SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#62031 - 11/26/03 02:27 PM Re: NEW FREE STYLES FOR TECHNICS OWNERS
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Jonny,
all very true. Quite frankly the gloss went off my 9000 pro the day Bob ( psr styles group) told us he'd have to remove the current model styles from the site. These styles were uploded by members, not by Yamaha. ( I tend to think they were just turning a blind eye) Some of the members were whinging about this, that and the other, and Bob tried desperately to warn us. They wouldn't listen. We drew too much attention to ourselves. Result the more current styles had to be removed.

If it wasn't for 3rd party developers of great little utility programs for psr's ( majority of them share all their work for free) I wonder if the psr's would really be as popular, ( except with owners who require a good voice processor.)
The style creation features aren't a patch with what you get on a kn7, the sequencer isn't as good either.

The majority of styles floating around are only conversions and in a lot of instances haven't been tweaked so really don't sound all that great.

Heck we could go the same way, use our style convert disks or EMC conversion software & churn them out by the 100's. Most instances, they'd sound like rubbish, unless someone took the time to tweak them and make them sound good.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
[B] If I don't remember it wrong, the Tyros styles have been modifyed unofficially
by the users, and not by Yamaha?
Also I think I've heard that they do not sound anything like the Tyros played
on the PSR's.
In fact I seem to remeber that the Yamaha lawyers insisted that users should
take the styles off of the web pages not so long ago, and is'nt it true that
there was a big fuss among the Yamaha users because of this?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#62032 - 11/26/03 03:35 PM Re: NEW FREE STYLES FOR TECHNICS OWNERS
technicsplayer Offline

precisely, Rikki....

#62033 - 11/26/03 03:41 PM Re: NEW FREE STYLES FOR TECHNICS OWNERS
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Gunnar, Tony, and Anthony,

Gunnar, you hit the nail on the head precisely with your comments. I've had my KN6000 for nearly three years and it still does what I need and want it to do just as your present keyboard does for you. However, as I have said in other threads, I am ready to upgrade, so am waiting for the sx-KN8000 to appear.

I feel that Panasonic/Technics is listening to us, their loyal customers. We have voiced our wishes for a multitude of improvements we would like to see in the next generation KN. I'm sure the Technics folks monitor this forum and the Yahoo KN forum for opinions regarding the KN7000, its sounds, features, and shortcomings as expressed by those who purchased it. In addition, many folks, including me, have written to the UK and US Technics representatives expressing opinions directly to the people representing Panasonic in what is likely the two largest Technics markets. All of that feedback has to influence to some degree the design of the next generation KN.

I look forward with a lot of anticipation to the introduction of that next flagship keyboard. I want to see if Technics improved the vocal harmonizer, added new Techni-Chord options, and incorporated many of the other features we have talked about here. If so, I will buy it. If not, I'll likely buy a KN7000 selling at a reduced price and be happy to have it.

Happy Playing!

Chuck

#62034 - 11/26/03 08:42 PM Re: NEW FREE STYLES FOR TECHNICS OWNERS
Razorcar Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
Hi Everyone,

I just downloaded the KN2600 files for my KN7000. I tried to use the Song Manager, but could not get it to work. As usual I'm confused! How can you add to your SD Card from Song Manager. I got a 256mb card with lots of room, but I never can add anything to it from my computer.

I had to do it the old way by downloading the various .ast files and copying them to a floppy and put the floppy into the KN7000 and then copying to the SD Card. Is this the only way or am I missing something.

I've got the book and video and try to follow it, but I still have problems with adding files to the SD Card.

Sincerely,

Razorcar

Razorcar
Play in both worlds
PSR3000 & KN7000

#62035 - 11/27/03 02:59 AM Re: NEW FREE STYLES FOR TECHNICS OWNERS
technicsplayer Offline

First backup your existing 256 card using the instructions in 4.16. Then use 4.18, put this backup in the top field and the new 2600 backup you downloaded in the lower field to create a new card. Then restore the new backup to the 256 card using 4.17. You will have combined two separate SD cards.

If doing this for the first time adopt a "belt and braces" approach. As well as backing up your existing card, just copy the entire Private (and Sd_sound if you have midi files) folder from the card to a folder on your PC. Then if anything goes wrong you have two separate backups of your original card to fall back on to safeguard your data (check in any audio first to check out afterwards).

#62036 - 11/27/03 08:03 PM Re: NEW FREE STYLES FOR TECHNICS OWNERS
Razorcar Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
Hi Technicsplayer,

That worked. Guess I can't read!

Thank You,

Razorcar

Razorcar
Play in both worlds
PSR3000 & KN7000

#62037 - 11/28/03 02:01 PM Re: NEW FREE STYLES FOR TECHNICS OWNERS
technicsplayer Offline