SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#5625 - 03/27/03 01:34 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Peter,

I did get it from an individual, through a canceled ebay auction. And yes it is comeing from overseas. Isreal to be exact, so it must be hung up in customs like you said. I will keep you informed.

Paul

#5626 - 03/27/03 02:03 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Don't give up yet. I recently ordered some software from Yamaha UK and it took exactly a month to arrive here in Canada.

Bryan

#5627 - 03/27/03 05:53 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
Just as Catsailor said , I would file a claim . The problem is that a MINIMOOG never sells at just $350.00 , even in the Middle East . The is the first red flag . I seem to remember you saying that it was shipped back in February , it's been over a month , thats another red flag . I hope it works out , but go ahead and file the claim .

#5628 - 03/27/03 07:15 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok 800DV I will go ahead and file a claim.

#5629 - 03/27/03 07:53 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Incidently why would the Post office bother giveing a RR shipping number if they can't even track it. That would seem pointless.

BTW not to be negative or racsit, but the frist two times I went to the post office I dealt with a man both times and the both checked on line and said wait about thrity days. Today I talked to an Oriental woman and she did not bother to do anything just flat out told me that they could not track international mail. I don't know why she would not do anything I had the RR shipping number, but the other two gentle man were helpfull. Well that will teach me not too deal with her again. Let's just say this will be the last time I buy anything international and/or use the Post office (US Mail). Buy domesticlly and have the items shipped UPS. At least these people are willing to help and they even give you a tracking number automaticlly, and insure items up to $100.00.

#5630 - 03/28/03 09:11 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
The biggest question is , what does the person you bought it from have to say . Will they send you a copy of their receipt ? Fax it ? scan it , then send it to you're email ? Give you the number of the post office that he sent it through so you can check that number there and to verify that such a package was sent ?

#5631 - 03/28/03 10:23 AM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

well I eamiled him yesterday to tell him that I would have too file a claim for lost mail. But have not gotten a response back yet. I asked him if he insured it as well. I don't know if he has checked with his post office yet? I could ask though. He did have a high feedback rateing on ebay, and I did not think there would be any problems. I'll give it till Monday and then go and file a PS Form 1510 Mail Loss Rifiling Report.

#5632 - 03/29/03 03:36 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bad news guys! I went to the post office today and unfortuneatly I cannot file a claim in order to find out where my Minimoog is. Apprently with international registered mail the Post office is unable to track it. Something about the package being non-exsitent. They told me the best thing to do was to contact the gentlemen in Israel and see if his post office can trace it. The other possibility is that it is tied up in customs. Which with the war in Iraq going on this may take longer. Or lastly see If I can get my money back. First I will see if his post office can find it, then wait just one more business day and lastly see if I can get my money back. Though I really don't know if he will do that. If not them I am really screwed. Out a minimoog and $350.00.

#5633 - 03/29/03 04:33 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
MRT1212 Offline

Loc: Foster City
i know some people in israel that can rough this mother****er up for you.

#5634 - 04/01/03 05:17 PM Re: I think I am getting a little discouraged here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Minimoog Update! Well still no minimoog. I was able to get a hold of the gentelmen who sold it to me. He siad he was sorry that I had not recevied it yet. Unfortunetly he can do anything becuse he had to leave Isreal for a while due too Saddam's threat towards Isreal. But he said he would try once he got back.

Personally I think it might just be tied up in customs and with this War in Iraq it may take a little longer to get here. I don't know how long it is sitting in customs anyways. I did manage to talk to someone at my local post office and they said that I can not file a claim for it becuse it is register mail and is international. Which also means a record of it does not exist in their system. They told me that it is most likely tied up in customs. I'm surrpirsed no one in the US customs has tried to contact me! Well I'll just keep waiting and let you know.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online