SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#56006 - 09/23/04 04:43 PM Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Actually, Gunnar Jonny's website has a lot of the older styles listed, and a google search will probably turn up more. Remember that a lot of styles were upgraded and carried over to the newer keyboards, especially the standards in each musical catagory. From two variations to four, intros and endings, fill-ins, solos, etc. You probably won't like the older keyboard sounds after being spoiled by the KN6K and up. They just don't sound very good and need a lot of tweaking to bring them up to today's standards. Want something different? Go out on the net and gather up some Solton SX1 or Roland VA styles, or Yamaha CVP209 styles. There are some very nice sounding styles just waiting for your keyboard and along the way, you'll learn how to convert styles. What a bonus!

#56007 - 09/24/04 06:03 AM Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by Bud Whipple:
Actually, Gunnar Jonny's website has a lot of the older styles listed, and a google search will probably turn up more. Remember that a lot of styles were upgraded and carried over to the newer keyboards, especially the standards in each musical catagory. From two variations to four, intros and endings, fill-ins, solos, etc. You probably won't like the older keyboard sounds after being spoiled by the KN6K and up. They just don't sound very good and need a lot of tweaking to bring them up to today's standards. Want something different? Go out on the net and gather up some Solton SX1 or Roland VA styles, or Yamaha CVP209 styles. There are some very nice sounding styles just waiting for your keyboard and along the way, you'll learn how to convert styles. What a bonus!

Thank you for the tip. I have converted Soltan and Roland styles before, but never Yamaha. What program do I need to use?

#56008 - 09/24/04 07:29 AM Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
There are some great suggestions for alternatives to my original request for initialized discs from the Technics KN KB's prior to the 6K & the 7K.

As I originally posted I am interested specifically in the 1K, the 3K, & the 5K....As I have already mentioned, I am fully aware that MANY of the rhythms were carried over to the upgraded KN's. SOME were not. If I could remember those not included, that would be great....I could then just ask for those rhythms!

All of the suggested alternatives to having the initialized discs are wonderful & do provide many great & interesting ideas to work with.

Maybe I will be lucky & find people who actually still have the machines I want initialized discs from. Maybe they will allow me to do the process myself.

You have all been very helpful as usual....Thank you for posting your thoughts....

ELIZABETH

#56009 - 09/24/04 02:35 PM Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Elizabeth, the KN1000 won't play on your KN7K and I couldn't get it to play on my KN6K, either. Any style NOT carried over to a new keyboard is included in the download of styles at the Technics website, as already stated, and WILL NOT have to be upgraded, as that chore has already been done for us. I spent many hours at my dealer cross-loading styles from one keyboard to another just to gather the styles from the older keyboards and PR's before Technics did the job for us. Had I known they would do that, I could have saved myself a ton of work, so you can see why I ask you why you want to go backwards. Not to mention, that most of the styles won't load up in the newer keyboards without help. Also, you didn't mention the KN1400, 1500, 1600, plus a few others in between.

#56010 - 09/24/04 04:32 PM Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS
gregtowle Offline

Loc: lakeland fl
Quote:
Originally posted by etwo4788:
It has occurred to me that it would be great to have an initialized disc from all the great KN KB's I have enjoyed & no longer own... Maybe there are others who would also like to have the same!

This is the best place I know of to ask for help to accomplish this task!

How about it "Zonies" would anyone be willing to initialize & save to 3.5 disc any of the uploadable older KN's?

I am particularly interested in a disc on each of the following....(Maybe one disc would do for all three of these.) The 1K, the 3K, & the 5K.....I will be very glad to pay for disc & postage.......

I will make one for the 6K for anyone who wants one....that & the AWESOME 7K machines are both "keepers" for me....If anyone can use a 7K initialized disc...(How I don't know)....I will be glad to do those as well!

If there is another way to go with this idea I am open to suggestion???

Many thanks for all responses....

LOVE, LIGHT, HUGS, & HARMONY! ELIZABETH

Hi,

I can probably get all of them for you...I have them here somewhere....just trying to a juggle things around these hurricanes here in Fl.

#56011 - 09/25/04 05:59 AM Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi.

As far as I know, the KN1000 patterns can be loaded in with the style converter disk.
I don't understand the need to have the initial disks from all these old keyboards,
because they will give you nothing since they only contain 3 initial composers which
were the same as only 3 of the presets.
So I think there there is no way to getting all the presets, and also no point if they
are all available for free download on the Technics Website anyway.

Happy playing and converting
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#56012 - 10/07/04 02:51 PM Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Elizabeth,

I tried doing this a few years ago because I liked the earlier versions of sounds and rhythms but it wasn't possible. I think the reason given was that some of the settings were not recognised by the latest keyboard and those that the keyboard did acknowledge were immediately updated to the latest format so the moment you saved these settings they were saved in the current format.

However, Fran gave good advice when she gave you Technics website on which all back formats were offered as free downloads but again, some are better than others. Also I am note sure whether this site has closed or the offer of freebies been withdrawn as I thought there was to be a 'cut off' time.
I eventually bought the SD 128mg card from Technote which has all the older keyboards rhythms, sounds and Custom styles on it, but you must be aware that the Custom Styles and the 'ALL' loading facilities didn't appear until the KN5000 I think it was,therefore some of these older styles etc., do not offer these facilties but I can thoroughly recommend this SD card. The full list shown on the Technics site are on it. For your information Technote's website is:-
www.technote.com

and their email address is:-

enquiries@technote.com

Hope this helps.

Aud

#56013 - 10/07/04 04:33 PM Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
All the styles from previous keyboards, converted to KN7000 format, are still available here : http://www.technicskn7000.com/home.asp

By the way Audrey, Fran is a 'HE' not a 'SHE'

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#56014 - 10/07/04 08:49 PM Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
AUDREY.....Just found your post! Thank you for your good suggestions! I do know about Technote...great source. My challenge is with the computer processing.... I do not know how to "unzip" files...& all the language everyone but me seems to understand! This is why I want the initialized discs for all the old KB's I no longer have....I can deal with them a lot easier than with the computer processes!

My request for all the old stuff has nothing to do with "need" as some have suggested...It is about "want" & ease of understanding....

A visiting keyboardist here in our park spent this afternoon with me sharing our passion for music....She plays great Ragtime....Turned me on to www.John Roache.com very exciting music! (Most music is very exciting to me.....the exception I can think of is my grandson's "Emo Punk)....

My new friend downloaded lots of Ragtime to floppy from her computer. The floppies would not load to my 7K....Any suggestions on what is needed?.... All the music on floppy is in midi & we had her computer connected to my KB....The floppy was clean & formatted...

Yes Bill....good idea to identify location...I am in S.E. New Mexico...U.S.A. My KB's are both Technics..the 6K I play every Sat for local Nursing Home residents & staff & my AWESOME 7K I play at home....If I could handle it I would take it to the NH!

#56015 - 10/07/04 10:30 PM Re: INITIALIZED KN DISCS
MrEd Offline

FYI: The John Roache site is now http://www.johnroachemusic.com/

Ed

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online