SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58162 - 06/15/05 10:18 PM A little bit of help from my friends!!
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Hi Everyone. Long time between posts, but I have made the big move to the seaside and am starting to function musically again. I badly need the music of a song titled "Thank God I'm Old". It is from the musical "Barnum". The lyrics startoff with - "When you see the shape the world is in - When the way it is ain't what it's bin " etc. I have the words - just need the dots. I still have my KN6500 and it is my main work-horse. I prefer it to all my others. Cheers. Jean.

#58163 - 06/16/05 03:13 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hello Jean,
Good to see you posting again
There is a sheet music supplier in NZ who may be able to supply.... http://www.johnwalkermusic.co.nz/showmus.html Scroll down to 'Barnum' entry...... There is no price quoted as yet but it would be worth emailing.
email : johnw@johnwalkermusic.co.nz

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#58164 - 06/18/05 07:12 PM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Jean Olivia Offline

Bill. Thank you for the information on that website. It is a great index and I will use it often in that context. It does seem as though the song I want is only available in an album collection and that is a bit expensive for my club. I am going to have a go at nutting it out for myself. Cheers. Jean.

#58165 - 06/19/05 12:50 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there - A library in the next town to me has this music score listed.

Have you tried the Libraries over there as a possible source of music?

If you are really stuck then I can probably get this for you. Joan

#58166 - 06/19/05 02:00 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Jean
The Nunawading library is the only one in Melbourne, to my knowledge, that has a large music section. I know it well!
Regards
Keith

#58167 - 06/19/05 02:24 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Jean
I have sheet music for this 'Thank Gol I'm Old' from Barnum. I will scan it for you later today and e mail it to you. I had the whole Barnum book bought for me over 20 years ago from the only place it was availabla at the time which was Chappell Music in London.
Regards
Peter B

#58168 - 06/19/05 11:05 PM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Jean.
Check your e mail. Have scanned the sheets for you and hope they have arrived o.k. I hadn't played the 'BARNUM' music for such a long time so last night I went through it all and there really are some good songs in it.
Regards
peter b

#58169 - 06/20/05 12:41 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Jean Olivia Offline

Keith and Joan - Thank you for your advice and your E-mail, Joan which I will answer. Peter - Thank you so much for all the trouble you have gone to. The 5 pages have arrived but when I try to open them I get this message - THIS FILE DOES NOT HAVE A PROGRAM ASSOCIATED WITH IT FOR PERFORMING THIS ACTION. CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE FOLDER OPTIONS CONTROL PANEL -. I have found the control panel and the folder options but there I am stuck. The main thing is that I have the E-mail and if I can't open the pages my Grandson will in the approaching holidays. It is cold here today and I feel winter is upon us.Thank you all again. Cheers. Jean.

#58170 - 06/20/05 06:55 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi jean
The files were in .jpeg format.

regards
peter b

#58171 - 06/21/05 06:05 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Jean Olivia Offline

Peter. Thank you for the info. I will get help and E-mail you when I succeed or when my Grandson extracts it for me. he is not a child by the way but he teaches computer science at the University. It sure helps to have a brain in the family.!! I will see him over the school holidays. My daughter and family are coming over from Dumfries in Scotland, arriving next Saturday so there will be a great family get together. Every one plays one or two instruments so we will see how much noise we can all make together. Reguards and many thanks. Jean.

#58172 - 06/21/05 07:26 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi jean
have re-sent the files in a different format, maybe they will be easier,with outlook express.
regards
peter b

#58173 - 06/22/05 04:05 PM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Jean Olivia Offline

Peter. Ihave received the three E-mails but am getting the same response. Most of the attachments I get open with Winzip. I have not struck this problem before. Jean.

#58174 - 06/23/05 05:22 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Kenneth Gundersen Offline

Loc: Lyngdal in Norway
Peter, you may send the notesheets to me and I can upload it to my webpage and put up a direct link to the file so Jean can download it from there.

Kenneth www.kn7000.net

#58175 - 06/23/05 07:15 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!

Still problems with the scans The files I received from Peter was .max files (what ever that is). I tried to rename to .jpg and that seemed to work, but I only get a tiny piece of the notesheet.

#58176 - 06/23/05 01:49 PM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi kenneth,jean
Have sent the same files to Peter louden and they open without a problem. So this is a mystery. I'll try and send you a .jpg version.
Regards
Peter b

#58177 - 06/23/05 03:51 PM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!

The new .JPG files opened just fine. You can download them from here: http://www.kengun.com/notesheet/ - I will remove them in a day or two, so hurry up downloading them

Kenneth www.kn7000.net

#58178 - 06/24/05 01:01 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Jean,

I'm not sure which version of Windows you have, but assuming it is Windows XP:
Right click on the file you wish to open (eg music.jpg)
Select "Open with"
You should then see a list of suitable image viewing programs that are installed on your computer. These will probably include "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer", "Microsoft Photo Editor" and "Paint".
If you now left click on any of the listed programs it should then open and display your image of the sheet music.
From there you should be able to print it by either selecting print from the file menu or clicking on the printer icon.

Cheers
Len C.

[This message has been edited by manorcourt1991 (edited 06-24-2005).]

#58179 - 06/24/05 04:35 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Jean Olivia Offline

Thank You All. I have managed to download the five sheets from Kenneth and followed Len's instructions and now have the whole lot. Now comes the hard part - to learn it!Peter - talking about Barnum - Tony Fenelon always plays "Follow the Band" for his final encore. It is such a great song. Thanks again. Reguards to all from "sunny" Rosebud. Jean.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online