SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#65460 - 02/14/04 05:59 PM Did you ever wonder why.....
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.

Did you ever wonder why Technics never made a KN4000?

I know it's not a burning question, it's just one of those questions that make me go mmmm

Does anyone else have any "Did you ever Wonder Why" questions?

Here's another...

Did you ever wonder why Panasonic used the name "Technics" on it's keyboards? Wouldn't Panasonic be more appropiate?

YOUR TURN.....

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#65461 - 02/14/04 08:52 PM Re: Did you ever wonder why.....
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Or why their numbering sequence was so confusing? When the KN3000 was out the mid-size was the KN1500, but the KN5000 had no KN2500. Then the KN6000 came out and the mid-size keyboard was the KN1400 but the KN6500 had no KN3250. With the KN7000, we should expect a KN3500 and get a choice between the KN2400 and the KN2600. I scratched a bald spot on my head with this logic! Now the mystery will never be solved and we all might as well sign up with Bebop for accordion lessons.

#65462 - 02/15/04 03:09 AM Re: Did you ever wonder why.....
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
With regard to the 'KN4000' this topic was raised some time ago Larry The number '4' is considered to be unlucky in Japanese culture, so they avoid it whenever possible.
Maybe '7' also is unlucky

Technics rather than Panasonic - probably just a marketing thing, although I believe some keyboards did bear the Panasonic label.

As far as the numbering system is concerned - confusing ? OK! - but a rose by any other name..........

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#65463 - 02/15/04 08:06 AM Re: Did you ever wonder why.....
technicsplayer Offline

yes, I was told the 4 was a cultural thing in Japan.

The numbering system is fairly logical if you look at the relative capabilities of the mid-range models compared to their top range compatriots, and to the relative capabilities as you move up the generations.

Technics was always the "high end" brand of Panasonic reserved for the quality stuff competing with Sony for example. Thus Panasonic tended to be on the vacuum cleaners and batteries and Technics on the direct drive turntables etc. And why the entry level keyboards ended up Panasonic, yet there was a Panasonic piano too.

Both the numbering and brand name were marketing decisions... but where is ever any logic in marketing?

#65464 - 02/25/04 03:17 PM Re: Did you ever wonder why.....
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
Hi,
you ask "Did you ever wonder why Technics never made a KN4000?"
I wonder why Technics never makes a KN 8000.
Back to the topic, does someone know a Yamaha PSR 5000?

Regards
RF

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online