SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43205 - 02/24/04 03:47 PM Help Needed please
mastro Offline

Loc: UK
KN7000
As a beginner I am trying to step record both Chords and say for example the melody on Track 9
I am doing OK no problems until I came to Step record the following sequence. Am I missing something?
i want to step record an eighth note(half beat) and a dotted half note(3 beats).
I can of course find the half beat on the the Left hand note length button but how do I add a dotted half note on the Right hand button to achieve the correct note lenght in total.
Any help would be most appreciated.
M.Astley
UK

#43206 - 02/25/04 12:41 AM Re: Help Needed please
Mark And Michelle Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, Essex, U K
Hi,

As most of the forum members know both Mark and I 'Step' record all of our pieces. What you seemed to have encountered is a common problem. Just so you're sure, it's not you, it's the software.

As you can see on your display the mixture of note lengths is based on the following (3 being a triple note):

1 / 8 (3)
1 / 8
1 / 4 (3)
1 / 4
1 / 2 (3)
1 / 2
1 (3)
4 x 2
4 x 3
4 x 4

If you want to play a note, as suggested, of 3+1/8, the answer is you can't do it. The only way to get around it is to study the score and adjust the note timings, making sure that the notes 'fill' the relevant measure. I'm sorry but I can't see any other ways around this.

By the way, you didn't mention which piece you're recording. Send me a copy when you're done.

All hail the Step Recorders!

Lucy

#43207 - 02/25/04 02:27 AM Re: Help Needed please
technicsplayer Offline

easy, to step input a dotted half note tied to eighth note, just input the dotted half note and then increase the length by an eighth note with the switch in the display.

If you are inputting on normal phrasing, then a dotted half input as tenuto is virtually the correct result without having to alter the length.

#43208 - 02/26/04 10:29 AM Re: Help Needed please
mastro Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark And Michelle:
Hi,

As most of the forum members know both Mark and I 'Step' record all of our pieces. What you seemed to have encountered is a common problem. Just so you're sure, it's not you, it's the software.

As you can see on your display the mixture of note lengths is based on the following (3 being a triple note):

1 / 8 (3)
1 / 8
1 / 4 (3)
1 / 4
1 / 2 (3)
1 / 2
1 (3)
4 x 2
4 x 3
4 x 4

If you want to play a note, as suggested, of 3+1/8, the answer is you can't do it. The only way to get around it is to study the score and adjust the note timings, making sure that the notes 'fill' the relevant measure. I'm sorry but I can't see any other ways around this.

By the way, you didn't mention which piece you're recording. Send me a copy when you're done.

All hail the Step Recorders!

Lucy

Many thanks for you prompt attention.
I'm glad at 75 years old I am still with it.
I came across the problem in the first two bars of "The Sunshine of Your Smile"
I'm not sure that I am good enough to equal your standard I am totally self taight.
Thanks again.
M.Astley
UK

------------------

#43209 - 02/26/04 10:30 AM Re: Help Needed please
mastro Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
easy, to step input a dotted half note tied to eighth note, just input the dotted half note and then increase the length by an eighth note with the switch in the display.

If you are inputting on normal phrasing, then a dotted half input as tenuto is virtually the correct result without having to alter the length.

Thank you for your swift reply,much appreciated. I'll try your suggestion
Thanks again
M.Astley
UK

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online