SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#66406 - 01/26/08 07:08 AM 7K SD Audio PC Reader-Writer
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
In a session with my computer guru yesterday I learned that the device that came with my package that holds the SD card (Package is a Panasonic SD Jukebox V2.4) is a "generic device" and that it does not "see" the card data because it is "dead"..... This was confirmed with a generic device she has plugged into my PC that Does "see" the data on my 7K card!

As a result of this enlightenment it appears that because I have NEVER been successful at actually transfering music either from or to an SD card, most likely the device/package I bought from Walt Tenay, arrived "Dead On Arrival"

From the all day attempts to get this challenge solved.... and a great deal of effort since I have had the reader-writer, questions that come forth are these: Do the reader-writer generic devices that read SD cards also read documents in addition to photographs & audio data? Also, is the reader-writer that came with my package NOT generic and if so, Walt, do you have another or is there another source for the device?

I ask because using my guru's SD reader-writer device.... It "sees" my 7K SD cards as empty in all but one case. The same cards inserted in the 7K SD slot shows that there are programs stored therein on ALL of the cards.

All of my SD cards are "Sandisk" cards... none larger than 1GB which has not been in either reader-writer.....

As you can see, and as many of you already know, my computer saavy is minimal..... PLEASE respond in very simple language any help you offer.

I will be such a happy camper with a solution to my long lasting challenge with an answer to my question....

ELIZABETH

#66407 - 01/26/08 09:50 AM Re: 7K SD Audio PC Reader-Writer
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Elizabeth, read post no.2 from Santa1. There is a wealth of information here and it is just possible you will find your answer there.

Good luck!

Audrey

#66408 - 01/26/08 11:59 AM Re: 7K SD Audio PC Reader-Writer
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Elizabeth
When you insert the Panasonic SD Jukebox device into a USB port round the back of your computer it is going to be either drive 'E' or drive 'F' that you have put it in.
(Incidentally this device is called a Panasonic SD USB Reader/Writer)
Unless you refer the accompanying SD Jukebox software programme (or program in your country) to that port during installation of that programme - it won't find your Panasonic SD USB Reader/Writer and will give you the impression that it is dead (this parrot is dead - John Cleese).

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 01-26-2008).]

#66409 - 01/26/08 01:28 PM Re: 7K SD Audio PC Reader-Writer
etwo4788 Offline

AUDREY..... Thanks for the reference to Santa 1 posts.... I will check it out.....

ROGER...... Actually, my computer recognizes the SD device as drive "I" rather than either you suggest.

Will you say what you mean in another way beginning where it begins.. "Unless you refer the accompaning SD Jukebox software programme ... TO THAT PORT DURING INSTALLATION OF THAT PROGRAM- IT WON'T FIND ... and will give the impression that it is dead." I do not understand what you mean in the capitalized portion....

There is absolutely no question at all that the device I received with my package is totally dead/caput. It has been amply tested in several computers.

My guru's device can see the Technics set up just fine & recognises that there is some music in the file as well.... on only one of my several SD cards.

I will keep trying with my guru's help & both of you as I really would like to be able to use the program successfully eventually!

Thanks for your help! ELIZABETH

#66410 - 01/26/08 02:19 PM Re: 7K SD Audio PC Reader-Writer
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Elizabeth, there is a brand new SZ-CB7 kit available on eBay here : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SZ-CB7-SD-Audio-PC...1QQcmdZViewItem

It is from a UK seller but he states he will mail overseas. No bids so far and the price is £19.99 - approx $40 US

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#66411 - 01/26/08 02:33 PM Re: 7K SD Audio PC Reader-Writer
etwo4788 Offline

BILL.... Thanks for the information....

#66412 - 01/27/08 02:01 AM Re: 7K SD Audio PC Reader-Writer
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
When loading SD Jukebox software from the CD onto your computer for the first time, at some stage during that process the installation program would have asked you which drive you were going to send checkout audio material to. At that point you should have and maybe did reply drive 'I'. If you missed out on this part of the process it is less than likely that the software will work out that it has got to look in drive 'I' for your device...hence this parrot is dead!
Rog

#66413 - 01/27/08 10:36 AM Re: 7K SD Audio PC Reader-Writer
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi,

Dont know what you mean by generic since the Panasonic SD Jukebox contains all original material reader etc.

Your reader should have a panasonic name and say SD USB Reader/writer that came with the SD Jukebox. I have sold 100's of these and never had any problems with the reader. Some have installed the program with the using the wrong drive.

However if you fell the reader is faulty you can alsways send the reader back and I will check it on my computer since I have two SD Jukebox installed on two different computers (XP Home) and use both very extensively.

Walt

Walt Tenay Keyboard Studios
182 West 6th St.
Rutherfordton, NC 28139
1-800-706-1088

Quote:
Originally posted by etwo4788:
In a session with my computer guru yesterday I learned that the device that came with my package that holds the SD card (Package is a Panasonic SD Jukebox V2.4) is a "generic device" and that it does not "see" the card data because it is "dead"..... This was confirmed with a generic device she has plugged into my PC that Does "see" the data on my 7K card!

As a result of this enlightenment it appears that because I have NEVER been successful at actually transfering music either from or to an SD card, most likely the device/package I bought from Walt Tenay, arrived "Dead On Arrival"

From the all day attempts to get this challenge solved.... and a great deal of effort since I have had the reader-writer, questions that come forth are these: Do the reader-writer generic devices that read SD cards also read documents in addition to photographs & audio data? Also, is the reader-writer that came with my package NOT generic and if so, Walt, do you have another or is there another source for the device?

I ask because using my guru's SD reader-writer device.... It "sees" my 7K SD cards as empty in all but one case. The same cards inserted in the 7K SD slot shows that there are programs stored therein on ALL of the cards.

All of my SD cards are "Sandisk" cards... none larger than 1GB which has not been in either reader-writer.....

As you can see, and as many of you already know, my computer saavy is minimal..... PLEASE respond in very simple language any help you offer.

I will be such a happy camper with a solution to my long lasting challenge with an answer to my question....

ELIZABETH

#66414 - 01/28/08 04:28 PM Re: 7K SD Audio PC Reader-Writer
etwo4788 Offline

ROGER..... I thought you were refering to the device that holds the SD card.... I do not remember what the drive for the program is or was.

I am sure if we were sitting with the same computer and 7K..... this whole problem would be solved quite quickly! Or, if my guru were a musician that would help!

#66415 - 01/28/08 04:51 PM Re: 7K SD Audio PC Reader-Writer
etwo4788 Offline

WALT.....

Can you, or anyone else, tell me for sure that there are separate SD reader-writer devices that specifically read & write music, or photos, or written/typed language? Or, can anyone tell me for sure that ALL SD reader-writers can read and/or write whatever is on the SD card? I am not finding an answer to this question on any SD website where I have looked.

The package I have I did get from you and the SD device is the Panasonic SD USB reader-writer that came with the package.

There is new information about the one that I have.... I plugged it back into the USB port on my computer & the little light came on & it read the card!!! I then unplugged it & inserted my guru's USB device into the same port..... It did NOT respond!!!!

I removed it & inserted mine again and NO LIGHT. It was a total puzzlement!!!

This morning I was playing a CD of Giovani's music & a WMA file of Colin's music, one after the other..... The sound & the two external speakers both kept fluctuating from on to off & back again. Another puzzlement.

At this point I have begun to think perhaps I need to check out all the wiring! I have all my wires to & from my computer and the electrical strip taped together with electrical tape.... my cat likes to chew on wires.... Quite possibly Clyde has bitten on a sound system wire and that just may be the root of the problem!!!!

I am going to find out.... will let you all know...

All of you who spend a great deal of time and effort attempting to help me with my many computer/7K problems are soooo very very appreciated!!!! THANK YOU.... I love you all!!!

ELIZABETH

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online