BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM

Posted by: BEBOP

BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/10/04 07:58 AM

HI ALL FORUM FRIENDS,
I have now put in over two years of my life into the Technics Forum, building it, moderating it, and backing it up with a very large and busy email system. I will be age 72 in a couple more weeks and it is now time for me to begin to look inward and decide what I would like to do for my few remaining years. The forum and email lists take up all my time. I have not had free time for other interests for a long time.
Thanks to all of you for your support and to Nigel for giving us this fine place to congregate.
I will always look forward to reading your posts, listening to your music, and responding to your emails.
Best to all,
Bill Forrest
BEBOP
FORMER Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
ICQ # 562519
Email: bforrest@ix.netcom.com WEBSITE: http://www.anycities.com/bebop/
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/10/04 08:51 AM

BeBop ... There is no way to thank you adequately for all you have done, especially for us "techies" ... But let me publicly give my personal thanks first for 'saving' us when our prior forum 'went under', and for all you've done for us here at S-Z ... Hopefully there will be another moderator who will have at least half the interest and energy you have given ...
I fully expect that you will keep your presence with us, and I wish you well in whatever endeavors you decide to spend your time in....
THANK YOU,
t.
Posted by: shcox

Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/10/04 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
BeBop ... There is no way to thank you adequately for all you have done, especially for us "techies" ... But let me publicly give my personal thanks first for 'saving' us when our prior forum 'went under', and for all you've done for us here at S-Z ... Hopefully there will be another moderator who will have at least half the interest and energy you have given ...
I fully expect that you will keep your presence with us, and I wish you well in whatever endeavors you decide to spend your time in....
THANK YOU,
t.

Bebop,
I can not add any words to what Tony has said. I too wish you the very best of what life has to offer. You leave a large place to fill.

Thank You

Heather
Posted by: cees

Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/10/04 10:41 AM

Hi Bill the Bebop,
I understand and respect your decision. Thank you for the energy you have put in your work as a moderator and your personal initiative for the emailforwardings. You did more as one could expect. Luckily it's not a farewell, but you will stay as a 'common' member on SZ.
Cheers to a more quiet time to aim on other pleasures of life ...
Warm greetings,
Cees
Posted by: Bud Whipple

Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/10/04 11:14 AM

Well Bill, change equals progress equals evolution and it seems the older one gets the less we want to see change, but sometimes one needs to pull themselves up out of the rut we call life and head for greener pastures. If you want to do nothing more than watch the sunrise at dawn and the sunset in the evening, while playing all day, then "God bless you". You've given more time to this forum than most and now it's time to rest a bit while you decide which instrument you're going to play next. Life can be grand, so enjoy!! Just remember to post from time to time so we all know where you are.
Posted by: Chuck Piper

Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/10/04 11:49 AM

Hi Bill,

Your tenure as our moderator has been marked by pure hard work, a desire to succeed, and a caring attitude second to none. I participated in the old forum and moved over to Synth Zone with you and Nigel at the beginning. This Synth Zone experience has been so rewarding and enjoyable for all of us because of your enthusiasm, ideas and dedication. You will be missed. May you have many happy days relaxing in the San Jose sun and many happy evenings in your studio playing the music you love so much. Take care my friend. Stay in touch.

Warmest Regards,

Chuck
Posted by: larry gosmeyer

Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/10/04 12:52 PM

A million thanks to BEBOP for an outstanding job done in moderating the most successful and enjoyable forum on the internet anywhere.

BEBOP's time and effort and the responses and cooperation of all the participants have made the forum "the best".

When will the replacement be announced?

We pledge our support, understanding, and effort to helping the new moderator to keep the forum flying higher than ever.

Of course, we are immensely indebted to Nigel for making all this possible.

Larry Gosmeyer
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/10/04 01:53 PM

The big question are if a moderator is nessesary at all.
I.e. look at the Genaral Arranger Forum, runs great without
any other captain than Nigel as administrator.
Let's keep on as equal members, and I'm sure things will
work out for the best both for the forum and the members.
Also I'm pretty sure that Bebop will be here and keep on
collecting members and post at this forum in the future too.
Once a Techie, always a Techie

Keep on playing, posting and be happy.
GJ
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/10/04 03:22 PM

Bill,

Have sent you a personal reply. I am sure Nigel and the forum members won't let you down for the fine job you started as moderater.

Fran in Florida
Posted by: lahawk

Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/10/04 03:51 PM

Bebop,

You have been a great moderator and emailman. You provided a great service to many people around the World. Thanks !

One of your many friends,
Larry Hawk
Posted by: Nigel

Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/10/04 04:38 PM

Thankyou so much for all the fantastic work you have put into the Technics forum over the past years. It wouldn't be the community it is today without you.

But I really do understand your need to focus your attention on other aspects of your life. We all look forward to your future advice and participation on the forum and wish you the very best with your music and your personal life which you will now have more time for.

Cheers,
Nigel
Posted by: Arthur R. Jacobs

Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/10/04 05:26 PM

There is just no other way to say it There will never be another "Bebop." Hopefully we will have other great moderators, But Bebop, is Bepop, is Bepop.
We can all thank him, but we just can't really thank him adequately. Suffice it to say, "Good Luck, and God Bless You Mr Music Man."
ARJ
Posted by: Ted Rose

Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/11/04 05:09 AM

What words of thanks could I possibly add to those so adequately expressed above, about the extraordinary work BEBOP has consistently provided us these past years, as Moderator of our great Forum?! But I just can't let this thread end without offering my heartfelt thank you to him (and all of you) for enriching my otherwise barren musical life with your contributions. As a retiree, I can tell BEBOP that it will be an adjustment that is sometimes difficult to make, but a life change that is remarkably satisfying, (at least in my case it has been, after a lifelong career that had brought me to heights undreamed of as a young man). Yet, higher planes have been found in this new aspect of life, and I hope BEBOP and JANN will reach similar heights of retirement fulfillment and joy. One final request, BEBOP: although you will no longer be our Moderator, please don't leave us as a Forum member and contributor. Your comments and contributions are so valuable that you must continue to be our friend here in this great place for us all.

Happy days to you from a faithful friend forever,

Ted Rose
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/11/04 10:09 AM

Thank you to all the people that have posted here.
Thank you to the 141 people that sent me personal emails yesterday rather then posting in the forum. I am replying to them all as fast as I can.
Thank you to Nigel for providing this great forum for all of us. Nigel, it is great you are coming to our SynthZone party in San Jose.
You all are much appreciated.
I shall be watching the forum in moderation but not moderating
Best to all
You all (all y'all) are much appreciated and loved by this writer.
Thank you everyone for some good years.
I hope you will all come to our party in San Jose for arranger keyboard players at my club tentative for May 22/23 weekend. We only have 15 firm so far so have lots of room. We can accomodate 100 people. This should be some jam session. Reminds me of when I was teaching accordion about 1950. I had an all accordion band of about 40 kids. Only the parents could appreciate our concerts
Best to all

------------------
BEBOP
Senior Member TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/
Posted by: ogre

Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/11/04 10:15 AM

All the words have been said so I'll just say thank you Bill for all you have done for us over the years.

Peter
Posted by: mally

Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/11/04 12:40 PM

Hi Bill I think it as all been said but like every one else I would like to say A big thank you for all your work and help, I could have never learnt so much without your help and advice. Wish you all the happiness for the future Enjoy the rest and I will still be reading your E Mails with interest

Thanks again
mally
Posted by: Eli

Re: BEBOP IS NO LONGER MODERATOR OF THE TECHNICS FORUM - 02/20/04 03:09 PM

All the words have been said so I'll just say thank you Bill for all you have done for us over the years.
Regards And All the Best
Keep in touch
ELI