SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#5635 - 04/01/03 05:30 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
Saddam Hussein has stolen your minimoog. If he gets it to Osama Bin Laden, then the terrists win.

Are you a bad enough dude to save the President?

#5636 - 04/01/03 06:03 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

What would Osma Bin Laden do with a Minimoog synthesizer?

No I am not bad cloakboy. I did not vote for our President.

#5637 - 04/01/03 08:05 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

If they got your minimoog, they can only look at it. They can't play it at all. Hopefully they won't try to because they will blow up the transformer the moment they plug it in. They don't run the same voltage as we do.
FeO2 + O3
Iron Oxide plus Ozone. It's that unmistakable smell when you plug something in and know for sure that something went wrong.
MORPH
PS Do not take hits off of a smoking transformer.
1.) It is leathally toxic.
2.) It wont get you high either.
3.) Just don't. You will be known to have died for a reason more stupid than Sonny Bono's.

#5638 - 04/01/03 10:05 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Morphamatik:
2.) It wont get you high either.

Why do I get the impression you know this from experiance, morph?

#5639 - 04/02/03 12:30 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just out of idle couriosity, does anyone know how long a packgaes takes to get through customs? I mean my minimoog was mailed on Feb. 12th and it is now April 2nd. This should have long enough time for my minimoog to get here. I would like too know if it is just sitting around or what?

Just in case if anyone knows?

#5640 - 04/02/03 01:01 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Paul, I have had some experiene with customs. I sent my memorymoog to Germany to have the Lintronics mod done to it and it came back on 9/11. Customs lost it and I had to do some proactive stuff to avoid it being shipped back to Germany. But I had a lot of numbers etc., to help.
The Israel transaction was discussed on the analogue mail list some time ago. I don't know if you are the guy that initiated the discussion or if you are the next guy this person went on to, but my recollection of the discussion was that the sellers price, his unwillingness to accomodate the buyer and his unwillingness to enter into escrow led folks to conclude it was a scam. My view is that they are probably right although I hope not. However, all my prevoius customs hassles were 10 days at the most.
Regarding the Voyager it is far more than a minimoog. It has 2 modulation buses that allow for many modulation sources and destination routings--some on the panel and some through the OS. It also has very many cv and gate ins allowing for additional control voltage modulation of many destinations. I have been using mine as a modular (with the aid of a moogerfooger cp 251 control processor) and it sounds fantastic--sort of like getting a new moog modular. And I don't have to tell you what those cost. So while I agree with many of the posters here that later moog products from the original company were overrated (after Bob left in 1978 particularly) this Voyager has beeen marvelous and I have no complaints about the value. Someone who bought it just for leads and basses might, but even then its a quality deal, I think.

#5641 - 04/02/03 08:35 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

well the Minimoog voayger is great, but not enough for me too want to spend $2,000.00 on it. No, mine was not a scam this guy is legit, since I got it off of ebay. Checked is feedback rating very high very positve.

#5642 - 04/03/03 08:42 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

well guys I have to assume the worst that I will not be getting my minimoog after all. It's been over a month and a half since the guy mailed it and still nothing. The post office cannot track it, and I have run out of options. I guess it just got lost in the mail. Well If I hear back from the gentle man I will try and see if I can get my money back. He has no recpit or record so I guess I won't get it. Well maybe just one last day.

I think it's just stupid the the USPS cannot track international registerd mail. That's our government at work for you.

#5643 - 04/03/03 09:18 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Soft Machine Offline

Next time, stick to your local pawn shops or
classified ads

just goes to show you that Globalization SUX

new world order my ass

#5644 - 04/03/03 09:18 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's an honest negative there Cloakboy. After living in an art colony in a blanketed musician's culture for so many decades, you get to see people do some pretty stupid things, so I don't put anything past anybody without a warning if I feel it's warranted. Even back east when I was in High School Chemistry class a real long long time ago I guess I was the only one who saw this classmate taking a snort off of this bottle of gas. He lunged back about 6 feet and dropped. I barely caught him and gave mouth to mouth (ick). I even felt the oxygen displacement while I tried to revive him. People said he looked dead and I was turning purple and grey like he first did. I didn't stop and he began to revive after 25 seconds or so of vigorus resussitation. As he layed there on the floor breathing on his own, I told him he was an idiot. Oh the gas by the way was NH4 (Ammonia) which will suck every molecule of oxygen out of you if you breathe one deep enough breath. Just about any oxide radical will. Ozone on the other hand is extremely deadly. To my understanding, it can kill you in seconds while the body is hardly noticing that something is wrong when something drastic is happening. All your Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide is converted into Carbon Monoxide. If you had a bottle of Oxygen running, it would still take a miracle to survive that without some major damage occur.
Pretty wild huh!? It can happen in the blink of an eye.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online