Quote:
Originally posted by Douglas Dean:
You mean it (the KN7000 vocalizer) could be passable for small occasions or engagements but not passable for larger venues. Or do you mean it could be passable for large gigs but unacceptable for the smaller ones? Don’t you think that is a bit discriminatory?

I’m really disppointed to hear you suggest that I’m being discriminatory, and giving less when performing for nursing homes. This is not the case at all. The amount & what equipment I bring to the gig has more to do with the room size and how long I’m hired to play for. The nursing homes I play at regularly (bi-monthly) are smaller rooms of 10-40 people and the performance time is typically less than an hour. I also charge substantially less per hour for nursing homes (which usually have tighter budgets) than for an all afternoon/evening one time wedding/corporate event. To make Nursing Home gigs financially feasible, I try to book ‘back to back’, two, three, and sometimes four Nursing Homes in the same vicinity (city) on the same day, so need to be able to setup/breakdown/transport my equipment from venue to venue quickly. The bottom line is that no matter what equipment I use, I always put 100% of my heart and soul into my performance, whether performing for a small Nursing Home with 10 people in the audience or a large event of 500 people.

My question here was to determine if the KN7000’s vocalizer is acceptable enough for gig venues where I need to setup/breakdown quickly. The bottom line is that I’ll only use the KN7000’s vocalizer if it will produce professionally pleasing results.

Quote:
Originally posted by Douglas Dean:

I see on another thread you state that nursing homes or when you do more than one job a day you consider it OK to give those people substandard performances.

Grandpa: I "NEVER" said that ! Here's what I did say:
"For the larger wedding/corporate party events, bringing a dedicated vocalizer rack is fine, but for the 45 minute set nursing home gigs & smaller venues (multiple gig/day type events) I need to travel as 'light as possible' with 'minimal equipment' for quick in/out setup and breakdown time".

I would NEVER use a vocal harmonizer (built in or otherwise) which produced 'sub-standard' results.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

- Scott