SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58162 - 06/15/05 10:18 PM A little bit of help from my friends!!
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Hi Everyone. Long time between posts, but I have made the big move to the seaside and am starting to function musically again. I badly need the music of a song titled "Thank God I'm Old". It is from the musical "Barnum". The lyrics startoff with - "When you see the shape the world is in - When the way it is ain't what it's bin " etc. I have the words - just need the dots. I still have my KN6500 and it is my main work-horse. I prefer it to all my others. Cheers. Jean.

#58163 - 06/16/05 03:13 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hello Jean,
Good to see you posting again
There is a sheet music supplier in NZ who may be able to supply.... http://www.johnwalkermusic.co.nz/showmus.html Scroll down to 'Barnum' entry...... There is no price quoted as yet but it would be worth emailing.
email : johnw@johnwalkermusic.co.nz

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#58164 - 06/18/05 07:12 PM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Jean Olivia Offline

Bill. Thank you for the information on that website. It is a great index and I will use it often in that context. It does seem as though the song I want is only available in an album collection and that is a bit expensive for my club. I am going to have a go at nutting it out for myself. Cheers. Jean.

#58165 - 06/19/05 12:50 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there - A library in the next town to me has this music score listed.

Have you tried the Libraries over there as a possible source of music?

If you are really stuck then I can probably get this for you. Joan

#58166 - 06/19/05 02:00 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Jean
The Nunawading library is the only one in Melbourne, to my knowledge, that has a large music section. I know it well!
Regards
Keith

#58167 - 06/19/05 02:24 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Jean
I have sheet music for this 'Thank Gol I'm Old' from Barnum. I will scan it for you later today and e mail it to you. I had the whole Barnum book bought for me over 20 years ago from the only place it was availabla at the time which was Chappell Music in London.
Regards
Peter B

#58168 - 06/19/05 11:05 PM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Jean.
Check your e mail. Have scanned the sheets for you and hope they have arrived o.k. I hadn't played the 'BARNUM' music for such a long time so last night I went through it all and there really are some good songs in it.
Regards
peter b

#58169 - 06/20/05 12:41 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Jean Olivia Offline

Keith and Joan - Thank you for your advice and your E-mail, Joan which I will answer. Peter - Thank you so much for all the trouble you have gone to. The 5 pages have arrived but when I try to open them I get this message - THIS FILE DOES NOT HAVE A PROGRAM ASSOCIATED WITH IT FOR PERFORMING THIS ACTION. CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE FOLDER OPTIONS CONTROL PANEL -. I have found the control panel and the folder options but there I am stuck. The main thing is that I have the E-mail and if I can't open the pages my Grandson will in the approaching holidays. It is cold here today and I feel winter is upon us.Thank you all again. Cheers. Jean.

#58170 - 06/20/05 06:55 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi jean
The files were in .jpeg format.

regards
peter b

#58171 - 06/21/05 06:05 AM Re: A little bit of help from my friends!!
Jean Olivia Offline

Peter. Thank you for the info. I will get help and E-mail you when I succeed or when my Grandson extracts it for me. he is not a child by the way but he teaches computer science at the University. It sure helps to have a brain in the family.!! I will see him over the school holidays. My daughter and family are coming over from Dumfries in Scotland, arriving next Saturday so there will be a great family get together. Every one plays one or two instruments so we will see how much noise we can all make together. Reguards and many thanks. Jean.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online