SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#65265 - 05/21/05 01:01 AM new to KN7000 - help
McCrae Offline

Loc: Scotland
Hi everyone, I need help from every angle. I have used a psr 3000 and I know it quite well. Already I find I can't put a 'fill in' without the variation changing (except when I put music style arranger off) is this the only way? Many thanks in anticipation. If you don't mind, there will be more questions later. kind regards, Jess

#65266 - 05/21/05 02:36 AM Re: new to KN7000 - help
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Jess and welcome to the Forum
As far as I am aware, that is the only way to disable the the Variation change, when you press Fill-In. After all, you either want to use the Music Style Arranger or you Don't
Have a look at Page 64 of your manual, where the function is fully explained. Another useful function within the MSA, is the option to change not only the style variation when the Fill-Ins are selected, but the Panel Memory can also be incremented / decremented at the end of the Fill-In. This option can be enabled by holding down the MSA button until the display changes and then selecting 'Panel Memory' - Very useful - a complete set-up change by just pressing one button

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#65267 - 05/21/05 06:53 AM Re: new to KN7000 - help
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by McCrae:
Hi everyone, I need help from every angle. I have used a psr 3000 and I know it quite well. Already I find I can't put a 'fill in' without the variation changing (except when I put music style arranger off) is this the only way? Many thanks in anticipation. If you don't mind, there will be more questions later. kind regards, Jess

Hi Jess

Welcome to the KN7000 world. If you have not already visited my site at: www.lgosmeyer.com
you can download many of my Big Band Arrangements for the KN7000 to get you started on a backlog of good music.

Let me know if you like it.

Thanks, and again a big welcome.

Larry Gosmeyer

#65268 - 05/21/05 09:31 AM Re: new to KN7000 - help
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Jess,

This is how I do it:-

Firstly I make my choice i.e: say a Waltz with the Music Style Arranger ON. I then save Variation 1 to Panel Memory 1, Variation 2 to PM2, Vari 3 to PM3 and Vari4 to PM4. I then switch OFF the Music Style Arranger. You can then play your piece using the Panel Memory buttons only and you will be able to use ANY variation 'fill-in' button with any ANY of the PMs without them changing.

I think this is what you want to know and I daresay there is an easier way of doing this but I have got used to doing it like this now and so it has become 'second nature' as they say.

There is just one thing I would remind you of, your must have the keyboard in the 'EXPAND' mode for this and in case you don't know how to access this, press and hold down the blue centre button of the p
Panel Memories until the screen changes, and make sure the 'EXPAND' is highlighted with a red box, if it isn't press the grey key to the left of the screen. This will allow the keyboard to remember all your actions when setting it up, particularly if you use your own settings.

To be honest, my memory isn't what it used to be and so I work in the EXPAND MODE all the time to avoid embarrassing mistakes when playing to an audience.

Hope this helps.

Aud (U.K.)

#65269 - 05/21/05 03:11 PM Re: new to KN7000 - help
McCrae Offline

Hi to all, especially those who took the time to get me started. I will have a look at everything that has been said. Thank you all so much for a very warm welcome, Jess

#65270 - 05/23/05 04:34 AM Re: new to KN7000 - help
Bazza Offline

Loc: Mannum SA AUSTRALIA
Quote:
Hi everyone, I need help from every angle. I have used a psr 3000 and I know it quite well. regards, Jess

Yamaha PSR3000???
I have a used psr 3000???

Are you asking about a Technics or a Yamaha Keyboard?????
Bazza

#65271 - 05/23/05 06:21 AM Re: new to KN7000 - help
McCrae Offline

Hi Bazza, sorry if I mislead you. I just bought a KN7000, and this is what I find a bit daunting. I have a psr 3000, and have gradually learnt a good bit about this kb. I appreciate your reply, kind regards, Jess

#65272 - 05/23/05 09:52 AM Re: new to KN7000 - help
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
HiAlready I find I can't put a 'fill in' without the variation changing (except when I put music style arranger off) is this the only way?

to prevent the variation changing when using fills in Music Style Arranger mode hit the other fill immediately after starting your fill. The variation will remain the same.

#65273 - 05/23/05 11:25 AM Re: new to KN7000 - help
McCrae Offline

Hi Technicsplayer, Thanks, that is helpful, Jess

#65274 - 05/23/05 03:04 PM Re: new to KN7000 - help
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Thanks for your tip Technicsplayer. What a great idea, I hadn't thought of that.

Aud (U.K.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online