SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47606 - 11/26/03 08:05 PM Incorrect voice for the KN7000
Razorcar Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
Hi everyone,

The following has come to my attention on the downloads from www.technicskn7000.com.

Model Code: 089__KN3 FOLK RHUMBA / SOCIETY RHUMBA / HARMONY ESPANOL / LATIN DANCE BAND This is a KN3000 style.

The SOCIETY RHUMBA style is incorrect. The rhythm is correct, but the voicing is the same as FOLK RHUMBA and does not change.

I've tried the to use the individual style file .CST and also the .AST file, but they both are incorrect. I have purchase the great book and video for the KN7000. All the styles are on the disk, but they are also incorrect.

I know this is only one style of all the free ones made available, but it was a style I used frequently on my KN3000 and would like to use on my KN7000. Can anyone help me to get the correct SOCIETY RHUMBA style? Could you modify it and then save it to have the correct voicing?

Sincerely,

Razorcar

[This message has been edited by Razorcar (edited 11-26-2003).]

Razorcar
Play in both worlds
PSR3000 & KN7000

#47607 - 11/26/03 11:57 PM Re: Incorrect voice for the KN7000
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hello Razorcar:

The style parts were probably changed to take advantage of the KN7000 new sounds. The main concept is keeping the rhythm (composer). There maybe other reasons, and Technicsplayer can answer that.

Since, the styles are not the same, the only thing I can suggest is find someone who either has a KN3000 and copy it for you, or someone may already have done so and have that person send it.

Hmmmm, has anyone thought of making available on a website a library of past model default settings? That is, take a KN3000 composer and panel memory using MSP and save it in KN3000 format. Then another person would do a KN5000, etc. Before you know it, that site would have a library of all the models styles, and rhythms in its original model format, not converted. Of course some tweaking will be needed if played on different models (newer).

Anthony

#47608 - 11/27/03 02:13 AM Re: Incorrect voice for the KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

it's the same on my originals, so it's possible this is how it was on the KN3000. Just change the 1st panel memory to something else you like, change the Conductor from Right 1 to Right 2, resave panel memory 1 and then resave the file for instance, sounds good to me.

As it happens the same rhumba was on the KN5000 under Rhumba Espana with four different registrations.

#47609 - 11/27/03 07:57 PM Re: Incorrect voice for the KN7000
Razorcar Offline

Hi Technicsplayer,

Thanks for the tip about the same Rumba Style on the KN5000. Just so you know the style on the KN3000, which I had was same. (Right 1= Piano 1 Octave, Right 2 = Stereo Vocals and Left = Concert Strings). Could you please explain how to save this in the Conductor. I'm not sure how to do it. The manual is not clear to me.

Sincerely,

Razorcar

Razorcar
Play in both worlds
PSR3000 & KN7000

#47610 - 11/28/03 02:22 AM Re: Incorrect voice for the KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

the Conductor selects the parts the keyboard plays directly then the panel memory saves them. Press the panel memory to set up the overall conditions, R1 is already selected as Pan Flute, my suggestion was merely to press Conductor R2 which gave a pleasant acoustic guitar for the rhumba, then holding SET in the centre of the panel memories press panel memory 1 to save this setup, then saving the new file with current panel, panel memory, composer and sequencer only on page 2 of the save page.

For your alternative registration use the Part Assign buttons above the Conductor. Again press panel memory 1, Part Assign R1 is already selected, select piano 1 octave from the sound group. Press Part Select R2 and choose your vocals, then Part Select L and choose your strings. Now assign which parts the keyboard will actually play with the Conductor, if you want all three at the same time press Conductor R1 and R2 together and then L. Technichord was on in the original registration, leave it on or off as you wish. Now re-save the panel memory as above and then re-save the file to permanently keep your preferences.

#47611 - 11/28/03 11:48 PM Re: Incorrect voice for the KN7000
Razorcar Offline

Hi Technicsplayer

Thank you for all your help.

------------------
Sincerely,

Razorcar

Razorcar
Play in both worlds
PSR3000 & KN7000

#47612 - 11/29/03 09:34 AM Re: Incorrect voice for the KN7000