SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#63877 - 12/03/03 06:10 PM KN7000 and windows xp home edition problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

We love our KN7000 except that we can not get our instrument and our PC to see each other for up and downloading via the USB cable.

We have Windows XP Service Pack 1 Home Edition installed and have tried it on another machine using XP Professional to no avail. We can hear music from our CD Player through the USB to the keyboard speakers but we can not see any files on song manager and nor will song recorder work. It all works under Windows 98. Has any one experienced this problem? We have checked Audio Codecs & Panasonic Musical Instrument to ensure the correct - non-digitally signed versions - are being used.

#63878 - 12/04/03 01:10 AM Re: KN7000 and windows xp home edition problem
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Hi,
I use XP Professional, but found that I had to unplug all other USB connections (I use a USB extension box), get the software to recognise the connection and it automatically installs the appropriate drivers. I could then re-plug all other USB connections, either direct to the computer or to the extension box, and all worked OK.
Regards
Keith

#63879 - 12/04/03 10:02 AM Re: KN7000 and windows xp home edition problem
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Kevin,

I had the same problem with my PR54 using XP on a laptop. Alec sent me a PDF help file for Trouble Shooting the problem.

Unfortunatly I've not had a chance to try it to see it it helped but I've forwarded the email to you.

You can let me know it you have any luck.

Best Wishes,
Heather

[This message has been edited by shcox (edited 12-04-2003).]

#63880 - 12/04/03 01:06 PM Re: KN7000 and windows xp home edition problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would like to thank Keith and Heather very much - and also Chris whitehead at Panasonic UK and Peter Mitchell at Panasonic Australia.

It is definitely a driver issue that XP is not allowing installation. I am not sure that we could do KeithB's solution - which definitely sounds the most straight forward - but we are doing it via manually over-riding xp device manager/driver updates.

There have been a number of steps in this - we now have Song Recorder working but not yet fully the Song Manager. When we do I will post the path - those that are published may not be complete at least that is the way it is looking for me.

Best
Kevin053

#63881 - 12/04/03 06:11 PM Re: KN7000 and windows xp home edition problem
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Kevin,

I look forward to the info on how to overcome this. I have the same problem on my PC with XP Home edition, but I've just put the problem on the back burner due to other commitments. I also frequently can't get my PC to recognise a personal organiser linked into the USB port, and I guess its the same problem.

Regards,
Mike

#63882 - 12/05/03 10:21 AM Re: KN7000 and windows xp home edition problem
Razorcar Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
Hi Kevin,

Try this.

Right click on My Computer on your desktop. Select Properties and open Hardware. Then select Device Manager. Open Sound, video and game controllers. You should see a USB device selection if there are two pick the bottom one. Open this and select driver, then select update driver. Check box that says, install from a list or specific location (Advanced). Click Next and check Don't search I will choose the driver to intall. You should see Panasonic USB as a selection. Make sure you have installed the drivers from your CD without having the keyboard attached to the computer!!! Hightlight the Panasonic selection and select Next. This should install the Panasonic drivers instead of the Windows XP basic drivers.

Hope this works for you. I had the same problem and had to call ED at Technics. I cannot find the phone number right now, but I'm sure one of the members can pass it on to you.

Good Luck,

Razorcar

[This message has been edited by Razorcar (edited 12-05-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Razorcar (edited 12-05-2003).]

Razorcar
Play in both worlds
PSR3000 & KN7000

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online