
I wasn't being snide about you Kn7 - I don't blame you sequencing some of your more complex material so that you can concentrate on your singing...
Trouble is that there are 'pro' keyboard players in the market (pro = earn money from playing) who do air-play to prerecorded material...
Rog
p.s. be careful re feedback through your mike through being so close to the keyboard - but I guess you've probably travelled that journey, eh...

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 05-05-2008).]

#66980 - 05/05/08 08:20 AM Re: PLAYING SEQUENCED SONG WITH NO SOUND FROM KEYBOARD
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
... NO, it was not used to keep the keyboard silent while music was playing. I didn’t want the sound coming from the keyboard to come through the mic I was singing in.

Really? If so, a jackplug in the headset out would sure do the trick.

Quote:
..I want to play the keyboard without sound coming from the keys as the sequenced song is playing...

Why use "dead keys" and akt like playing when you're not??
That part I sure don't understand...

Cheers and happy (act like) playing
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online