SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#57724 - 08/02/03 12:55 PM Sequencer with Fill-In
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hello All!

Can someone tell me why this is?

I will "Easy Record" a song, during the recording I will use a fill-in at certain stages of the song. I will then playback and make any corrections using the edit features. There are times I will change my mind and don't want the fill-in so I will erase it. But when playing back the song, the fill-in still plays, I can not get rid of it.

Here's what I do. I will go to Step Record, click on the CTL Track, find the "*" where the fill-in is that I want to earase, make sure the cursor is right on it, then click on the ERS button. The "*" is gone so are are the words fillin. When exiting and I come to the page that has "Panel Write" I will click on it.

Still after the above is done, and I playback the song, that fill-in still plays. Is there another location I need to erase it from?

I'm sure the KN7000 and PR804 have similar easy record functions, so any helpfull info relating to this will greatefully be appreciated.

Oh! This also is the case on my PR900, doing the same thing.

Thanks,

Anthony

#57725 - 08/02/03 12:58 PM Re: Sequencer with Fill-In
AnthonyCian Offline

Hey I graduated... I'm not junior anymore... Whoppie!

Anthony

#57726 - 08/16/03 05:53 PM Re: Sequencer with Fill-In
AnthonyCian Offline

Bringing this on top just in case someone missed it.

Anthony

#57727 - 08/18/03 04:13 AM Re: Sequencer with Fill-In
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Anthony, I don't know why you are experiencing this problem. I sometimes insert Fill-Ins after Easy Recording and I've just tried erasing some, from a sequence which was recorded using realtime Fill-Ins and Post-Recording Fill-Ins. All the Fill-Ins were deleted successfully.
Sorry, I can't be of much help. From what you say, you seem to be using the correct procedure. The only difference between the procedure you use and my procedure is that I don't use the 'Panel Write' after deleting the Fill-Ins - maybe worth a try???

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#57728 - 08/18/03 11:10 AM Re: Sequencer with Fill-In
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Has anybody tried to edit the chord progression in Easy Record? Hmmm!!
John C.

#57729 - 08/18/03 02:17 PM Re: Sequencer with Fill-In
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hmmmmmm! Indeed John - I haven't found a way to do this yet. I've often done a Easy Record and fluffed just one chord near the end and had to start from scratch again. It would be great to be able to edit just this one chord - however, this may be deemed by some, to be cheating

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#57730 - 08/20/03 07:17 PM Re: Sequencer with Fill-In
AnthonyCian Offline

Hello Willum:

Entering a fill-in in step record Ctrl track and deleting it works ok. The fill-ins I can not get rid of, are the ones during Easy Record. I can find these in the step record Ctrl track and actually delete these. But when I play the song, the fill-in still plays.

Please try recording a 10 measure test session, in it have a fill-in. Then go to step record, ctrl track, find it and delete it. Now play the song over. Does the fill-in play?

Anthony

#57731 - 08/29/03 12:02 PM Re: Sequencer with Fill-In
shakeel Ahmed Offline

Loc: gujranwala,punjab,Pakistan
Hi Anthony, I just tried to solve your problem.Yes, u are right the fill ins remain
there even after deleting.

SOLUTION: 1) while u easy rec do not add fills
on the fly. 2) After recording all your song
(without fills)now its time to add your fills
using to record control track.Now u are free
to add or delete fills using step rec(control)track.I did all this on my kn6500
and i do not know yours.

#57732 - 08/29/03 10:49 PM Re: Sequencer with Fill-In
AnthonyCian Offline

Hello:

I talked to Eddie the operational help person that Technics has. He said it looks like this is by design in all models. He will look into it more and find out why this is so.

What's happening is that when you use a fill-in during easy record it records it in two tracks, the control track and the APC. Nothing shows in the APC track so it can not be erased, and why it still plays.
He said the work around is to do what Ahmed said, don't play fill-ins during easy
record.

But just in case fill-ins were used I did find a way to erase it. Make a note of the measure number the fill-in is at. Using Erase Measure, set tracks to ALL, enter the measure #, and select "Control" for erase type.

This procedure will erase the fill-in for that measure. Unfortunately it will also erase all other control marks in that measure too. The person will have to make sure there are no other control marks, or if so, note what they are and enter it back using Step Record.

Thanks,

Anthony

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online