SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#62506 - 10/05/05 02:42 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am just happy that Bebop is happily anticipating his new toy. That,s why we make music, to make ourselves and others happy.
Over the years I have bought 20 keyboards,at least. The reason is I thought I would sound better. In my case, I hindered my progress by having to learn a new KB all over again in some cases.

I have not even come close to mastering the KN7000. I don't think any board will do something for me that this one won't, but that's me not Bebop.

Congratulations my friend. Time is too short to worry about trivia.

#62507 - 10/05/05 11:48 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by kn7:
Peter,

We are on different wave lengths. You are in the UK and I am in America. This HAS to be where you are coming from concerning DISH. It's digital signal here, my friend AND CHEAPER.

Hi KN7,

In the UK Digital TV is the most popular as well, the old Analogue signal is being slowly fased out. When you sign up for digital be it cable or Dish you get cheap phone calls.

My point is why would my neighbour want to watch an old, poor quality, analogue picture and pay more for her phone calls when there's a better picture with digital available and it would cost her less.

The above situation is very similar to someone who won't even consider a new instrument simply because they won't move on, they prefer like my neighbour to live in the past with old technology.

Kind regards

Peter

#62508 - 10/06/05 12:36 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thanks to those of you that posted positive posts, and to those that are stuck in their little ruts, I feel sad for you.
I have been a business man all my life manufacturing machinery in the Million dollar plus range. Had I not of been progressive, I would still be manufacturing the first machine I ever brought out in 1959 and/or living in the poor house and unable to afford any kind of a keyboard.
Keep on Keeping on as the World continues to spin.
It doesnt mean squat what other people thing about your motivations. Let them squirm in their own little ruts,
Best to all the rest of you,
BEBOP
PS to NIGEL: Free to edit if you feel it is necessary,
Bill

#62509 - 10/06/05 01:27 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
Peter Lowden Offline

I have to agree with you Bill,

Some people through life grab every opportunity, they always seem to make something of nothing with their incredible enthusiasm, others are content with very little, and never strive to their full potential. We're all different and I imagine it very hard for someone with such ambition like you to understand somebody who is so content and laid back with very little enthusiasm.

You enjoy your Tyros 2 Bill you cannot fail to have the last laugh, remember, those forum members who want to play only their Technics keyboards are every day, one day closer to not being able to get their keyboards serviced and repaired, they will in time be forced into reality, the sought after Technics keyboards of today will very quickly become the dinosaur of tommorrow.

Good luck Bill with your new toy

Kind regards

Peter

#62510 - 10/06/05 08:34 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI PETER,
Maybe I'll sell these Technics keyboards as parts. I'll start a technics keyboard wrecking yard and sell slightly used parts to all the die hards
Bebop

#62511 - 10/06/05 10:19 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
The decision to move on or not is completely a personal one and really means nothing in itself. It's all about music after all. If advancing to a new keyboard expands your musical potential then there is no question that that is right thing to do. On the other hand if you feel that the keyboard you currently use allows you to express yourself musically then it is fine to keep exploring musically using that setup.

It really is all about the music and not the technology. Don't get me wrong if improved technology expands your horizons then certainly embrace that. On the other hand it is ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC.

See my thread on the Roland MT32 http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum35/HTML/000461.html from well over 15 years ago where I point out that the music is the priority and not the technology by itself .... though technology can certainly help to musically express yourself much clearer. There is no clear answer here. It is completely up to the indiviual musician. But it is always the resulting music that matters whatever you decide to play.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 10-06-2005).]

#62512 - 10/06/05 11:48 PM Re: SHAME ON ME
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
HI PETER,
Maybe I'll sell these Technics keyboards as parts. I'll start a technics keyboard wrecking yard and sell slightly used parts to all the die hards
Bebop

You've hit the nail squarely on the head Bill. This is exactly what will happen, people will have to deliver their keyboards to some remote Technics scrap yard, and with parts so scarce the prices will be extortionate, the keyboard that we all love will quite quickly become a pain in the back side.

Many dog owners buy a puppy before their old dog dies!

Kind regards

Peter

#62513 - 10/07/05 05:17 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peter Lowden:

Many dog owners buy a puppy before their old dog dies!

Kind regards

Peter

Gee Peter, I hope my wife doesn't do that to me.
John C.

#62514 - 10/07/05 05:55 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
pratzert Offline

Loc: Kingsville, Maryland. USA
Bill,

I'm a little ashamed to see some personal attacks on you for your choice. I always thought the little bickering back and forth between the Technics and Yamaha owners was merely friendly "rib-jabbing" and done tongue-in-cheek. Apparently, some have taken it beyond that point.

I respect your choice and appreciate the fact that you've have offered your opinion. That's exactly what this forum is about. No need to be so passionate about what keyboard someone plays that it turns into a pissing match.

I also look forward to your "review" of your new keyboard which will help guide many of us to the "light".

Please don't get too upset... I remember hearing someone say "Forgive them Lord, for they know NOT what they do ! "

Thanks again for all of your intellegent input and hard work on ALL of the forums.

Tim Pratzer

#62515 - 10/07/05 10:49 AM Re: SHAME ON ME
Anonymous
Unregistered

posted by BEBOP: "SHAME ON ME"

Well, where do I start with this post, first I will say it’s everyone to their own
taste, to be fair Bebop has not rubbished Technics! He has always praised the
KN series! If he wants to purchase a Tyros 2 then, why not. If when he plays
about with it, and does not like it he will surely buy something else!
I have myself had over the years, lots of Technics, in 1985 I bought the SX-k250.
the 350-500-700. I then bought the KN1000, next the KN2000. I sold that one and
bought the KN5000, I sold that one, and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought
the KN6000, I sold that one and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought and
bought the KN7000, I kept that and bought the KN2000, I sold that and bought another KN7000, I now have two KN7000’s. Guess what I bought today???
A KN2000, I will sell one of the KN7000’s, but I have firmly decided I will
Never, never again part with the KN2000. which takes me to the point of,
“everyone to their own choice” Mine is definitely the KN2000, and will always
Remain so. No use saying to me it’s old hat, to you maybe, but it’s my decision
And my choice. It sounds great to me. Lets face it we all have soft spots for old KN’s
and I wager I am not the only one who likes the KN2000, the first major keyboard
made by any manufacturer.
Kind regards to all.
Joe.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online