buttons in it far right bottom side ?
I looking at the KN7000.
Thank you
Denny

#60945 - 07/17/02 07:25 PM Re: KN7000 Report
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Denny,

If you mean (F#4), the F# that's one octave below the top F# on the keyboard, then THAT's the tempo wheel. Don't know what the one with 3 balls inside is for Anyone else know?

Scott

#60946 - 07/17/02 07:47 PM Re: KN7000 Report
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
HI: Scott
Thank You for the quick answer !!!!
My goodness I thought that that was the
sound Controler ball, because that is what
they looked like on the KN6000/6500.
Must of had a bunch of those balls left over
& found they could use them for tempo control
Still would like to know what the other one
is.
Denny
Oops I had another look at the side view &
I guess it does look like the same style
tempo wheel as they had. SORRY
Still would like to know what the other
one is
[This message has been edited by dlstarry (edited 07-17-2002).]

#60947 - 07/18/02 01:52 AM Re: KN7000 Report
technicsplayer Offline

the 3 buttons are just the main customisation features arranged together.

Dynamic accompaniment was rather good, you had 2 half fills that were triggered by left hand pressure or right hand fast playing. These would sometimes spring up in the accompaniment just as you hammered at a climactic bit of the song. The effect while playing was much better than my attempt to describe it, and it really made the backing interesting since was used sparingly in addition to the normal fills, variations etc.

Again, there were a lot of complaints that nothing ever happened, what is it?, I can't hear it, etc so it was dropped I think just to save the same hassle on the next board.

I would like to see programmable, editable half fills like this available from composer with programmable velocity switch,and maybe right hand note speed detection, relative to tempo?

#60948 - 07/18/02 05:43 AM Re: KN7000 Report
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I too miss the dynamic accomp. .... as Alec has explained, it would react to your playing as a 'live' drummer might, say during a jazz solo if you went from playing 8th notes to 16th notes, it would just 'kick the rhythm up a notch'.... it was a cool feature .....
Scott ... the more I see and read about the kn7, the more excited I get also ... started to 'break ground' about it with my wife last night .... but the reaction was 'what about the kn1000 and the Rhodes that are doing nothing but collecting dust' ... so I guess I'm going to have to get rid of some hardware first ...... .... the vocal record feature could be great if it works as you suggested, and could be used as a call-response feature, or even as back-up vocals ......
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 07-18-2002).]

#60949 - 07/18/02 11:41 AM Re: KN7000 Report
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
One thing I forgot to mention in my report - I had quite a chat with Phil Leader and the Japanese Gentleman from Technics, Gerry O'Hara (I think). I suggested that a useful feature, which I have been asking for, for some time now, would be an automatic Ritardando, to use at the end of a tune. I know that this function can be realised using the Tempo wheel, but if both hands are 'busy'... I also realise that panel memories could be configured with reducing tempo but if the tune setup uses quite a few panel memories with different voicing then there may not be sufficient left to achieve this. The effect could be similar to the Fade Out function with the ability to set the number of bars over which the Tempo slowed and the end Tempo. It would be useful to have this controllable by footswitch as well as possibly a button on the panel, similar again to the Fade Out function.
The suggestion was well received by both and they assured me that it would definitely be seriously considered. Although it is obviously too late to incorporate this feature on the KN7000, it was thought by both of them, that it may be possible to have a software upgrade to allow the Fade Out to have a dual role option. I believe some other manufacturer's keyboards have this facility - does anyone know ??
Does anyone else consider this a worthwhile facility?
Remember, some of the Technics guys DO visit this forum

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 07-18-2002).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#60950 - 07/18/02 02:18 PM Re: KN7000 Report
technicsplayer Offline

certainly, yamaha have a rit with a second press of the ending button. I think I said a long time ago, maybe with the 9000 comparison review?, that other manufacturers had copied so many technics features, if I were technics I would suffer no embarrassment at copying this one

#60951 - 07/18/02 02:41 PM Re: KN7000 Report
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
support (in both full & split keyboard modes) the legendary Bill Evans A&B rootless chord voicings jazz pianists (around the world) play.

Hi Scott,
What about a brief rundown on this chording, I have never heard of it, although my knowledge is very limited. Thanks. Walter.

#60952 - 07/18/02 04:13 PM Re: KN7000 Report
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
YES.. YES 7000 TIMES YES !!!!! to the desire for a retard feature .... while I like Alec's idea (from a yammie??) of it being activated by a second push of the ending button, I would take it as an option on the fade out.....
t.

#60953 - 07/18/02 04:48 PM Re: KN7000 Report
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I've really grown to appreciate and use the ritard feature 'alot' when I perform on the PSR2000. I really HOPE that Technics will follow suit with such a 'useful' feature.

The 'other' thing I encourage Technics to adapt (from Yamaha) is 'integrating' the 'fill-in' button with each of the variation buttons so you can have an associated fill automataically occur by just pressing ONE of the variation buttons itself. This (to me) is a far better approach than having to press the fill-in button and then the variation button. I realize that Technics has a special 'fill to', both (up or down) to the variation adjacent, but many times I want to skip from variation 4 to 2 or 1 to 4, and this 'fill to' function won't work for this situation.

The great thing about all this is that as manufacterers continue to refine features, we as arranger players will reap the rewards of coming closer to owning the PERFECT arranger keyboard.

Scott

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online