SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#65587 - 08/26/07 05:34 PM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
Mary in Tucson Offline

Loc: tucson, Arizona, USA
Fran,

Watched the DVD this afternoon and enjoyed it very much. Brought back such good memories. Great job!!

Thanks,
Mary

#65588 - 08/27/07 04:59 AM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I think that would be great,Nigel.
Thank you.
Bernie

#65589 - 08/27/07 05:10 PM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I have put a few short clips up from the DVD for anyone that hasn't seen it. Each week I will replace them with the next from the DVD.
http://www.synthzone.com/TechnicsJam2007.htm

Because the clips are quite big I can't put much more than that up at a time. But save them to your computer if you want to keep a copy. They take some time to download even with a good Internet connection. The only software I can find to cut up the video into clips I can upload doesn't give me much control over where the movie gets cut up. I'll look for software that does let me control where it gets cut but for now I'll just put them up the best I can.

Anyway the first 2 are the opening credits with Bernie opening the show followed by Bernie finishing off the same opening number.

Video and sound quality is pretty good.

After watching the DVD I feel like I was there myself. Awesome job everyone !!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 08-27-2007).]

#65590 - 08/28/07 08:19 AM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
Retired Offline

Loc: England
Hi Nigel,
Thank you for putting the clips, of the 2007 Jam, on the Forum.
Thank you, Fran for all your time consuming work, and thank
you Bernie, and Harry for the great music.
Looking forward to the next batch of clips.
Fred Wren.

#65591 - 08/28/07 08:31 AM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
I have put a few short clips up from the DVD for anyone that hasn't seen it. Each week I will replace them with the next from the DVD.
http://www.synthzone.com/TechnicsJam2007.htm

Because the clips are quite big I can't put much more than that up at a time. But save them to your computer if you want to keep a copy. They take some time to download even with a good Internet connection. The only software I can find to cut up the video into clips I can upload doesn't give me much control over where the movie gets cut up. I'll look for software that does let me control where it gets cut but for now I'll just put them up the best I can.

Anyway the first 2 are the opening credits with Bernie opening the show followed by Bernie finishing off the same opening number.

Video and sound quality is pretty good.

After watching the DVD I feel like I was there myself. Awesome job everyone !!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 08-27-2007).]

Nigel Although the sound came through ok, there was no video
Derek

#65592 - 08/28/07 11:42 AM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
MY THANKS TO Fran D, and Nigel as well as all the people that participated in the Technics Jamm this year.
I have forwarded the URL our to my email lists so that many more people will be able to enjoy the fine work you all did.
Many of my list members have never enjoyed a keyboard concert so it will be very educational for them to see that one person can make a song like they will hear
Maybe we will do one more Jam Session here at my place before we go back on the road again in about another year at which time we can go to the one in Florida
Thanks to all,
Bebop and email friends.

#65593 - 08/28/07 02:24 PM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there - I get the sound and vision in short sharp bursts. I am viewing with the latest Windows Media Player. Is this correct or should I be viewing it with a different package? Joan

#65594 - 08/28/07 02:45 PM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I get the one or two second bursts as it is downloading the file to the Windows media player latest version in Media Center PC. Once the file is downloaded then it goes back to the beginning and plays it through with out the short bursts. So I just put it on pause until I can see it is downloaded and then play it without any of the short burst problems. These are big 15 MG files and do take awhile to dl.
Again Fran and Nigel thanks for sharing. I am getting some real positive feedback from my email list members,
Bebop

#65595 - 08/28/07 03:04 PM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Joan try saving them to your computer first then play them from there. I guess I have always been saving them and then opening when they have downloaded. That should avoid the problem Bill was talking about plus you will have your own copies of the videos.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 08-28-2007).]

#65596 - 08/28/07 04:14 PM Re: 2007 JAM DVD
Retired Offline

Loc: England
Hi Joan,
I was also getting the sound in short sharp bursts.
If you click on ‘Play’ in ‘Windows Media Player’
then click on ‘Repeat’ in the drop down menu.

On the first playing it will be short sharp bursts on the ‘Repeat’
it should run ‘Smoothly. It did for me.
I am using Windows XP.

Hope it helps
Fred Wren

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online