SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#65000 - 01/19/02 02:25 PM Glocca Morra
CarlC Offline

Loc: Lake Stevens, WA, USA
Our song assignment for our "musicmakers" class this week is "How are Things in Glocca Morra." A discussion ensued about the rhythm .. the instructor prefered a "latin" beat ... to which a couple of our Irish classmates had a hissy. I've been searching for a couple of midi files of this song without success. Maybe it is still protected?

Any ideas on the rhythm, or a location for a midi file or two? Relevence to Technics? I have a KN5000 and a GN6 .... Thanks.

Carl

#65001 - 01/19/02 03:47 PM Re: Glocca Morra
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
It's an old Standard, slow ballad, but does go well latin style. 30s 40s I think and forgotten who sang it . Have the music somewhere. Walter.

#65002 - 01/19/02 05:46 PM Re: Glocca Morra
CarlC Offline

Loc: Lake Stevens, WA, USA
It was copyrighted 1946, words by E.Y. Harburg, music by Burton Lane, and it is from Finian's Rainbow. Seems as though I can hear the Latin rhythm .. Herb Alpert style?? But then Dennis Day seems to "ring" in my ears with lots of Irish styling. I was hoping to find a midi file on line that I could take to class next week for an example of rhythms for this song.
Carl

#65003 - 01/20/02 03:42 AM Re: Glocca Morra
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Midi file on it's way to you. From memory this is not a bad reproduction of the original song. Hope it's useful for you
Quote:
Originally posted by CarlC:
It was copyrighted 1946, words by E.Y. Harburg, music by Burton Lane, and it is from Finian's Rainbow. Seems as though I can hear the Latin rhythm .. Herb Alpert style?? But then Dennis Day seems to "ring" in my ears with lots of Irish styling. I was hoping to find a midi file on line that I could take to class next week for an example of rhythms for this song.
Carl

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online