SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#59685 - 11/25/03 10:12 AM Americana series of style disks
Razorcar Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
Hi everyone,

I have a question about using the Americana series of style disks on my KN7000. I had purchased three disks, Big Band Vol 1 & 2 and Christmas Vol 1 for my KN3000. The styles load fine, but the do not keep the proper tempo when I change the variation. The tempo drops from 188 beats to 91 beats. Variation #1 starts at the proper tempo, but as soon as I change to any other varitation it will drop. There are some variations that work fine at the time, such as #3 and #5, but thats only two out of eight. I have the most trouble with the Christmas disk. the Big Band styles seem to work fine. This problem happens whether I load from the disk or SD. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem.

Thanks,

Razorcar

Razorcar
Play in both worlds
PSR3000 & KN7000

#59686 - 11/25/03 11:00 AM Re: Americana series of style disks
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I've had problems with mine too, including some rather strange sounds. My Xmas one doesn't work too well either. I hadn't used mine for a number of years, and some of my disks became partially corrupted during storage ie on some I lost panel memories on others I lost the edited sound sets. Fortunately I didn't lose any composer parts.
I've been going to try and edit them, and see if I can get them working again, but there's so many of them, and unfortunately I keep getting side tracked.

I used to really love them on the kn3 & Kn5, but they certainly don't seem to work as well on the kn7.

If I get a chance I'll check mine and see if I have the same problem.

Which ones in particular are you having the problem with.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Razorcar:
[B]Hi everyone,

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#59687 - 11/25/03 01:09 PM Re: Americana series of style disks
Razorcar Offline

Rikki,

The Christmas Style I think is the last one you can select. I use it for Sleigh Ride.

Thanks,

Razorcar

Razorcar
Play in both worlds
PSR3000 & KN7000

#59688 - 11/25/03 01:39 PM Re: Americana series of style disks
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Razorcar, sometimes a song loaded into the sequencer will affect your playing when you switch PM's, so check the sequencer to make sure it's clear. If not, clear the song and check to see that you're in normal mode. It may just be your data is corrupted and you need to redo the disk. I trust you made back-ups of all your disks and files, and if not, email me and we will take it from there.

#59689 - 11/25/03 01:53 PM Re: Americana series of style disks
rikkisbears Offline

Hi ,
I'll check mine and see if it's working.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Razorcar:
Rikki,

The Christmas Style I think is the last one you can select. I use it for Sleigh Ride.

Thanks,

Razorcar

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#59690 - 11/25/03 02:16 PM Re: Americana series of style disks
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
I just checked mine. Unfortunately it's one of the ones that got corrupted. I do have the composer & sounds parts left, so I loaded it in. Mine seems to work okay, actually sounds quite good considering theres a heap of edited sounds involved.
I'll just try & create some panel memories myself.

Maybe try loading the style with just the composer & sound ( parts) and see what happens. It might be the panel memory causing your problem, or as Bud mentioned, make sure you don't have a song that doesn't belong to the style, accidently loaded.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#59691 - 11/25/03 07:38 PM Re: Americana series of style disks
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hello all:

In the days of the KN3000 Americana series, I believe some panel memories were saved in Expand mode with the tempo filter set to off. Those loaded fine on the KN3000 and the tempo stayed the same through out the song because of the filter tempo was set to off.

On the KN7000/PR804 if the Customize > Data Protection for Panel Memory is set to ON then this may prevent the panel memory Tempo "Off Filter" to engage. Thus may explain why this is happening.

You could:
Set the Panel Memory Data protect to Off and see what happens.
-or-
After loading said file, check to see if the panel memory is in Expand mode, if so, set to Normal Mode, and do a save as. Load and play back and see what happens. Noticed I said "SAVE AS".

Then of course this could have nothing to do with your problem. But I thought I would point it out anyway.

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 11-25-2003).]

#59692 - 11/26/03 07:01 AM Re: Americana series of style disks
Razorcar Offline

Thank you all for your information. I will try it tonight and see how it goes.

Sincerely,

Razorcar

[This message has been edited by Razorcar (edited 11-26-2003).]

Razorcar
Play in both worlds
PSR3000 & KN7000

#59693 - 11/26/03 07:49 PM Re: Americana series of style disks
Razorcar Offline

Anthony,

Your quote:

"On the KN7000/PR804 if the Customize > Data Protection for Panel Memory is set to ON then this may prevent the panel memory Tempo "Off Filter" to engage. Thus may explain why this is happening."

Your information worked perfectly. I turned it off and it worked. Every style kept the proper tempo. I hope I did not mess anything else up, but the styles work great. I cannot thank you enough for your help. I would also like to thank everyone for their help.

Before I did what you said above, I did load the file and checked the panel memory to change the expand to normal, which also worked. The problem with this is you have to check it every time you load a file.

This brings me to the following question. I'm not sure how to use your following quote:

"After loading said file, check to see if the panel memory is in Expand mode, if so, set to Normal Mode, and do a save as. Load and play back and see what happens. Noticed I said "SAVE AS"."

I'm not sure where to save file? I did not see anything that said save.

Sincerely,

Razorcar

Razorcar
Play in both worlds
PSR3000 & KN7000

#59694 - 11/27/03 03:10 PM Re: Americana series of style disks
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi,

If all the other suggestions do not work, I would suggest you read the posts on copying through the Composer, there may be a helpful hint there for you.

If you do 'crack' it please post the answer on the Forum so we can all take note.

Good luck!

Aud

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online