SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#57666 - 01/30/04 04:01 AM SD Favorite Songs
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
What a shame that the SD favorite songs system on the KN7000 only has 40 banks of nine to play with....it doesn't take long to fill up 360 songs in the differing orders that you want them.
Does anyone know if you can tweak the other 'favorites' options such as 70s Orchestra to create more banks?
Roger M

#57667 - 01/30/04 04:16 AM Re: SD Favorite Songs
technicsplayer Offline

easy... arrange songs in folders and use the SD song medley in folder mode... then program the song medley user lists for any alternative playlists that require specific songs from different folders, thus keeping the Favorites purely for style setups.

#57668 - 01/30/04 04:57 AM Re: SD Favorite Songs
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
easy... arrange songs in folders and use the SD song medley in folder mode... then program the song medley user lists for any alternative playlists that require specific songs from different folders, thus keeping the Favorites purely for style setups.

Stupid question here: How do you do this, step by step? I'm sure I am not the only one who may be confused by your suggestion. Thanks for you help!

Ted (aka Dumbo)

#57669 - 01/30/04 05:56 AM Re: SD Favorite Songs
technicsplayer Offline

the detailed step by step instructions for all these functions are in the "Getting the most from your KN7000" book.

The SD menu has an SD Song Medley switch. In the Mode you can select any or all folders or User Lists.

Therefore if you arrange songs in any folder, they will load and play in that order from that folder.

If you want to rearrange the order of songs, use the SD Tools menu Copy switch, select a song, press Copy, then select the new folder and position and OK it. Continue until done, then use the SD Tools Song Delete switch to erase the original files. Now you have all your songs in any order you want for the Song Medley play. Alternatively load from one card and save to another or use a pc tool.

If you want a different song order from the existing folder order, use the Song Medley User Lists which are selected with the Mode switch. Just press User List Edit, your songs are on the left, select the ones you want, place them in order on the right and press SET. The advantage is you don't have to waste space on the SD card by duplicating songs in different folders. There is DEL to wipe songs from the lists on this page too. Then just select your User List and go.

#57670 - 01/30/04 06:30 AM Re: SD Favorite Songs
RMepstead Offline

Hi Alec and thank you as always....
Just a couple of things;
It looks like you have to put your 'songs' in the user lists in reverse order in order to get them round the right way when you play them one after the other - am I right?
Secondly you say 'choose user list and go'
Choose it where and how go please?
Also how long is a user list - 10 songs 40 songs 100 songs?
Roger M
p.s. when I use the term 'song' I actually mean a set of style files for a particular song that I play wiv me own 'ands and not a dreaded midi file...

#57671 - 01/30/04 07:23 AM Re: SD Favorite Songs
technicsplayer Offline

reverse order - no, just scroll down on the right to the next song position for play order to be the same as enter order.

choose your list - with the Mode in SD Song Medley screen.

go - press Start in SD Song Medley screen.

each list - 20 songs in 3 user lists, but the 99 folder lists are all separate.

song = file with sequencer contents, even if the sequencer is just a control track which remains silent while you play your setup. Thus as first explained it frees up the Favorites for style setups, but for those you can arrange customs and/or panel banks, and have alphabet load etc too.

#57672 - 01/31/04 06:54 AM Re: SD Favorite Songs
RMepstead Offline

Thanks Alec, you're a gem...
I think the answer for me is going to be to use multiple SD cards - providing I don't drop them and lose them cos they're so tiny!!!
You see I don't use any of the standard rhythms in the KN7000 to play the literally hundreds and hundreds of numbers that go to make up my total play list - they're all special rhythms for specific songs produced by the likes of Neil Blake et al, so I guess my requirements are a little abnormal...
Anyway thanks again for all your help.
Roger M
p.s. I will experiment with all your suggestions though..

#57673 - 01/31/04 08:16 AM Re: SD Favorite Songs
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I believe Alex was saying, you can save those hundreds of styles(360) into Favorites, and use the SD Card Medley for your specific Songs.

Do you really need more SD Cards? Isn't the 360 Favorites and a 512mb SD Card enough?
Wow Roger, how many styles and songs do you have? (or need)

Larry Hawk

------------------
Larry Hawk
Technics For All

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#57674 - 02/01/04 05:41 AM Re: SD Favorite Songs
RMepstead Offline

Hiya Larry
I have somewhere around 700 special rhythms - style files - each for a specific song from the early days right through to this century...
They need to be instantly available in several different orders dependant on whether I am playing alone; playing with my singer; playing for an audience that wants to hear 50's and 60's music; or for an audience that wants to get up and dance/rock all evening; or for an audience that wants to sit quietly and listen; or for a predominantly younger audience...etc etc
Seems to me that when you're entertaining you've got to be ready and able to move in any direction dependant on the audience mix and needs; I just hope that I can fix a zip on my entertainment waistcoat so that the SD cards don't slip out and get lost...chuckle.
Roger M

#57675 - 02/01/04 06:17 AM Re: SD Favorite Songs
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Roger,
Quite a collection you have, and nice to have especially at Weddings.

Look on the bright side ...No Floppies! Remember the shoe box full of Floppies?
A request back then took some time.

Suggestion:
Velcro your SD Card holders to your waist, and make like Clint Eastwood and quick draw a song.

------------------
Larry Hawk
Technics For All

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online