SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#64856 - 02/10/04 07:58 AM BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI ALL FORUM FRIENDS,
I have now put in over two years of my life into the Technics Forum, building it, moderating it, and backing it up with a very large and busy email system. I will be age 72 in a couple more weeks and it is now time for me to begin to look inward and decide what I would like to do for my few remaining years. The forum and email lists take up all my time. I have not had free time for other interests for a long time.
Thanks to all of you for your support and to Nigel for giving us this fine place to congregate.
I will always look forward to reading your posts, listening to your music, and responding to your emails.
Best to all,
Bill Forrest
BEBOP
FORMER Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
ICQ # 562519
Email: bforrest@ix.netcom.com WEBSITE: http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#64857 - 02/10/04 08:51 AM Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
BeBop ... There is no way to thank you adequately for all you have done, especially for us "techies" ... But let me publicly give my personal thanks first for 'saving' us when our prior forum 'went under', and for all you've done for us here at S-Z ... Hopefully there will be another moderator who will have at least half the interest and energy you have given ...
I fully expect that you will keep your presence with us, and I wish you well in whatever endeavors you decide to spend your time in....
THANK YOU,
t.

#64858 - 02/10/04 10:24 AM Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
BeBop ... There is no way to thank you adequately for all you have done, especially for us "techies" ... But let me publicly give my personal thanks first for 'saving' us when our prior forum 'went under', and for all you've done for us here at S-Z ... Hopefully there will be another moderator who will have at least half the interest and energy you have given ...
I fully expect that you will keep your presence with us, and I wish you well in whatever endeavors you decide to spend your time in....
THANK YOU,
t.

Bebop,
I can not add any words to what Tony has said. I too wish you the very best of what life has to offer. You leave a large place to fill.

Thank You

Heather

#64859 - 02/10/04 10:41 AM Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Bill the Bebop,
I understand and respect your decision. Thank you for the energy you have put in your work as a moderator and your personal initiative for the emailforwardings. You did more as one could expect. Luckily it's not a farewell, but you will stay as a 'common' member on SZ.
Cheers to a more quiet time to aim on other pleasures of life ...
Warm greetings,
Cees

#64860 - 02/10/04 11:14 AM Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Well Bill, change equals progress equals evolution and it seems the older one gets the less we want to see change, but sometimes one needs to pull themselves up out of the rut we call life and head for greener pastures. If you want to do nothing more than watch the sunrise at dawn and the sunset in the evening, while playing all day, then "God bless you". You've given more time to this forum than most and now it's time to rest a bit while you decide which instrument you're going to play next. Life can be grand, so enjoy!! Just remember to post from time to time so we all know where you are.

#64861 - 02/10/04 11:49 AM Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Bill,

Your tenure as our moderator has been marked by pure hard work, a desire to succeed, and a caring attitude second to none. I participated in the old forum and moved over to Synth Zone with you and Nigel at the beginning. This Synth Zone experience has been so rewarding and enjoyable for all of us because of your enthusiasm, ideas and dedication. You will be missed. May you have many happy days relaxing in the San Jose sun and many happy evenings in your studio playing the music you love so much. Take care my friend. Stay in touch.

Warmest Regards,

Chuck

#64862 - 02/10/04 12:52 PM Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
A million thanks to BEBOP for an outstanding job done in moderating the most successful and enjoyable forum on the internet anywhere.

BEBOP's time and effort and the responses and cooperation of all the participants have made the forum "the best".

When will the replacement be announced?

We pledge our support, understanding, and effort to helping the new moderator to keep the forum flying higher than ever.

Of course, we are immensely indebted to Nigel for making all this possible.

Larry Gosmeyer

#64863 - 02/10/04 01:53 PM Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
The big question are if a moderator is nessesary at all.
I.e. look at the Genaral Arranger Forum, runs great without
any other captain than Nigel as administrator.
Let's keep on as equal members, and I'm sure things will
work out for the best both for the forum and the members.
Also I'm pretty sure that Bebop will be here and keep on
collecting members and post at this forum in the future too.
Once a Techie, always a Techie

Keep on playing, posting and be happy.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#64864 - 02/10/04 03:22 PM Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bill,

Have sent you a personal reply. I am sure Nigel and the forum members won't let you down for the fine job you started as moderater.

Fran in Florida

#64865 - 02/10/04 03:51 PM Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Bebop,

You have been a great moderator and emailman. You provided a great service to many people around the World. Thanks !

One of your many friends,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online