SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#65607 - 09/03/07 06:57 AM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Wunnerful Wunnerful! What a treat to see & hear musicians & music from the 2007 jam!

Thank you all who had a part in presenting this to all of us here on the Zone....

This final version I got sound along with the pictures....the first one only pictures.... Good job!

I guess the Roland G-70 is not an arranger KB? It sounds great....

ELIZABETH

#65608 - 09/03/07 02:24 PM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by etwo4788:
I guess the Roland G-70 is not an arranger KB? It sounds great....

ELIZABETH

Yes the Roland G70 certainly is an arranger keyboard. Only in his final video clip does Harry switch to solo piano.

#65609 - 09/05/07 10:47 AM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Fran,

What a wonderful surprise I got when I opened the mail and found the Jam DVD. Here I was at home recovering from carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand and I suddenly had something to watch. It really brought back the memory of that day and all the great players I got to listen too. As for me, oh if I could only have made it through just one song without a mistake. And you say you are afraid to play.

Thanks to Ed for spending so much of his time looking through a viewer and Thank You for taking so much time to edit it altogether (although I know you have nothing else to do all day anyway LOL.)

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

#65610 - 09/19/07 08:36 PM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
Nigel Offline
Admin

I have added some more clips featuring Roger Mepstead, Bill Norrie, Glen Smith and Jim Helwig at http://www.synthzone.com/TechnicsJam2007.htm

I am just picking a selection of clips so we get to see everyone that was on the DVD.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 09-20-2007).]

#65611 - 10/16/07 08:56 AM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks, Fran, for referring me to this site. I was pleasantly surprised to see how well the Jam event DVD was received.

As you know, it was my first Keyboard Convention, and I had a great time, parked in my RV right by the door. All the friendly faces at the Jam made me feel welcome. I was very glad I came to the Jam. I learned a lot. And I met very interesting and talented people, with many of whom I have subsequently developed a good friendship.

Maybe next year I will have the courage to get up there and play something. We will have to see…

Fran, collecting 7 hours of raw footage is one thing. Another thing is to produce the DVD. You have demonstrated the patience of a saint, the technology savy of a true nerd, and the seasoned experience of a clever movie editor, and the persistence and hard work of a beaver in creating the Jam DVD we now all enjoy. Thank you once again on behalf of all the KN7000 aficionados!

When I got home from the Jam and reviewed the 7 hours of digital tapes I had shot, I was quite satisfied with the result. For an amateur-level camera, this Sony Digicam delivered reasonable-quality sound, together with a fairly acceptable image. Those shots of some performers with the bright daylight window in the background were particularly challenging. As things went along, I was able to open the camera aperture setting and force the keyboard player in the foreground to appear with reasonable quality. Also, walking around to get a better shot of the performances, instead of relying on the tripod turned out to provide a much better insight on the techniques used by each player, and the total performance experience. As I was shooting the video of the performances, as a total newcomer to the group, I was wondering what people were thinking: “who does this guys think he is…he is walking all over the place, obstructing the view, and distracting everybody, including the performer”….well, I got no reaction of the sort, and I think it was worth it.

FYI, my wife Daisy and I have a website where you can find out more about us, our sailboat and RV adventures, and my work with the boy scouts as a charter captain of the sailboat SIESTA, in the Florida Keys. I carry a KN2600 aboard for singalong fun at anchor in the evenings, during the six-day trips to Key West and back. I don’t dare think of carrying my KN7000 aboard, exposed to the salt air.

All the best to the KN7000 community from Captain Ed in Marathon, Florida Keys!

------------------
Captain Ed
Marathon, in the FL Keys
www.marill.com

#65612 - 10/17/07 01:33 AM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks for reporting in Captain. We not only appreciate your laborious task of marathon shooting, but also your presence,

Looking forward to seeing you again in March.
Bernie

#65613 - 10/20/07 07:09 PM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
If you download all of Nigel's clips to a folder on your PC, the total of all 13 files would be 176 MB.

So, if interested, I have combined all of his clips into one Windows Media Video 'mini movie' at a reduced overall size.

The first is for high speed download, as it is 50 MB: http://download.yousendit.com/80E4CD556B4C6458

The other is a much smaller download at 7 MB: http://download.yousendit.com/006E49F93B5DEEA2

Note: The smaller download is not very good quality wise, but it may allow those that still have dial up, the ability to download the SynthZone Jam 'movie'

------------------
Larry
SynthZone Frapper

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#65614 - 10/20/07 11:41 PM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
Nigel Offline
Admin

That's excellent Larry. Thanks so much for doing that. I will keep continuing to put more clips from the DVD up but it is so cool that you have packaged them into files that are more convenient for people with lower bandwidth to download.

#65615 - 10/21/07 05:23 AM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
This Larry is not only great on the keyboard, he is also a computer wiz.

Thanks Larry,

Fran in SC

#65616 - 10/28/07 02:52 AM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
Nigel Offline
Admin

Larry I see that that host has now expired both those files. Can you email me the 7MB file and I'll put that on Synth Zone so people have a permanent link to it.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online