SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#67016 - 05/12/08 09:04 PM Sequencer track(s)
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Using the Sequencer in Realtime mode, I have recorded a song that takes approxiamately 68 measures, including the introduction, ending and embellishments within the song itself. Measures 24-35 are the final 12 chorus measures that complete the song, followed by a musical interlude up to measure 52. I then wanted to repeat those final 12 measures again in measures 52-63 in EXACTLY the same way as the former section mentioned above, but, being a purely ear player, I often find it difficult to repeat sections in an identical way. It occurred to me that perhaps I could "Copy and Paste" the first section into the second one to replace what I had played in the second section. I assumed that I should first erase the information in measures 52-63 and then, using the Sequencer, copy the 24-35 section to the latter one. So, I did that and it copied as I hoped it would. However, following measure 63, the entire copied section, superimposed over the entire song discordantly played on and on, well beyond measure 120, where I finally stopped the playback, not actually knowing how far it would go before stopping. Does anyone know why this weird discrepancy occurred and/or how to solve it and merely have the two sections play identically and then have the song end as it did originally? What am I doing wrong?

I hope this dilemma is understandable. Any help will be most appreciated and I thank you in advance for your help.

Ted Rose

#67017 - 05/13/08 05:15 AM Re: Sequencer track(s)
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ted,

From your description, a possible cause of your problem is due to the 'REPEAT' value in the 'TO' box of the Measure Copy screen. (Program Menus > Sequencer > Copy & Paste > Measure Copy). If this is set to anything other than '0' then the selected measures in the 'FROM' box, will be copied more than Once.

Incidentally, there is no need to erase the 'Target' measures - they will be automatically overwritten by the Copy process.

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 05-13-2008).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67018 - 05/13/08 08:34 PM Re: Sequencer track(s)
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Many thanks, Bill. That indeed was the problem and it is now solved by following your advice. I knew some genius such as you would come up with a simple solution. I am constantly amazed at your musical and technical knowledge and thank you profusely for your willingness always to share it with us. You are the greatest!!!!!

Ted (the Yankee Jaybird)

#67019 - 05/14/08 03:07 AM Re: Sequencer track(s)
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
You're welcome Ted

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online