SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#65373 - 03/15/06 02:32 PM Re: KN7000 and Muse Receptor
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bernie,
just wondering if there's any sounds included as part of the package when you purchase receptor, or are they all demo's and then you buy the one's you want?

I noticed you mentioned programs. Does it actually load sequencers or arranger software, or by programs, are you referring to "sound" programs like samplers etc

I actually managed to download a manual for it, very interesting reading.
best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernie9:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#65374 - 03/15/06 03:20 PM Re: KN7000 and Muse Receptor
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Rikki
Go here: http://www.plugorama.com/customer/home.php

Click on different categories in the upper left. Some are tested, some not. The rep said they are feverishly testing out new programs on a daily basis. Some are not compatible because the two companies have to agree on terms ($).

I am very enthused about the possibilities of saving up to 2 million MULTI'S OF 16 patches and each one can have up to 3 effects applied. My Collossus will arrive Friday. Based on what Frank says, we should start to see some quality sounds soon.

The sounds and programs with Receptor are okay if you like effects, synths, and basses. The better ones are there for a 30 day trial. I activated the 30 day trial on B4(NI's B3 program), very impressive. They have Kontact too, which I haven't tryed.

They give you enough to whet your appetite so you will buy from Plug-O-Rama, they're software arm. However, you don't have to. It is not proprietary. They will even let you download a helper file for free to enable you to load Collossus,e.g. There is also a font repository called "SFZ" for free.

I haven't even scratched the surface yet, but I am working on it.

Bernie

#65375 - 03/16/06 01:11 AM Re: KN7000 and Muse Receptor
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hey John C - I've found out what a receptor is...
What The Heck is a Receptor?
Introduction
In the context of science usage the term "receptor" is used to describe any molecule which interacts with and subsequently holds onto some other molecule. The receptor is the "hand" and the object held by the "hand" is commonly named, the ligand. The green and blue "hands" shown in the images above are each binding a red-colored ligand The interaction between receptor and ligand implies specificity in that a receptor known to bind with substance X would not normally be thought to also be able to bind with a different substance Y unless actually observed to do so. If you think of a two-slotted electrical wall outlet as a receptacle (receptor) for a two-pronged plug (ligand), it is pretty easy to see that a three-pronged plug (ligand) will not fit into this particular receptacle. And, depending on the type of two-slotted receptacle, even some two-pronged plugs may not fit.
Rog

#65376 - 03/16/06 06:20 PM Re: KN7000 and Muse Receptor
bassclef Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Hi Rog,

Thanks for the illumination.

Suddenly it all makes sense --NOT!!!!
Maybe if you could explain it in English...?

Regards,
George

#65377 - 03/16/06 06:38 PM Re: KN7000 and Muse Receptor
bassclef Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Hi John C

Re your question "What is VST?"

It stands for Virtual Studio Technology.

I hope this helps you; -- it doesn't do much for me!

#65378 - 03/16/06 11:19 PM Re: KN7000 and Muse Receptor
sturgeon Offline

VST technology was developed by Steinberg in the late 1990s and first saw light of day in their Cubase VST.

To run a VST instrument you need a VST host. Most of these have to run on a computer but Receptor is a free standing host.

VST technology encompasses the whole gamut of studio stuff, there are VST instruments and VST effects by the hundred - reverb processors, delays, phasers, compressors, enhancers, surround simulators - the lot. The quality varies from so-so, to absolutely astounding!

There are also many free and low cost VST hosts, Tobybears Minihost and energyXT being being excellent examples. There are hundreds of free, shareware and full price VST instruments, effects and hosts here,
http://www.kvraudio.com/index.php?s=main#news2692

(click on hidden quick links) as well as masses of news and information about VST.

Cheers,

s.

[This message has been edited by sturgeon (edited 03-16-2006).]

#65379 - 03/17/06 12:16 AM Re: KN7000 and Muse Receptor
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bernie,
thanks for the link,
I'll have a read & see if I can make a bit more sense of it.
Basically, when you ordered collosus, could the same program be used in receptor and/or in a computer. In short just say I started off with a computer & bought garriton orchestra , collosus etc , then down the track decided to buy receptor and use it as my soundsource instead of my computer, would I be able to use those same programs in receptor??

Frank's been telling us how wonderful the sounds are, but my laptop didn't have enough memory to run them, so I've never really checked them out too thoroughly.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernie9:
[B]Hi Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#65380 - 03/17/06 12:37 AM Re: KN7000 and Muse Receptor
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hey all - I've just found out what Bernie does with his hands using this Receptor.. http://www.wimp.com/jugglingact/
Rog

#65381 - 03/17/06 12:50 AM Re: KN7000 and Muse Receptor
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Rikki
Yes, you can use your existing software, but there might be a "crossover" fee charged for another install. It varies with the company and program. The range I have seen is 0 to $69. Some give you two installs from the start. Some, no restriction.

GPO and Collossus have no charge. You can use their helper file free. I don't know how many authorizations they give, however.

#65382 - 03/17/06 05:02 AM Re: KN7000 and Muse Receptor
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Hey John C - I've found out what a receptor is...
What The Heck is a Receptor?
Introduction
In the context of science usage the term "receptor" is used to describe any molecule which interacts with and subsequently holds onto some other molecule. The receptor is the "hand" and the object held by the "hand" is commonly named, the ligand. The green and blue "hands" shown in the images above are each binding a red-colored ligand The interaction between receptor and ligand implies specificity in that a receptor known to bind with substance X would not normally be thought to also be able to bind with a different substance Y unless actually observed to do so. If you think of a two-slotted electrical wall outlet as a receptacle (receptor) for a two-pronged plug (ligand), it is pretty easy to see that a three-pronged plug (ligand) will not fit into this particular receptacle. And, depending on the type of two-slotted receptacle, even some two-pronged plugs may not fit.
Rog

Wow Rog, I think I've got it. Hmmmmm.
On second thought I think I just lost it.
John C.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online