SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#42192 - 01/26/04 10:38 AM A couple of problems,,,,
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
The first concerns sound levels on my Kn7000.

When playing back a downloaded song, or playing back an Easy recorded song either driectly from the Kn itself, or after having saved it to floppy and then loading it back into the Kn, after a few seconds the volume drops away - doesn't disappear altogether, just drops to a much lower level.
It doesn't happen every time I switch on - guess it would be regarded as an intermittent problem.

In normal playing no problems with volume change, BUT if starting off on Panel Memory 1 for instance, on switching to any other Panel number the volume increases to an almost unbearable level, and this level is maintained when switching back to Panel No1.
If I stop playing, then restart, the same thing happens.

The second problem is purely PC related. Another intermittent fault but all too frequent - after booting up, when typing emails, or using the word processor and indeed when typing this epistle, I type a few letters and nothing appears on the screen. Press the next letter key and the backlog of missing letters suddenly appears.

Can someone help please?

Peter

#42193 - 01/26/04 12:38 PM Re: A couple of problems,,,,
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Ogre,
Do you have an expression pedal plugged in?
Walt

#42194 - 01/26/04 01:22 PM Re: A couple of problems,,,,
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Peter,

This may help your typing problem:

Click: Start>
Control Panel>
Printers and Other Hardware>
Keyboard.>

On the Speed tab, make changes as follows:
To adjust the amount of time that elapses before characters repeat when you hold down a key, drag the Repeat delay slider.
To adjust how quickly characters repeat when you hold down a key, drag the Repeat rate slider.

or

You may need to make changes in the Accessibility Options :

Click: Control Panel >
Accessibility Options>
Keyboard>

Check your settings in Sticky Keys and Filter keys

Hope it helps.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#42195 - 01/26/04 01:33 PM Re: A couple of problems,,,,
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Peter, I can think of three things off the top of my head. Number 1 could be spooks. Spooks take much pleasure in doing things like that. Little rascals are they. The other two I would need more information on, How you play and who’s recorded disks are you playing? So for number two, I would have to know if you use a swell or volume pedal on your keyboard setup. Number three, I would have to know if you use the APC/ Sequencer volume slider much when you play your board. Miss use of these two while saving to the panel Memory area of your keyboard or saving to disk of a recording are two areas that had been a nightmare to many people after purchasing their KN’s. This was much discussed for about a full year after the introduction of them. The swell pedal and the APC/Sequencer volume slider must be set to max. volume before you save anything to disk or panel memory. If not, the spooks will have a holiday and bug you no end. Former organ players seem to be spooked by these spooks more than anybody else. For more than a year after the introduction of the seven there were many recordings circulated among players that had these problems. Even today I run across some of these. Sad to say, some not so nice verbal exchanges came about because of improper use. No, the keyboard was not broke, the player just needed a little adjustment to his system. Hope this helps.

Doug

#42196 - 01/26/04 03:15 PM Re: A couple of problems,,,,
Leo's Den Offline

Hi Peter. Sympathies with the intermittent problem on your computer. Mine too is prone to erratic "lumping", as well as to running at quite different speeds, apparently according to mood. Two different types of experts - both very good - have investigated the problem and none of the obvious solutions have worked totally, although all help a bit. These include regular defragging, making sure that old software is properly uninstalled instead of just being deleted, clearing out the waste and recycle bins completely, hard disk repartioning, etc. Alternatively, you could look at the specs for Bebop's new lap-top and drool. Leo.

#42197 - 01/26/04 05:18 PM Re: A couple of problems,,,,
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Here are three suggestions I have for your KN volume problem:-

1) Choose the level you want, keep it or change using buttons underneath screen. Save to Panel Memory 1. Repeat if necessary using next PM with new setting.

2) Go to Programme Menu, Sound, Part Setting and change Volume there and save to Panel Memories.

3) In the same Menu look at the difference of other settings, particularly the PAN and change to suit. Again saving to Panel Memories.

I often do this just whether I need to or not just to get that elusive sound we always seem to be looking for.

Hope this helps.

Aud

#42198 - 01/27/04 06:30 AM Re: A couple of problems,,,,
ogre Offline

Thanks everyone for you words of wisdom. I'll go away and try everything suggested and let you know what happens.

No - I don't have an expression pedal fitted.

Peter

#42199 - 01/27/04 07:14 AM Re: A couple of problems,,,,
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Peter, one more suggestion for your KN. Take that - Initial Data Disk that came with your KN7000 and load all four of the loads on that disk into your KN. This will configure your keyboard lust like it came from the factory. I’ll bet your problems will be over. Play it for a day or two before loading any other disks or saving anything to the panel memory. Then every time you do load any disk, save anything to panel or save a recording check to see if the problem arises again. If so, you will know just what the action is that caused the malfunction. I would be willing to bet a big dish of ice-cream, that will fix and expose the mystery. Ruth said she wants to come along for the ice-cream too.

Doug

#42200 - 01/29/04 03:38 AM Re: A couple of problems,,,,
ogre Offline

Hello ! It's me again with promised progress report.
First the typing problem. I tried all your suggestions Larry, but no joy. Then went a step further, after finding that massive Windows Bible by Alan Simpson, which had somehow got mislaid, and using the Device Manager "removed" the keyboard, then rebooted but problem still persists. Guess Doug was right, SPOOKS! and I'll just have to live with it, no problem.

Now the really important thing, ie the volume on the kn7. Went thru all the suggestions including initialization but again no joy. Then,lo and behold it happened when I was simply playing the keyboard, the volume just went down. The snag is that it only happens occaisionally so it's pretty useless to get a repair man to try and trace the fault - I'll just have to wait till it becomes a permanent fault. But then again, if Doug's spooks are in there it could clear itself. I'll have to try a bit of exorcism....

Peter

#42201 - 01/30/04 06:40 AM Re: A couple of problems,,,,
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Peter
Almost certainly it is APC/SEQUENCER VOLUME at the top left hand corner of your KN7000.
Make sure it is on MAX and the problem will go away....
Promise!
Roger M

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online