SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#57937 - 08/28/02 01:54 PM Re: GOT IT !!
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Scott, your question - Is the KN 7000 passable enough for vocal backup harmony for the smaller-medium gigs? You mean it could be passable for small occasions or engagements but not passable for larger venues. Or do you mean it could be passable for large gigs but unacceptable for the smaller ones? Don’t you think that is a bit discriminatory? At what point would you draw the line? One to thirty, small? Thirty to fifty, medium? Maybe fifty to a thousand, large? Professional giging? When you say - Is it completely unacceptable for professional level giging or at least passable enough for the smaller-medium gigs, I see on another thread you state that nursing homes or when you do more than one job a day you consider it OK to give those people substandard performances. If I thought professional ball players would short change me by not bringing their full ability with all their equipment when they played a double header game (two gigs in one day) I would not go. I would be spending my money for a second rate performance. I have seen top rated stars in their profession give more than one performance in two separate venues in one day and not cheapen the show with equipment not suited to do the best job possible. Do less fortunite, old or inferm people in nursing homes deserve less than the best that one can do or provide. I guess in all professions there are pro’s and their are PRO’S. I see you are still evangelizing for your PSR. Oh No! Terrible!! Get out of my way!!! Let me to the front door!!!! Gag!!!!! Whoosh!!!!! Too late!!!!!!! Phew! What a smell!! What a mess!!! Ruthie help! ! Help!! HELP!!! Honey, what’s the matter? Wha-di-ya-sa? Voca? Voca p something? One more time darling. Voca, Pisser, is that it? Baby, do you have to go, too?? Oh Ruth, no, no and no. Vocalizer and PSR. PSR not Pisser! Honey, do you feel all right? What’s with this vocalizer and pisser stuff? Is it something you ate or drank? Oh Ruth, I don’t know what I would do without you. Your my funny, funny little girl. Please! No please let me clean this up. No babe, it’s not one of my new drinks or anything, it’s just something that’s finally got to me. Something like someone who just keeps beating a dead horse and just won’t stop. On and on and on. After a while it just makes you sick to your stomach. Ya, I’m OK. Lay down on the couch for awhile? Na, think after I get this mess cleaned up I’ll just look in on the technics forum and see if Willum has any more goodies to whet my appetite. He sure has some good evaluations of his new board. He really expresses his opinions in a truthful and positive way. Sure is refreshing to hear somebody look at things in a positive way and not pickety, pickety, pickety kind of stuff. Not build something up and then turn around on it and tear it down. As Alec says, Willum talks sense therefore I can really look forward to and value his judgments. Ruth, your a real jewell. Thanks for helping me with this mess. Why don’t you go upstairs and get into something real pretty. Remember? Wednesday is date nite. Let’s do it. Let’s go out to dinner and talk about nice things. Remember when I first kissed you in your barnyard. After a bit you put your arms around my neck and I thought you would never let me go. Please don’t.

Grandpa Doug

#57938 - 08/28/02 02:10 PM Re: GOT IT !!
technicsplayer Offline

thanks Mel,
mac compatability will depend on 1) usb recognition and 2) the equivalent jukebox program to load and use all the features of the SD card. If 1) works you should be able to use any mac digital recording software. I don't have a mac so can't say.

floppy copy is built into the 7000. See my reply to Alain for the structure. You can load by number exactly as you do now, or by alphabet, or by folder, or for audio or midi by playlist, or for technics or midi by favourites. Ex-SX6 owners will be very much at home with the navigation.

#57939 - 08/28/02 02:17 PM Re: GOT IT !!
technicsplayer Offline

Willum, my new 7k was supplied with SZ-CB7 card reader and jukebox software, and your dealer should supply this for you included in the price. It is a separate box.

#57940 - 08/28/02 02:28 PM Re: GOT IT !!
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Thanks Alec, I'll get in touch with them - no rush though - i've got plenty to keep me busy

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#57941 - 08/28/02 04:16 PM Re: GOT IT !!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Douglas Dean:
You mean it (the KN7000 vocalizer) could be passable for small occasions or engagements but not passable for larger venues. Or do you mean it could be passable for large gigs but unacceptable for the smaller ones? Don’t you think that is a bit discriminatory?

I’m really disppointed to hear you suggest that I’m being discriminatory, and giving less when performing for nursing homes. This is not the case at all. The amount & what equipment I bring to the gig has more to do with the room size and how long I’m hired to play for. The nursing homes I play at regularly (bi-monthly) are smaller rooms of 10-40 people and the performance time is typically less than an hour. I also charge substantially less per hour for nursing homes (which usually have tighter budgets) than for an all afternoon/evening one time wedding/corporate event. To make Nursing Home gigs financially feasible, I try to book ‘back to back’, two, three, and sometimes four Nursing Homes in the same vicinity (city) on the same day, so need to be able to setup/breakdown/transport my equipment from venue to venue quickly. The bottom line is that no matter what equipment I use, I always put 100% of my heart and soul into my performance, whether performing for a small Nursing Home with 10 people in the audience or a large event of 500 people.

My question here was to determine if the KN7000’s vocalizer is acceptable enough for gig venues where I need to setup/breakdown quickly. The bottom line is that I’ll only use the KN7000’s vocalizer if it will produce professionally pleasing results.

Quote:
Originally posted by Douglas Dean:

I see on another thread you state that nursing homes or when you do more than one job a day you consider it OK to give those people substandard performances.

Grandpa: I "NEVER" said that ! Here's what I did say:
"For the larger wedding/corporate party events, bringing a dedicated vocalizer rack is fine, but for the 45 minute set nursing home gigs & smaller venues (multiple gig/day type events) I need to travel as 'light as possible' with 'minimal equipment' for quick in/out setup and breakdown time".

I would NEVER use a vocal harmonizer (built in or otherwise) which produced 'sub-standard' results.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

- Scott

#57942 - 08/28/02 04:45 PM Re: GOT IT !!
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I'd like to ask Bill, Alec, or whomever a question about equalization editing on the 7000. Specifically, how easy or difficult is it to change the EQ for specific parts in the rhythm section within any style? For example, do you still have to go into Composor and do each intro/ending, variation, etc. one at a time? Or, can you now EQ each ACP part quickly in a direct, straightforward manner that would be maintained for each variation in a given style? I may not be making sense, but I know what I'm trying to say.

#57943 - 08/28/02 06:50 PM Re: GOT IT !!
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I may have missed it, but does the KN7000 support long file names in the PC to SD memory copy function?

#57944 - 08/28/02 09:32 PM Re: GOT IT !!
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Scotty, Scotty. I can't believe it. As you stated - My question here was to determine if the KN7000’s vocalizer is acceptable enough for gig venues where I need to setup/breakdown quickly. The bottom line is that I’ll only use the KN7000’s vocalizer if it will produce professionally pleasing results. If it will produce? To determine if?? You make beleive you don't know???

This is what you just wrote to me today, less than an hour or so ago. My stars, (as Grandma used to say) you started a thread on this subject last month. Now more than a month later you resurrected that thread again. On that same thread on 8/22 you posted - I'm really surprised & disappointed to hear that Technics didn't correct the infamous KN6x00 cheesy vocal harmonizer problem on the KN7000. Hey, even my budget priced ($1,000 US) Yamaha PSR2000 includes a very decent sounding vocalizer -. Another post you made on that same thread on 8-28-2002 at 9:02 AM - If only the KN7000 included a vocal harmonizer of at least comparable sound quality as the one included in my budget priced Yamaha PSR2000 I would be happy. Sounds like this isn't the case though. Then you jump over to this thread and just nine minutes later at 9:11 AM you post - How does the KN7000/6000/6500 vocalizer sound quality compare with the one included in the Yamaha PSR2000? I would suggest you read not only what you post but the answers people give you. It appears to me everybody knows what the KN’s vocalizer is all about except you. After reading your own posts let alone all the answers people are trying to give you, I can’t believe you are really trying to determine if the vocalizer is acceptable enough or if it will produce professionally pleasing results. I think you enjoy talking about the infamous KN6x00 cheesy vocal harmonizer problem on the KN7000 (as you put it) and your budget priced ($1,000 US) Yamaha PSR2000 very decent sounding vocalizer. Hope I don’t have to puke again. Is there any reason you dwell on a question that has been very clear for many weeks? Is there nothing else you could contribute except these redundant already answered wonderment's.

Clear up any misunderstanding? Scott I think I understand you very well. You have opinions and I think about things also. You and others think the KN vocalizer stinks, so do I think it stinks for what we use it for. Others think it fun. What I don’t agree with you is you trying to make us believe you are sincerely trying to find out information when you, and almost everybody else, knows the query has been addressed many, many times the past month. And by many people, I might add. I also think it bad taste and a lack of discernment to evangelize Yamaha products on a forum dedicated to technics users. Of course this is a free world, for the most part, and people can do whatever they choose. Believe me, some do with gusto! However a little discernment would go a long way at times. For those people who sound like broken records, always repeating the same lines, never leaving a dead horse and can never find a solution to their problems much less see things in a positive way, there is now a fix. An almost painless operation. Being an outpatient operation there is hardly any recovery time needed. In fact immediate results. It is called an octorectumy procedure. In layman terms what they do is simply cut the nerve between the eyeball and the rectum which gets rid of that crappie outlook on things.

Grandpa Doug

#57945 - 08/28/02 10:41 PM Re: GOT IT !!
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
ummmmm wow.
Sparky
Yeah though that the harmonizer sucks. Puke.
Do I sense some envy on someones part? ha ha
I wish I had a kn7000 too!
There will always be time sometime or other! LOL
It's the being late that stinks! LOL
The Spark Tender has spoken his riddleless, rhymeless, and timeless words of boredom!

#57946 - 08/28/02 10:44 PM Re: GOT IT !!
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
Or is it Just the MICHELOB SPEEKING?????????

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online